Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Nov 2011, 04:28 (Ref:2990732)   #401
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is pretty **** poor form especially with someone like Mal who has done nothing but support enduro events here and O/S for many years (taking multiple cars and aussie drivers with him) to not be allowed to run his v8.. I think with ONLY 30 odd cars entered you shouldn't be too picky espically as like others have said if it was some euro team with a "racecar" they woul dof slotted them in some class..
Old 24 Nov 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2990747)   #402
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I think it is pretty **** poor form especially with someone like Mal who has done nothing but support enduro events here and O/S for many years (taking multiple cars and aussie drivers with him) to not be allowed to run his v8.. I think with ONLY 30 odd cars entered you shouldn't be too picky espically as like others have said if it was some euro team with a "racecar" they woul dof slotted them in some class..
It doesn't seem like the organisers are explicitly discriminating against Mal, or his operation.
It seems as if they've taken issue with the car he's elected to run - which seems fairly reasonable, given the age, and nature of the package.

That package has a novelty factor overseas. Foreign organisers evidently see benefit in allowing the package to enter because it provides foreign variety.
That novelty is lost here and, more importantly it's available at multiple other events throughout the year.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2990755)   #403
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
It doesn't seem like the organisers are explicitly discriminating against Mal, or his operation.
It seems as if they've taken issue with the car he's elected to run - which seems fairly reasonable, given the age, and nature of the package.

That package has a novelty factor overseas. Foreign organisers evidently see benefit in allowing the package to enter because it provides foreign variety.
That novelty is lost here and, more importantly it's available at multiple other events throughout the year.
Thats how I see it too, Im sure if Mal wanted to run the Nissan GTR then there would be no problems at all.

I got no problem with Holden or Ford V8s in the race as long as they are production based. If a V8 Supercar team wanted to enter an SS or an XR8 then hey bring it on, I'd love to see that.

Speaking of which-it would be nice to see another Holden Motorsport entry like the Sportswagon, anyone heard anything?

Fingers crossed for Mercedes involvement, Im sure the lure of beating Audi is a strong one...
Old 24 Nov 2011, 06:57 (Ref:2990759)   #404
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be a fantastic 12hour race with Audi and Mercedes Benz fighting it out for 1st place.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 07:04 (Ref:2990760)   #405
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

R4z3 If cars like Commodore Cup and SALOON cars werent given entry into the race i would perhaps agree. Some of you may remember me refering to the race as the wakefield 300 when these decisions were initially made. VT and AU 6 cylinder falcons mmm mmm what an image

The way the organisers chop and change the eligibility of entrants is the core issue.

In 2010 we had a fantastic Production Car event with a strong field of profesional and semi profesional outfits competing for the outright win. The event was going fine with factory support from multiple manufacturers even if it wasnt gaining the attention GT categories get.

2011 They allow GT cars into the race, dismissing the production cars to class contenders and losing a huge field as a result. Just over a month or 2 till the race they announce that Audi is joining the race with a line up of profesional factory drivers. This completely contravened the regulations for the event regarding seeded drivers but they didnt care as it suited them and the image it would give the event. For every other competitor who entered the race with a driver line up actually within in the rules it was a case of too bad...your screwed(insert Tony Quin here).

The introduction of the GT cars gets it the media exposure they expected and outwardly is a success despite the exodus of production car runners.

2012 Initially it seems to be the same as the previous year with specific categories for production cars, gt3 cars etc but halfway through the year announcements letting completely random cars like commodore cup and saloon cars seem to suggest that eligibility is being broadened. The Regulations confirm that eligibility has now been broadened to GT3 cars going back into the early 2000's, GT4, production cars all the way back to 2000 are eligible and what are described as invitational classes.

The event becomes alligned with the endurance races overseas and is advertised to all the entrants overseas who participate in a year of endurance races as a race they should attend. One would expect that as the race is now alligned to these events that the cars that regularly race in them would be welcome.

This can be found on the Dubai 24 hr website regarding one of ten reasons for foreign entries to take part in the race

The 12H Bathurst is open for a wide range of Touring, GT Cars AND 24H Specials cars. eg Mal Rose's Endurance VZ

At the bottom of the so called eligibility list for the 12hr race it mentions the invitational cars must conform to the class rules that their vehicle would fit into as per the Dubai 24 hr regs which can be found here.

http://www.24hdubai.com/?page=461

That very page lists the Holden V8 as a vehicle eligible to compete. Obviously in reference to Mals car.

