Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Sep 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1110062)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport News

Is it only we Queenslanders who are now getting our mag later than usual or is it the same everywhere. If the release day is to be changed i wish they would inform the readers.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 07:38 (Ref:1110064)   #2
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi pete,
just picked mine up, but I saw a couple of guys this morning walk into work with their copy.
So, sorry, no change in delivery date.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 07:42 (Ref:1110065)   #3
pete55
Veteran

It has been the same up here for the last 3 issues. I thought the transport company was blamed for the first instance. I wonder what the reason for the last 2 issues is.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1110078)   #4
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got mine this morning and i live in brisbane. maybe check some other newsagencies. the release date is 29th which is today..
Old 29 Sep 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1110092)   #5
pete55
Veteran

OK, but it always used to come Wednesdays.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1110175)   #6
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And what day is it in Queensland today?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1110177)   #7
pete55
Veteran

I was told it was Wednesday.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 11:13 (Ref:1110190)   #8
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waaaaaaaaay too much sun up in the beautiful one day country me thinks
Old 29 Sep 2004, 11:19 (Ref:1110197)   #9
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt waste my money but you are certainly welcome to.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1110381)   #10
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Motorsport News

Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Is it only we Queenslanders who are now getting our mag later than usual or is it the same everywhere. If the release day is to be changed i wish they would inform the readers.
Dont worry Pete it will still be recent news when you get it. We should get it in Darwin sometime next week!!!!!
Old 29 Sep 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1110717)   #11
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I get mine over a WEEK late..............
Almost a History lesson when it gets here and some of the 'news' is supersceded too. (and SOME of it is SUPER.!!) (Craig Baird. Pole position. (thats in FRONT of EVERYBODY else on the track.... Winton 2004
luvlyjubly.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:38 (Ref:1123144)   #12
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Motorsport News

Quote:
Originally posted by sizzle
Dont worry Pete it will still be recent news when you get it. We should get it in Darwin sometime next week!!!!!

Yahoo its here, just in time to read "All you want to know about Bathurst".

Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1123179)   #13
pete55
Veteran

Still haven't gotten it up here today. Might be in Darwin after XMas sizzle. Going on working holiday around Australia if i don't get job i have just applied for.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1123214)   #14
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck with the Job Pete 55!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1123602)   #15
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree have to wait for a week for it to come hot off the press
Old 13 Oct 2004, 23:19 (Ref:1123829)   #16
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont buy it anymore I just get all the latest gossip on here mostly! And you see enough on TV, without buying the mag!
I look forward to my Australian Muscle Car Mag when it arrives every cuppla months! Now thats worth waiting for!
Old 14 Oct 2004, 01:13 (Ref:1123862)   #17
Branagan
Rookie

Branagan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings all.

We do have a problem – intermittently – in getting MNews on sale on time in Queensland. FYI, we print the magazine in Sydney and airfreight it to Queensland in order to make newsagents by Wednesday AM. We even have a backup plan if the pallet does not make the flight – but, for some reason, there appears some glitch with Qantas freight. We are working on an alternative. As you would understand, airfreight is way more expensive than its road equivalent which, by the way, seems to work fine for Victoria and SA.

Believe me, we have been working very hard with the distribution company to overcome this problem. We understand how frustrating it is for the readers; it is just as bad for us. A lot of planning and effort goes into doing a race like Bathurst and it drives us nuts to think that we are working 16-18 hour days and not getting on sale in one market on time. We literally seethe.

So we hope you will understand. This week's issue came with full reports from Bathurst (and supports and all the news). We had to mix this in with a full report from Suzuka, for which we had to have a backup plan if that event got called off because of the typhoon. We noticed that another magazine thought that having everyone wait a week for that report would be good enough. We did not, despite having only 3 bodies at Bathurst, not 8.

Keep reading! Otherwise, you might have to wait 12 weeks to find out about the Bright/Murphy/Tander deal (we reported it in May), Lowndes/FPR/T8, Seton/DJR and so on. Coincidently, the Holden driver piece ran alongside the Webber-Williams deal (world exclusive there). More to come, much more.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 01:31 (Ref:1123863)   #18
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps the guy from Qantas is "quarantining" your pallet, Mr Branagan? Surely the opposition wouldn't be offering incentives to freight companies

BAZCccccc: If you go to many of the supermarkets in Auckland, you can get Motorsport News the Monday after it comes out in Wednesday - 5 days late. If you get really desperate, you can go to the Shell station at the end of the Northwestern Motorway and it will be there by 6:30-7pm on a Sunday. How do I know? One of my mates rings me on a Sunday night and fills me in on the big news.

