Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 May 2015, 02:49 (Ref:3536625)   #2626
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
The Toyota is one of the best looking modern lmp1s since the '11 908. Do I think they will win Le Mans?no, but I sure do want them to!
I totally agree. The front of the Toyota is a classic looking car. The side view is like a lightning badly drawn, but I don't care. That team deserve a victory, but as you said, if they doesn't surprise everybody with a great performance at the LM test...
Old 12 May 2015, 03:47 (Ref:3536633)   #2627
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
"Les Suisses au Mans" speculate that talks will be renewed between Buemi and Porsche after LM for a possible cooperation in the future. Just speculation, but an interesting one.
Old 12 May 2015, 06:20 (Ref:3536651)   #2628
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota should take some of that record $18billlion profit they made this past fiscal year and bless TMG next year. That might change anyone's mind thinking about leaving the team. They arent lacking in money, so I hope Akio can change the attitude of those signing off on the funds pertaining to the lmp1 project.
Old 12 May 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3536654)   #2629
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The Toyota is one of the best looking modern lmp1s since the '11 908. Do I think they will win Le Mans?no, but I sure do want them to!
It certainly is in the top 3 LMP1H's . I think they are all great looking and are all going to contribute to a great season
Old 12 May 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3536663)   #2630
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'd say since the Toyota and the 2011 Audi R18 are the 2 best looking modern LMPs.
Old 12 May 2015, 07:44 (Ref:3536668)   #2631
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Little update on Nakajima's rehabilitation. Good to know hes making progress.
Old 12 May 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3536678)   #2632
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Who agrees that the Toyota is the ugliest a$$ car in LMP1? I know for sure at Le Mans this year I am cheering for anybody except them to win.
Nice Trolling. Have you seen what the Audi looks like? that god awful twin snout at the front is hideous at best. The Ts040, while as not good looking as the 2012 TS030 and the Peugeot 908, is the best looking LMP on the 2015 grid. If you're wandering what they are, take a look to your left at my avatar. The Ts040 has that classic round light shape of the Le mans cars from the 80s and the early 90's while having one of the best side profiles in recent le-mans prototypes. If i hadn't picked the Toyota, i would have regrettably picked the Porsche. not because its a looker, but its Emily Ratajkowski next to Audi's Jocelyn Wildenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
"Les Suisses au Mans" speculate that talks will be renewed between Buemi and Porsche after LM for a possible cooperation in the future. Just speculation, but an interesting one.
This just keep getting worse by the week for Toyota doesn't it? I Hope this is pure speculation. Gave me shivers just reading that. On the flip-side, maybe it will give Toyota a good wake up call to inject more funds to this project

Last edited by tyronnezx; 12 May 2015 at 08:40.
Old 12 May 2015, 09:04 (Ref:3536684)   #2633
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota LMP1 Discussion

I personally like the Audi's looks, a mad scientist type fellow seems to of gone crazy with the aero. I like them all tbh, isn't that why we all like the championship so much? Such diversity under the skin but also the looks of them all.

Drivers like to move about now and again, i'd like to see Button in a Toyota.

A level minded chap who looks after his car.
Old 12 May 2015, 09:19 (Ref:3536688)   #2634
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For me the actuall Toyota TS040 the the prettiest of them all... by far. So I have no clue what you are talking about.
Old 12 May 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3536705)   #2635
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Drivers like to move about now and again, i'd like to see Button in a Toyota. A level minded chap who looks after his car.

I want to see Ricciardo, Hamilton, Alonso combo in a Toyota. That would be deadly
Old 12 May 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3536706)   #2636
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I personally like the Audi's looks, a mad scientist type fellow seems to of gone crazy with the aero. I like them all tbh, isn't that why we all like the championship so much? Such diversity under the skin but also the looks of them all.
I like them all too, but aesthetically I like the TS040 more than the others. I've grown used to the R18 so I'd prefer to call it purposeful (although I still maintain the 2011 car was good looking - it was just up against my favourite-looking LMP1 in the Peugeot 908).

LMP1-H isn't exactly a bastion of stylistic elegance, the form must follow function in such critical aero/cooling environments. But there's a lot to appreciate in all three cars.
Old 12 May 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3536750)   #2637
Skemer
Racer

Netherlands
Aalsmeer
Skemer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Peugeot 908 HDI FAP was what caught my attention while having a gaming marathon at a friend of mine in '08.Picked up some snippets from Eurosport and was immediately mesmerized by it's sheer beauty.Best looking prototype ever at Le Mans in my opinion and the reason for becoming an endurance racing addict.Especially beautiful with the Le Mans aero.
Old 12 May 2015, 15:19 (Ref:3536773)   #2638
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a soft spot for the early 908s with their black livery.

