Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jan 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3009401)   #1376
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like a partial ALMS season to me.

Didn´t OAK ran Judd re-batched as Mazda engines a couple of years ago in P2 in LMS?

Thought I read somewhere Dempsey´s contract with ABC will not be renewed after this year. Would this free him to race an open car in 2013?

Last edited by Coach Ep; 9 Jan 2012 at 16:54.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3009416)   #1377
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Think there's another one to come after that too!
Another one that isn't Black Swan?
Old 9 Jan 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3009418)   #1378
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see the P2 class, especially in the WEC, is becoming popular, last year I was worried the new LMP2 rules would be a disaster. Certainly makes a hell of a lot more sense for a privateer (no matter the funds) to enter LMP2 instead of LMP1.

If I were Dempsey I would do some ALMS races, including PLM (with significantly smaller field this year it should be easy and if Dyson/Muscle Milk have major problems like last year they could even contend for the overall victory) and then set up for either a full WEC or ALMS schedule in 2012. Especially since the RX-8 is coming to the end of it's life in Rolex.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3009419)   #1379
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
A Dyson link up would be a help for Dempsey but yes, with Dyson only doing LMP1 it does not make sense for McDreamy, despite the Mazda sponsorship. Oh well, If you want to do a good job then do it yourself!
I'm going to bet the Dyson/Mazda partnership is towards of it's years and Mazda going towards the future will focus their sports car programs on grassroots racing and LMP2.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3009570)   #1380
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I agree that the whole "confirmation" is very vague. At some point this year and Le Mans depends upon receiving an invitation.
Would he get accepted even if he does not do a full season anywhere just because he is Dempsey? I'm not sure if the French are so impressed by his stardom, but maybe they are. Who knows. If he does get an entry just because he is Dempsey, it would be a major blow to the teams that are either left out in the cold or who had to spend a lot of money to go WEC racing just to guarantee themselves of a spot.

Of course, if Peugeot scales back, it could help at least one privateer team get an entry.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3009590)   #1381
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Would he get accepted even if he does not do a full season anywhere just because he is Dempsey? I'm not sure if the French are so impressed by his stardom, but maybe they are. Who knows. If he does get an entry just because he is Dempsey, it would be a major blow to the teams that are either left out in the cold or who had to spend a lot of money to go WEC racing just to guarantee themselves of a spot.

Of course, if Peugeot scales back, it could help at least one privateer team get an entry.
They seemed to be pretty sweet on Dempsey last year. It can't have hurt that he was a guest of Mazda who must surely be looking at a return. With the selection criteria so vague there's every chance he could get in.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3009591)   #1382
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm not sure if the French are so impressed by his stardom, but maybe they are.
I seem to remember somewhere the list of criteria for selection includes, as minor points, things like "likelihood of raising awareness of the sport and competition" and "charitable or noteworthy causes" or something to that effect. I think those were the ones given last time he had a Le Mans entry.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3009786)   #1383
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will we see a drayson lmp1 lola next year?

http://gas2.org/2011/12/19/all-elect...e-mans-series/
Old 10 Jan 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3009791)   #1384
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
will we see a drayson lmp1 lola next year?

http://gas2.org/2011/12/19/all-elect...e-mans-series/
That story is a complete fiction. It is not going to happen. See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...32#post3003232
Old 11 Jan 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3010210)   #1385
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some more info on the project
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...-electric-lmp/

So I guess this wont race in alms/wec/lm24 although I would rather see this car (with headlights) at le mans than the dw
Old 11 Jan 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3010412)   #1386
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw on Good Morning America today that McDreamy says he will continue to be on Greys Anatomy as long as it does not interfere with his racing. If it does, he will leave the show.

How the hell much do these people make? I've never even seen the show.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3010431)   #1387
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He already said the next season of greys will be his last.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3010433)   #1388
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I saw on Good Morning America today that McDreamy says he will continue to be on Greys Anatomy as long as it does not interfere with his racing. If it does, he will leave the show.