We have a race promoter/organiser who seems to be confused as to wether or not the B12hr race is alligned to the other crevantic races or not. We have seen press releases talking the connection up, the head hunting expeditions to overseas races etc but the B12HR entry list is completely restrictive in comparison to its brethren....and strangely the invitational class on the 12hr website only lists cars that happen to already be publically entered. If a BMW E90 WTCC is eligible, why doesnt it list the Cruze, SEAT etc for the same class.

Most of the australian gt contigent are not entering in their own vehicles due to the date clash with their first championship event at adelaide a week later, 2 local entries will be capable of victory barring unforseen circumstances and it appears most of the gt part of the field will be foriegn entrants. As far as we know we can only guess as to wether last years crop of porsches will return to fill up the grid.

Mal is a stalwart of the endurance races overseas. While the rest of the australian competitors capable of doing so sit on theIe arses he spends money and time in actually competing in these races. His car and team combination are probably more profesional then half the grid that will turn for the race in feb, and the cars appeal overseas and within australia which is actually quite strong in the motorsport fraternity would have been a desirable asset to have in the event. (not withstanding anti v8 fans) Thats ignoring the fact that he is eligible to compete in all the sister events overseas, yet is completely snubbed at the best track in australia his home country.

This organiser needs to clean up his act, its trully poor form to block this particular entrant and they need to stop cutting and chopping the eligibility list at will to suit there own objectives for this event that seem to be at odds with the rest of the sister races and the potential of the event.

Last edited by nafe!; 24 Nov 2011 at 07:13.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2990768)   #406
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
R4z3 If cars like Commodore Cup and SALOON cars werent given entry into the race i would perhaps agree. Some of you may remember me refering to the race as the wakefield 300 when these decisions were initially made. VT and AU 6 cylinder falcons mmm mmm what an image
Having looked at the category in greater detail, I'd probably agree that inclusion of Commodore Cup entries (while excluding Mal's entry) is somewhat inconsistent.
Despite what I'd mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe!
The way the organisers chop and change the eligibility of entrants is the core issue.

In 2010 we had a fantastic Production Car event with a strong field of profesional and semi profesional outfits competing for the outright win. The event was going fine with factory support from multiple manufacturers even if it wasnt gaining the attention GT categories get.

2011 They allow GT cars into the race, dismissing the production cars to class contenders and losing a huge field as a result. Just over a month or 2 till the race they announce that Audi is joining the race with a line up of profesional factory drivers. This completely contravened the regulations for the event regarding seeded drivers but they didnt care as it suited them and the image it would give the event. For every other competitor who entered the race with a driver line up actually within in the rules it was a case of too bad...your screwed(insert Tony Quin here).
In regards to the regulations, I'd agree. Greater consistency is necessary. There's a certain degree of inconsistency in allowing Commodore Cup et al to enter, while excluding Mal's entry (on the basis of age, or incompatibility).

The reasoning as to why Mal's entry has (likely) been denied, has already been discussed and, exempting the aforementioned inconsistency, seems reasonable given the event's focus.
I'd consider it a shame if Mal weren't entering the race. Excluding the car isn't particularly concerning.

Driver seeding/eligibility has been discussed thoroughly. As you may recall, there were contingencies within the sporting regulations for all-professional lineups.
The 2012 regulations reflect this to a greater extent.

Being a motorsport event with professional aspirations, that shouldn't be considered an underhanded approach to such matters. Considering these contingencies were likely enacted for planned potential scenarios (e.g. factory/professional entries). It's fairly evident that factory and professional involvement, at least within GT3, is a key focus of the event.

For team owners, neglecting to consider such accommodations is a risk taken at one's own peril.
Note the 2012 lineup characteristics for Maranello Motorsport, Lago, and Huglin entries.

Quote:
The introduction of the GT cars gets it the media exposure they expected and outwardly is a success despite the exodus of production car runners.

