Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:16 (Ref:509539)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Super Nova Confirmed as Jordan Junior team!

Super Nova have now got Jordan Junior team status, drivers are so far being tipped to be, Pantano, and Derek Hill. The cars will be painted in the Jordan teams colours and sponsors will be announced in due course.

With Coloni now the offical "renault Junior team" and the Minardi Junior team, as well as the Jordan Junior team this gives me hope for the future of F3000, just goes to show that just because a team drops out and makes it down to 9 teams, dosent mean the ties with F1 become any less apparnt. http://tentenths.com/forum/newthread...ead&forumid=26
Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:30 (Ref:509557)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Super Nova Confirmed as Jordan Junior team!

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Super Nova have now got Jordan Junior team status, drivers are so far being tipped to be, Pantano, and Derek Hill. The cars will be painted in the Jordan teams colours and sponsors will be announced in due course.

With Coloni now the offical "renault Junior team" and the Minardi Junior team, as well as the Jordan Junior team this gives me hope for the future of F3000, just goes to show that just because a team drops out and makes it down to 9 teams, dosent mean the ties with F1 become any less apparnt. http://tentenths.com/forum/newthread...ead&forumid=26
Actually thinking about it, its Arden not Coloni that have landed the Renault Junior team status I belive, I read about it in Decemeber 2002 but havent heard anything since about it, anyone got any news on it?
Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:39 (Ref:509563)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Minardi Jr had pulled out, or been sold, or were on the verge of doing so? Not long ago tehre were Prost, Sauber and McLaren junior teams, as well as DAMS and Nordic, and they are all gone.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:41 (Ref:509567)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Now ur going back to the 1999 days. In 2000, 2001, 2002, we have been short on F1 Junior teams, now another has signed up which can only be a good thing for F3000..
Old 17 Feb 2003, 15:25 (Ref:509609)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi is now Coloni RedBull no?
Old 17 Feb 2003, 15:56 (Ref:509622)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally some good news after all
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:18 (Ref:509736)   #7
ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
Rookie

ABHIJIT ABRAHAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont think it makes a difference
jordan are so down and out that theyll give any driver with a cash wad a test
- being the juniour team does little - i did like super nova when they ran those georgeous purple cars though damm theyw ere fast when they ran monty or was it just monty that made them seem deversatating
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:22 (Ref:509741)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
If Jordan are doing so badly why do they have 1 of F1's best drivers in the shape of Fischeclla? And formula Nippon champion Ralph Firman, dosent seem too bad to me, and now they have Cosworth Engines I think they will do well, and they have been in testing recently..
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:38 (Ref:509759)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't both Jordan and Minardi need a bailout to make the F1 grid this year?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:40 (Ref:509766)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No, I dont think Jordan did because they got the backing from Benson and Hedges again - the only reason they had left it late to join is they wanted a British driver..
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:56 (Ref:509785)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

so basically Firman paid for his seat
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:59 (Ref:509788)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Well, Jordan has always maintanined that he hasnt paid anything for the seat and he got the seat on Merit. I mean if they didnt sign Firman it would have most likely have been Irvine then Massa..
Old 17 Feb 2003, 20:29 (Ref:509869)   #13
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan must be sticking Derek Hill at Super Nova so at least Ralph Firman won't be the biggest w@nker on the team. The guy spent (count that) 6 years in FNippon! And he didn't even dominate there like de la Rosa and Takagi did.

You have no idea how badly Eddie Jordan wants to get rid of Fisichella's contract. The new Jordan sure seem so loaded with sponsors!
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:55 (Ref:509968)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Derek Hill isnt a ****er !...........ok , he aint the fastest bloke ever to drive a racing car , im sure he is better than you or i .......i mean , he won Barber Dodge championship a few years back didnt he ?
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:39 (Ref:510025)   #15
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Derek Hill isnt a ****er !...........ok , he aint the fastest bloke ever to drive a racing car , im sure he is better than you or i .......i mean , he won Barber Dodge championship a few years back didnt he ?
Well, he won it because he punted Rino Mastronadi (sp?) in the last race. I also heard rumors that Skippy was giving him a better car than everyone else because of his last name, but I don't know how true that is. Hill sucked pretty badly in FAtlantic the next year.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:43 (Ref:510029)   #16
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Super Nova Confirmed as Jordan Junior team!