A subscription isn't much more expensive than the cover price either - and it seems to get to your letterbox in record time, according to another Auckland mate who subscribes.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 04:27 (Ref:1123910)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally posted by Branagan
Greetings all.

We do have a problem – intermittently – in getting MNews on sale on time in Queensland. FYI, we print the magazine in Sydney and airfreight it to Queensland in order to make newsagents by Wednesday AM. We even have a backup plan if the pallet does not make the flight – but, for some reason, there appears some glitch with Qantas freight. We are working on an alternative. As you would understand, airfreight is way more expensive than its road equivalent which, by the way, seems to work fine for Victoria and SA.

Believe me, we have been working very hard with the distribution company to overcome this problem. We understand how frustrating it is for the readers; it is just as bad for us. A lot of planning and effort goes into doing a race like Bathurst and it drives us nuts to think that we are working 16-18 hour days and not getting on sale in one market on time. We literally seethe.

So we hope you will understand. This week's issue came with full reports from Bathurst (and supports and all the news). We had to mix this in with a full report from Suzuka, for which we had to have a backup plan if that event got called off because of the typhoon. We noticed that another magazine thought that having everyone wait a week for that report would be good enough. We did not, despite having only 3 bodies at Bathurst, not 8.

Keep reading! Otherwise, you might have to wait 12 weeks to find out about the Bright/Murphy/Tander deal (we reported it in May), Lowndes/FPR/T8, Seton/DJR and so on. Coincidently, the Holden driver piece ran alongside the Webber-Williams deal (world exclusive there). More to come, much more.
Mr Branagan

You keep referring to Qld, couldn't care less about them Darwin isn't as far as I am aware part of Qld. We get the pre-bathurst edition on the shelves during the week after Bathurst. Almost 2 complete weeks late. The other mob regard us as important enough to get their mag to us on the same wed of publication via airfreight. Now we may be a small market and in the big scheme of things don't count but rest assured, you aren't getting my dollar if the mag keeps getting here up to 2 weeks after publication. I considered a subscription and asked once before whether or not they were mailed and didn't receive an answer. I ask because I have had subscriptions before to mags that where actually delivered to the newsagent not the mailbox, same time as the newsagent got there shipment, saved nothing in time.

As for the us and them **** it does nothing for me. you sound like the blue/red supporters in the parity thread.

Russell
Old 14 Oct 2004, 05:01 (Ref:1123917)   #20
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine will be in the mail box when I get home, Cheers Branagan!
Old 14 Oct 2004, 05:09 (Ref:1123921)   #21
pete55
Veteran

I just went to newsagent to get mine and it's still not in.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 05:50 (Ref:1123937)   #22
Branagan
Rookie

Branagan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the feedback on Darwin, we were under the impression that it went on sale Friday am. While we are dealing with the distributors, we will take this up.

Being small publisher (1 title) compared to other companies (dozens) we may not have access to the same airfreight deals as they might. The advantage is that we can be more flexible and get stories they might not (but you do not want any of this on the forum).

FYI, subscriptions are mailed first-class from Sydney Tues afternoon. From there, we are at the mercy of Australia Post but Thurs/Fri seems likely (you might know more about this than I do).
Old 14 Oct 2004, 06:34 (Ref:1123947)   #23
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Thanks.
Gets a bit frustrating at times living in this little town. But thats ok, as long as too many don't find out how good it is we won't be overrun.

Cheers

Russell
Old 14 Oct 2004, 06:49 (Ref:1123951)   #24
pete55
Veteran

Well as i said, used to get it up here Wednesday morning. Now looks like it's Friday and i'm only 100k from Brisbane.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1124053)   #25
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Well as i said, used to get it up here Wednesday morning. Now looks like it's Friday and i'm only 100k from Brisbane.
Pete, I was just down my local tonight (Wed 6-pm) and it had the pre Bathurst issue , and I am Brisbane south 20 kays