2012 Initially it seems to be the same as the previous year with specific categories for production cars, gt3 cars etc but halfway through the year announcements letting completely random cars like commodore cup and saloon cars seem to suggest that eligibility is being broadened. The Regulations confirm that eligibility has now been broadened to GT3 cars going back into the early 2000's, GT4, production cars all the way back to 2000 are eligible and what are described as invitational classes.
The GT3 category has only formally existed since 2006. It's pretty reasonable to make the assumption that broadening eligibility to consider older models is targeted at gaining more local entries. GT4 entries were eligible under Class C already. The list of explicitly eligible vehicles within that category has only been increased. If the cars are currently homologated within their respective FIA categories, I see no issue with eligibility.

Quote:
The event becomes alligned with the endurance races overseas and is advertised to all the entrants overseas who participate in a year of endurance races as a race they should attend. One would expect that as the race is now alligned to these events that the cars that regularly race in them would be welcome.

This can be found on the Dubai 24 hr website regarding one of ten reasons for foreign entries to take part in the race

The 12H Bathurst is open for a wide range of Touring, GT Cars AND 24H Specials cars. eg Mal Rose's Endurance VZ

At the bottom of the so called eligibility list for the 12hr race it mentions the invitational cars must conform to the class rules that their vehicle would fit into as per the Dubai 24 hr regs which can be found here.

http://www.24hdubai.com/?page=461

That very page lists the Holden V8 as a vehicle eligible to compete. Obviously in reference to Mals car.

We have a race promoter/organiser who seems to be confused as to wether or not the B12hr race is alligned to the other crevantic races or not. We have seen press releases talking the connection up, the head hunting expeditions to overseas races etc but the B12HR entry list is completely restrictive in comparison to its brethren....and strangely the invitational class on the 12hr website only lists cars that happen to already be publically entered. If a BMW E90 WTCC is eligible, why doesnt it list the Cruze, SEAT etc for the same class.
That's only for categories I1, I2, I3 and I4 (in which the Commodore isn't specified). Creventic's eligibility list for the Bathurst 12 hour (see: http://www.12hbathurst.com/?page=537) does not specify the V8 Commodore as an eligible package. The same is evidenced via the regulations hosted at the Bathurst 12 hour site (see: http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/wp-...regs_final.pdf)

That's another example of the inconsistency I'd mentioned earlier. This suggests the organisers of each individual event are able to further specify vehicle eligibility:
Quote:
3.Vehicles not on the Eligibility List will be considered upon application and be subject to approval by the Event Organiser
As has already been discussed, they've deemed it unsuitable.

Grounds for exclusion are inconsistent with the inclusion of other entrants (e.g. 24H specials).
The matter of Mal's car being ineligible for this event specifically (within the regulations) is fact, however.

Quote:
Most of the australian gt contigent are not entering in their own vehicles due to the date clash with their first championship event at adelaide a week later, 2 local entries will be capable of victory barring unforseen circumstances and it appears most of the gt part of the field will be foriegn entrants. As far as we know we can only guess as to wether last years crop of porsches will return to fill up the grid.

Mal is a stalwart of the endurance races overseas. While the rest of the australian competitors capable of doing so sit on theIe arses he spends money and time in actually competing in these races. His car and team combination are probably more profesional then half the grid that will turn for the race in feb, and the cars appeal overseas and within australia which is actually quite strong in the motorsport fraternity would have been a desirable asset to have in the event. (not withstanding anti v8 fans) Thats ignoring the fact that he is eligible to compete in all the sister events overseas, yet is completely snubbed at the best track in australia his home country.

This organiser needs to clean up his act, its trully poor form to block this particular entrant and they need to stop cutting and chopping the eligibility list at will to suit there own objectives for this event that seem to be at odds with the rest of the sister races and the potential of the event.
The exclusion of Mal's operation doesn't seem like the result of a personal vendetta. In regards to his outfit's professionalism, that's likely.
It doesn't change the fact that his package is however ineligible from this event specifically.

Mal's exclusion may be inconsistent with the inclusion of other entries. I won't suggest otherwise.
If we're discussing solely whether his package, or those of a similar nature should be considered eligible, we'll have to agree to disagree.

That's entering the realm of personal opinion, however.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 24 Nov 2011 at 08:33.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2990783)   #407
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Grounds for exclusion are inconsistent with the inclusion of other entrants (e.g. 24H specials).
The matter of Mal's car being ineligible for this event specifically (within the regulations) is fact, however.
Thats the crux of the issue. The invitational eligibility list appears to be based upon whoever they have received entries for, as if it was produced post confirmation of the vehicle. For example how many Modified VXR Astras built to mcleods spec exist in the world? Its the only one as far as im aware..yet its listed on the Invitational eligibility list.