How the hell much do these people make? I've never even seen the show.
I've never seen it either. I'm not really into fictional drama or comedy.

Apparently he makes $225,000 an episode and I am sure he has a big chunk of the syndication rights which can make these actors tens of millions over the years. The main key is getting a series up to about 100 episodes to make it a syndication package. It is said that these production companies make most of their money on syndication rights as it is basically an off the shelf product they can resell all around the world for decades(if it's a popular show).
Old 12 Jan 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3010530)   #1389
Nologo
Rookie

France
Nologo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
That story is a complete fiction. It is not going to happen. See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...32#post3003232
It is going to happen...
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3010551)   #1390
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Priorities, some people have the right ones. Always thought Greys was quite overrated as a show and not a massive fan of McDreamy either but thats a good attitude he has regarding his racing. I thought it wouldve been the other way round.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3010581)   #1391
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Priorities, some people have the right ones. Always thought Greys was quite overrated as a show and not a massive fan of McDreamy either but thats a good attitude he has regarding his racing. I thought it wouldve been the other way round.
Seems like a pretty brave statement on his part.
He must have some other lucrative ventures going, if this is the case.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3010609)   #1392
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring has apparently been expanding its pit lane facilities.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
Old 12 Jan 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3010641)   #1393
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nologo View Post
It is going to happen...
The car will happen, but it actually doing races is complete fiction.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3010733)   #1394
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMS Twitter page
News from the @Autosport_Show - #ALMS, #IMSA partnering with Quimera for electric racing championship - http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|16459
Source: https://twitter.com/#!/almsnotes/sta...77950588071936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Working strategically, both IMSA and Quimera have immediately begun to define their objective of organizing a global, non-fossil fuel based championship.

__

Initial categories under consideration:
GT
AEGT(525 kw – 700bhp)
Touring GT (300kw – 390bhp)
NB
OPEN WHEEL
F3 type (300kw – 390bhp)

OTHER
LMP type: Currently in discussion with two potential partners. Specifications to be finalized.

Drifting (170 kW-220bhp)
TTXGP
Wondering if this is related to Drayson's announcement/showcase yesterday.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3010744)   #1395
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Seems like a pretty brave statement on his part.
He must have some other lucrative ventures going, if this is the case.
He can always do a Paul Newman and only do movies in the off season.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3010755)   #1396
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He can always do a Paul Newman and only do movies in the off season.
Well yes that might be doable with flicks but TV does not work like that, series take serious time and effort to make
Old 12 Jan 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3010764)   #1397
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post

Maybe they ought to focus on getting their main series fixed, before wasting time on this kind of crap.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3010777)   #1398
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
True- Right now ALMS needs to be asking itself three questions about any potential partnership it gets into- 'Will it put competitive cars on the grid?', 'Will it bring any real benefits in TV and media coverage?', and 'Will it attract any proper sponsorship money into the series?'. I suspect we already know the answer to all three in this case....

Does ALMS really need another slightly off-the-wall support category? First replica CanAm cars, and now an EV series that apparently won't even happen before 2013...?
Old 12 Jan 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3010808)   #1399
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport say Dyson have purchased two 2012 Lola's to replace their 2008 models.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3010810)   #1400
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Maybe they ought to focus on getting their main series fixed, before wasting time on this kind of crap.
x1,000,000 - I have to say I'm a little bit speechless. It's like they are taking literally every idea, suggestion and possibility and just throwing it against the wall to see if it will stick. I don't have much to add beyond what has been said by myself and 1000 other people as to how to fix the series. But I will say that this is (literally) the first time since 2002 that I've been interested in the Rolex 24 and I'm at least as excited for the Grand Am GT season as I am the ALMS 2012 season.

If things don't change I can only see the ALMS sliding further into irrelevance. When we as fans say that IMSA needs to distance themselves from the ACO, I think I can speak for everyone that this is not the way to do it.