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
With Coloni now the offical "renault Junior team" and the Minardi Junior team, as well as the Jordan Junior team this gives me hope for the future of F3000
Quote:
Actually thinking about it, its Arden not Coloni that have landed the Renault Junior team status I belive
Arden will definitely not be a Renault junior team - those rumours started when RDD driver Heikki Kovalainen tested for them, but I *believe* Christian Horner denied any talks ever happened. Don't know if they'll be an official Renault team (can anyone confirm?), but TWS squad Gabord Competicion are as good as such, with Renault drivers Montagny and Kovalainen.

And Minardi will no longer have a presence as far as I know - European Minardi were taken over by Coloni last season, and that squad has become the Red Bull Junior Team for 2003.

So the only F1 team represented at present is Jordan. Still, a positive move for F3000 in these troubled times...

Last edited by jondownunder; 17 Feb 2003 at 22:44.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 23:05 (Ref:510039)   #17
windup1
Rookie

windup1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wakey, Wakey.
Sears got the Jordan livery on his cars, as part of the US sponsoship deal he gave EJ. The other condition , that he take Firman (Who is one of Sears drivers)and Sears takes a slice of the cake aswell.
Top business deal for all, especially DS.
EJ hasn't shared the Jordan marketing machine with DS 'cos he likes him. It made financial sense.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 23:22 (Ref:510052)   #18
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Well, he won it because he punted Rino Mastronadi (sp?) in the last race. I also heard rumors that Skippy was giving him a better car than everyone else because of his last name, but I don't know how true that is. Hill sucked pretty badly in FAtlantic the next year.
I hate to say it, but that's actually a possibility in Barber Dodge... The cars aren't even by any means. Josh Beaulieu who'll be racing in the series again this year was a front-runner in his silver painted car, but close to a backmarker in a blue one they were giving him for a time. That said, there are a number of guys that don't do squat in Barber Dodge, but go on to do very well in Atlantic and vice versa.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 17 Feb 2003, 23:34 (Ref:510064)   #19
Russfeld
Veteran

Well Atalntics has differences in team. A guy being good (or bad) in barber dodge and being bad (or good) in Atlantics is very much dependent on the machinery he's driving in Atlantics.

What US sponsorship did Sears bring to Jordan?
Old 18 Feb 2003, 09:36 (Ref:510343)   #20
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Jordan must be sticking Derek Hill at Super Nova so at least Ralph Firman won't be the biggest w@nker on the team. The guy spent (count that) 6 years in FNippon! And he didn't even dominate there like de la Rosa and Takagi did.

You have no idea how badly Eddie Jordan wants to get rid of Fisichella's contract. The new Jordan sure seem so loaded with sponsors!
Um, are we talking about the same Ralph Firman who won the British F3 championship? If we are then your statement about him being a w@nker seems a bit strange. The reason it took so long to win in F/Nippon was because he was developing the G Force chassis. Ralph is a hell of a good guy and will be on the case this year.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 12:52 (Ref:510468)   #21
Russfeld
Veteran

I will give him the 4 years at G-Force. But the minute he went to Nakajima he should have won the title in dominating fashion, like Takagi had the year before. He won 3-4 races and it took him until his second Nakajima season (and 6th overall) before he clinched the championship by a hefty two points.

If he had done a Takagi his first year with Nakasan, he'd look like an F1 level talent
Old 18 Feb 2003, 12:58 (Ref:510473)   #22
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
He is a F1 level talent. Look at the testing times, hes hardly discracing himself now is he? No Firman will do a good solid job this year and I bet that he wont be at Jordan very long - contract or not.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 14:06 (Ref:510525)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you seriously suggesting that the top teams will now be queuing up to sign Firman, after one season? Everyone said that Massa would be at Ferrari by 2004. Wilson could follow Alonso and Webber up the grid, but Firman is lucky to get this one chance - his F3 success is long forgotten, and his Nippon record not suggestive of a true F1 star. If Firman moves on from Jordan by the end of 2003, it'll either be because he's failed, or Eddie has lost his unequal struggle to keep the team going against all the funded multinationals.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 16:45 (Ref:510649)   #24
ABHIJIT ABRAHAM
Rookie

ABHIJIT ABRAHAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie jordans a shrewed businessman , theres no way jordans sinking ,Firman well didnt he win at macau as well , i wouldnt call him a ****er , but id say there are a lot of good drivers at the same level, it take a while to learn those japenese tracks and well your luck and contacts and sponsorships give you the breaks .
personally i would have liked to see anthony davidson have a go at it with jordan , but ralph firman it is and i wish him all the best .
Old 2 Mar 2003, 20:47 (Ref:522668)   #25
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barber Dodge is actually very good as far as equal machinery goes. i used to build the cars in Connecticut, and they are maintained equally and the new 'sponsor bodies are added on per race, the chassis and motors are placed at random, so good results here are good driving.