If they really are part of the crevantic group of races why not just adopt the same regs and allow the races to be as broad and spectacular as they are overseas letting far more then just Mals entry into the race.

The overseas races are built around GT3 being the outright contenders as it is, and are very successful in their current formats...why mess with the formula?

Im still looking forward to attending the race this febuary but some of the decision making astounds me.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2990790)   #408
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Driver seeding/eligibility has been discussed thoroughly. As you may recall, there were contingencies within the sporting regulations for all-professional lineups.

That's only for categories I1, I2, I3 and I4 (in which the Commodore isn't specified). Creventic's eligibility list for the Bathurst 12 hour (see: http://www.12hbathurst.com/?page=537) does not specify the V8 Commodore as an eligible package. The same is evidenced via the regulations hosted at the Bathurst 12 hour site (see: http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/wp-...regs_final.pdf)
I wasnt actually aware of any contingencies within the regulations for all professional line ups. The rules stated that cars were allowed a maximum number of seeded drivers and the all euro audi entry clearly violated that, and the aussie one may or may not have as well, i cant remember if the inclusion of mark eddy nullified it.

I just realised my mistake in my previous post, i misplaced that reference to the holden v8 in the dubai regs as i was preparing the previous post. What i was trying to get at is that the car is clearly eligible to compete in the Dubai 24hr regs and its sister races which the b12hr is supposedly modeling/alligning itself to, which leads to my comments regarding the strange nature of the invitational list. I didnt mean to suggest it was in the b12hr regs as it clearly isnt.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2990794)   #409
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Quote:
I wasnt actually aware of any contingencies within the regulations for all professional line ups. The rules stated that cars were allowed a maximum number of seeded drivers and the all euro audi entry clearly violated that, and the aussie one may or may not have as well, i cant remember if the inclusion of mark eddy nullified it.

I just realised my mistake in my previous post, i misplaced that reference to the holden v8 in the dubai regs as i was preparing the previous post. What i was trying to get at is that the car is clearly eligible to compete in the Dubai 24hr regs and its sister races which the b12hr is supposedly modeling/alligning itself to, which leads to my comments regarding the strange nature of the invitational list. I didnt mean to suggest it was in the b12hr regs as it clearly isnt.
The driver seeding clause is under article 2.1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011
For Classes A, B & C only one (1) seeded driver is permitted to participate per vehicle entered. The Organiser will be the sole arbiter with respect to Driver Seeding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012
For Classes A, B & C a maximum two (2) seeded drivers are permitted to participate per vehicle
entered. A seeded driver is generally recognised as a well credentialed professional or semiprofessional driver, under the age of 55.
All drivers in Classes A, B & C must submit their record of achievements to the Organiser for classification before any entry will be accepted into the Event.
The Organising Committee will be the sole arbiter with respect to driver seeding.
That does send conflicting messages but, provides an out for the organisers and any entrant willing to make an attempt at fielding an all-professional lineup.

The consistency in regards to regulations does seem pretty horrendous across the board. If every event has a specific interpretation of the regulations it can become complicated, very quickly for budding entrants.

I've already stated my personal opinion on Mal's car but, I can understand why there's some bad feeling, and uncertainty over the regulations if said car is eligible elsewhere.
Opinions aside, I'm in the same position as you. Come February, I'll be there and, hopefully enjoying one cracking race, regardless.

Edit: On a related note, closing date for entries is apparently the 23rd of December.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 24 Nov 2011 at 10:16.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2991046)   #410
nafe!
Racer

