Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jul 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1367980)   #51
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Because then Giovanardi doesn´t win...

I haven't seen the incident yet,but i think FIA/KSO should use 'oppsite the pos. bewteen Gio and D'Aste ' instead of penalty.Or FIA really want to...
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1368072)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Well, Giovanardi would have only scored 8 points for an overall 2nd place in the drivers championship actually. It's only the manufacturers standings that would ignore d'Aste's presence in P1.

Ok, I thought privateers could not score points for factory drivers championship.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1368080)   #53
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfan
So he had to smash into the cars blocking his line did he. What a load of rubbish, I am afraid.

He did a great job keeping out of the way.

Bad call I believe. He should have won that race.

Rockfan
If your post is aimed at mine, either you haven't read my post or you don't understand.

D'Aste took avoiding action by using the chicane and he hasn't been penalised for that. He has been penalised because using the chicane gave him an advantage - you can tell he gained an advantage because he overtook Giovanadi who was ahead of the accident. I appreciate that this might be a bit subtle for you but there are two sides to this incident - the fact that he went "off" of the track to take avoiding action which is perfectly fine and the fact that by not using the chicane he got ahead of the guy in front of him.

If you watch the footage again, Giovanadi is not involved in the incident, it happens to the three cars behind him and Gio keeps going round the three sides of the bus stop. D'Aste can be seen coming into and going out of shot a number of seconds after Gio yet he gets to the line first because he avoided all of the bus stop chicane.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1368082)   #54
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffacus

It's marginal yes, it's just hard to tell what will happen... it might stand, but I can betcha a few drivers will be in front of the stewards after today’s races (a number of accidents throughout)
Crystal ball there Duffacus?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1368093)   #55
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurtis26
Crystal ball there Duffacus?
LOL!!! There are quite a lot of Stewards WTCC decisions on the press room wall here in Spa!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1368740)   #56
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sat by the Bus stop and watched it and D'Aste did take an unfair advantage - he didn't just cut the corner where the collision was - he cut across the tarmac and missed a good bit of the Bus Stop - 3 seconds penalty was right.
In our terms it was like he went across the grass from Coram at Russells at Snetterton and joined half way up the straight. A little OTT but I did feel for him.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1368849)   #57
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't at Spa, but there they ALWAYS penalise drivers for cutting the following corners:
Eau Rouge (top), Blanchimont and the Busstop, what ever the reason is. Even if you had no other choice.
It happened a lot to me as an Observer, you write a rapport that the driver had no other option than to cut across (to avoid a crash), yet Racecontrol slams a penalty.
You do not drive over Spa's white lines; period.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1369036)   #58
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Because then Giovanardi doesn´t win...
it was very nice to see d'Aste so happy there and crying and all ..
but ... Giovanardi wasn't even slowed too much by the incident . he took the Bus Stop at normal speed . and it would not be fair to him for somebody else .. even if not intentional cuts the chicane and gains a lot of time from that and wins .. it was a normal decision IMHO ... at least they let him have his moment

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1369098)   #59
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
I sat by the Bus stop and watched it and D'Aste did take an unfair advantage - he didn't just cut the corner where the collision was - he cut across the tarmac and missed a good bit of the Bus Stop - 3 seconds penalty was right.
In our terms it was like he went across the grass from Coram at Russells at Snetterton and joined half way up the straight. A little OTT but I did feel for him.
I just watched the video
I am agree with you,in fact 25 sec. penalty didn't too harsh at all.....
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1369256)   #60
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a too harsh a penalty would have been unfair to d'Aste . he didn't try to cheat . i think it was the best solution to the problem

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1370895)   #61
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see nothing wrong with the decision to penalize D'aste. The crash among the front-runners had already happened well and truly before he even reached the chicane, and if you look on the replays he doesn't brake or slow down one bit, he simply shoots straight ahead and cuts across.

He should be happy he got a mere three-second penalty to drop him, rightfully IMHO, down to second.

EDIT - Ok, I need to learn to check a bit closer for additional pages to a thread, as I see now that I'm not alone in this reasoning
Old 3 Aug 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1371153)   #62
dinkytoy
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
dinkytoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steward's decissions are always hard to take, and at Spa they were with 5 of them. The pictures from racecontrol were not quickly available (took 2 hours) and to judge on the Eurosport pictures is not the correct way so ALL drivers involved and ALL available pictures were seen by the Stewards to come to a unanimous decission, that's how the Stewards work, and they work just according the book.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1386156)   #63
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Alfa appeal some decisions it seems
http://www.fiawtcc.com/2k5/readnews.asp?id=656

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Aug 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1386160)   #64
dinkytoy
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
dinkytoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The appeal against the FARFUS decission has been dropped by Alfa Romeo, it's only a pitty that the FIA Court of Appeal will only have the hearing after the FIA WTCC race Oschersleben. During this time Alfa can accumulate lots and lots of information for builing up their cases (nearly 2 months) whereas the Stewards of the Meeting have to come to their decission on such matters within hours after the incidents!
Old 19 Aug 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1386215)   #65
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
that's what appeal are for ... to correct possible wrong stewards decisions ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Aug 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1386259)   #66
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
that's what appeal are for ... to correct possible wrong stewards decisions ..
With Farfus i guess there are no wrong steward decisions...

I don´t understand why FIA is considering the Garcia/Muller/Tarquini collision, it was a usual race incident for me.

Tags
wtcc