For Classes A, B & C only one (1) seeded driver is permitted to participate per vehicle entered. The Organiser will
be the sole arbiter with respect to Driver Seeding.
A seeded driver is generally recognised as a well-known driver , under the age of 55, and satisfying at least one
of the following criteria:
• has held a Super Licence (for Formula One);
• has been a Works Driver, paid by a car manufacturer;
• has finished in the top 10 in the general classification in F3000, CART/Champcar, IRL, GP2, A1 GP, Renault V6,
FR2000 international;
• has finished in the top 6 in the general classification of an F3 international series (British/EuroF3) or major
international single seater Championship (Example : Nissan World Series)
• has finished in the top 3 in the general classification of a national single-seater series (F3, FR2000);
• has won an entry level single-seater series (FFord, F-BMW, F-Zip, Autosport Academy);
• has finished in the top 3 in the general classification of the Porsche Supercup;
• has finished in the top 6 in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship;
•has won the Australian GT Championship;
•has won the Australian Porsche Carrera Cup Championship;
• is a driver whose performances and achievements, despite not being covered by one of the definitions above,
may be considered as seeded by the Organisers’ at their discretion. Drivers in Classes A/ B & C not currently
registered with the Australian GT Championship will be required to submit their driving history for the last five (5)
years to the 12Hour Administrator to assist with Driver Seeding determination. Please contact the 12Hour
Administrator for more details.

Reading that, every entrant in the 2011 race had a right to feel agrieved by the decision to let audi field an all pro line up. You are correct...ultimately it is at the organisors discretion but that doesnt make the decision acceptable when all the other entrants fielded lineups to the rules as they appear.

Anyway some good news:

Former Bathurst 12 Hour winner buys Mosler

Thursday 24th November, 2011
Author: SpeedCafe ©

Dean Grant in the Mosler he has sold to Rod Salmon

Rod Salmon has purchased Dean Grant’s Mosler MT900 with the aim of winning his third Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour next year.

Salmon, won back-to-back 12 Hour crowns with Damien White/Graham Alexander (2008) and White/Tony Longhurst (2009) aboard Mitsubishi Lancers, will get his first taste of the British car at Phillip Island tomorrow (Friday).

More, extensive testing will be conducted in the lead-up to the 12 Hour race to ensure the car can take on the might of the Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Mercedes opposition.

Salmon will be joined by White, who works as operations manager for V8 Supercars, in tomorrow’s test.

“Rod has been talking about doing the 12 Hour race again for sometime,” White told Speedcafe.com.

“We have developed a great friendship over the years. I’ve done a fair bit of racing with him at Bathurst, so when he contacted me about the Mosler, of course I was keen.

“We won the race in 08 and 09, and now with these juicier GT3 cars that are running at the front, he has ditched any plans of running an Evo.

“He had a sniff around, came to (the final Vodka O Australian GT Championship round at) Sandown to look at the Moslers, and he has since purchased the Dean Grant car.

“Alan Heaphy (Team Mitsubishi Ralliart) and Keith Rennie (Jay Motorsport) also came to Sandown and looked over the car. As is the usual case with Rod, when he does something, he doesn’t do it in halves.

Not surprisingly, White says that he would love another chance at a win at Bathurst.

“The last time I raced with the 12 Hour in 2010, and with an hour to go, we were leading until the car melted,” White said.

“It would be nice to put the helmet back on.”

Salmon’s Mosler had a tough time of it in last year’s 12 Hour, with the car suffering a tyre failure heading into The Chase – resulting in major damage.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2991050)   #411
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dean Grant must be a bloody good salesman....... That Mosler has no chance of a good result.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2991053)   #412
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Dean Grant must be a bloody good salesman....... That Mosler has no chance of a good result.
Depends how they let it run, Craig Baird showed the cars potential before the AGT brigade hobbled it with parity restrictions.

If Rod Salmon approaches this race the same way he has in previous years they will be a serious contender for at least the final step of the podium.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 02:03 (Ref:2991076)   #413
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Depends how they let it run, Craig Baird showed the cars potential before the AGT brigade hobbled it with parity restrictions.

If Rod Salmon approaches this race the same way he has in previous years they will be a serious contender for at least the final step of the podium.
We'll agree to disagree i think....... Even with the weight out of it, Salmon still has to get his head around that beast, they are notoriously difficult to drive.

Time, and technology have left the dinosaur behind......
Old 25 Nov 2011, 03:23 (Ref:2991092)   #414
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
We'll agree to disagree i think....... Even with the weight out of it, Salmon still has to get his head around that beast, they are notoriously difficult to drive.

Time, and technology have left the dinosaur behind......
Weight, ride height and it may have had restrictors placed on it from what i remember.

The drivers in AGT suggest they are very difficult cars to drive, but the model hasnt really had a pro driver since craig baird drive the car so its difficult to judge exactly how hard to drive they are.

They are definately superseeded race cars but like i said Rod Salmon doesnt approach this race half hearted. His won it twice by fielding profesional driver line ups backed up by profesional team.

If Damian White and Mr Heaphy are involved it could turn into a serious challenger if Rod can handle the car. He has experience with v8supercars..also a very difficult and unique car to drive so he might be able to keep it on the black stuff at a reasonable pace.

Anyway im just glad to see another make and gt entry in the race especially since its a local one.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2991098)   #415
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For a supposedly bulletproof package, Mr Quinn has had no end of issues with reliability in his Mosler...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Nov 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2991101)   #416
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that mean Dean Grant has a new ride?
Old 25 Nov 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2991102)   #417
osrg
Racer

Quote:

If Damian White and Mr Heaphy are involved it could turn into a serious challenger if Rod can handle the car. He has experience with v8supercars..also a very difficult and unique car to drive so he might be able to keep it on the black stuff at a reasonable pace.

Anyway im just glad to see another make and gt entry in the race especially since its a local one.
Irrespective of the restrictions placed on it in this years event..... the Mosler was not ever a contender at any point. I fail to see how with a stronger field this year that this will suddenly change.

And Salmon will want to put bigger guns in the car other than White and Heaphy or his tilt at a decent result is gone before it begins. It's a big step from tooling around in a Lancer to a Mosler.... I'm gonna watch with interest the developments concerning this entry.......
Old 25 Nov 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2991103)   #418
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
Does that mean Dean Grant has a new ride?
Does he still have the Porsche?
Old 25 Nov 2011, 04:21 (Ref:2991104)   #419
osrg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Does he still have the Porsche?
I think he bought a Cup S after B12hr this year to run in AGT while the Mosler got rebuilt......I assume he still has that.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2991106)   #420
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I think he bought a Cup S after B12hr this year to run in AGT while the Mosler got rebuilt......I assume he still has that.
Interesting too that since Mr Quinn took over the series, the Vodka O logos fell off his race car..
Old 25 Nov 2011, 05:28 (Ref:2991113)   #421
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good eye, GTR.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2991125)   #422
useless27
Rookie

useless27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting too that since Mr Quinn took over the series, the Vodka O logos fell off his race car..
just happened to be the same time that the Rocking Angel Bourbon was released (produced by Vodka O) so that took the Vodka O placement on the side of the car
Old 25 Nov 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2991126)   #423
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What does 'new' mean exactly? 2011 spec, or 2010 cars updated?
Quote:
Yeah I believe there two here now – two new cars and another two about to be ordered – brand new cars
http://www.racerviews.com/2011/11/25...dis-mark-eddy/
Old 25 Nov 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2991129)   #424
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Irrespective of the restrictions placed on it in this years event..... the Mosler was not ever a contender at any point. I fail to see how with a stronger field this year that this will suddenly change.

And Salmon will want to put bigger guns in the car other than White and Heaphy or his tilt at a decent result is gone before it begins. It's a big step from tooling around in a Lancer to a Mosler.... I'm gonna watch with interest the developments concerning this entry.......
I think that is more reflective on Dean Grant never really having outright pace. Had someone like Kark Quin entered a mosler it would have been a different story.

Klark Quin won 3 rounds in a Mosler this year, including Clipsal and the bathurst round. The rest of the rounds he finished 2nd, and 3rd with his worst being 7th when the moslers suffered engine issues.

Damien White won them there 2 bathurst 12hr races against very strong opposition, overall far stronger fields then what turned up for this years race. Wether or not he intends to race this year and how quick he will be in a gt car is yet to be seen.

I think you will find that Mr Heaphy is a team manager
Old 25 Nov 2011, 07:44 (Ref:2991135)   #425
osrg
Racer

Quote:

I think you will find that Mr Heaphy is a team manager
Haha! Was wondering why I hadn't heard of the name..! Anyways....... Come the chequered flag next year after 12hrs we'll see if this decision by Salmon is the correct one. Certainly wasn't from Grant this year. The car just doesn't add up to me, it's a mongrel breed of a thing that technically is not a GT3 derivative as it was never rubber stamped by the FIA....... So what category will it run under in the 2012 12hr....?