To stay on topic I would say that I think the TS040 is probably the best looking current LMP1 car. The livery could be better (and also more red.) I thought the first R18 was gorgeous but the current R18 not so much. Not particularly opinionated on the aesthetics of the 919.
Old 12 May 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3536833)   #2639
TF110
Veteran

United States
I wonder if the new LM spec Toyota will still have the same basic look? Mostly closed front bodywork, lights etc.
Old 12 May 2015, 20:28 (Ref:3536847)   #2640
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wonder if the new LM spec Toyota will still have the same basic look? Mostly closed front bodywork, lights etc.
Probably yes... but next year will be diferent IMHO… they need to step up their game
Old 12 May 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3536849)   #2641
TF110
Veteran

United States
They need more hybrid power. I think a new engine wont come until 2017, but a new battery system and a third car is what I think should happen next season.
Old 12 May 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3536859)   #2642
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
They need more hybrid power. I think a new engine wont come until 2017, but a new battery system and a third car is what I think should happen next season.
We been wanting that for a while now havent we? Toyota should commit to sports car racing for the long haul. Where else would they go after 2017?
Old 12 May 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3536869)   #2643
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Third car won't make them any faster, just less likely to fail from attrition. So far this years car looks a little wanting. Think, Nissan is coming with 3 cars (so far) do you think 3 snowballs in hell melt any slower than 2? There's no magic to 3 cars.
Old 12 May 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3536886)   #2644
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Third car won't make them any faster, just less likely to fail from attrition. So far this years car looks a little wanting. Think, Nissan is coming with 3 cars (so far) do you think 3 snowballs in hell melt any slower than 2? There's no magic to 3 cars.
What does this year's car have to do with 2016? Going by comments from Toyota, it seems like theres a much better chance they get the budget for 3 cars next year. As far as their pace is concerned, we'll have to wait a few more weeks unless somehow times from their Spa test leak. If that happens Im sure another debate on their pace will spring up.
Old 13 May 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3537039)   #2645
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What does this year's car have to do with 2016? Going by comments from Toyota, it seems like theres a much better chance they get the budget for 3 cars next year. As far as their pace is concerned, we'll have to wait a few more weeks unless somehow times from their Spa test leak. If that happens Im sure another debate on their pace will spring up.

Only that the car has to have the pace to win - this year, next year, any year, third car only helps the odds but the pace is the necessary element.
Old 14 May 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3537301)   #2646
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Only that the car has to have the pace to win - this year, next year, any year, third car only helps the odds but the pace is the necessary element.
We dont know their pace, at least with the LM package. And if the budget allows for a third car next year, it should allow for more development with it. Plus theyre making a new hybrid system just for 8mj, I think that will help a lot.
Old 14 May 2015, 06:35 (Ref:3537308)   #2647
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me and my brother said last year when the #7 car retired in the early hours, Toyota missed the only year they really had to win.
Audi didn't have the best package and Porsche was in a development year.
I really want them to win as they are my favourite! I struggle to see them doing it unless the German teams have a major flop.
Old 14 May 2015, 10:16 (Ref:3537353)   #2648
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Me and my brother said last year when the #7 car retired in the early hours, Toyota missed the only year they really had to win.
Audi didn't have the best package and Porsche was in a development year.
I really want them to win as they are my favourite! I struggle to see them doing it unless the German teams have a major flop.
Spot on. To think one can beat Porsche and Audi with only two cars is just downright condescending to sportscar racing. However way anyone tries to defend this frankly dumb way of thinking, the fact remains Toyota could've allready grabbed the price in 2014 IF they'd had another car.
They've missed their chance and as it stands now, both the TS030 and TS040 will fade away in racing history as beautifull sportscars that just weren't fast enough. Like all Toyota Le Mans racers have...
Old 14 May 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3537364)   #2649
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Spot on. To think one can beat Porsche and Audi with only two cars is just downright condescending to sportscar racing. However way anyone tries to defend this frankly dumb way of thinking, the fact remains Toyota could've allready grabbed the price in 2014 IF they'd had another car.
They've missed their chance and as it stands now, both the TS030 and TS040 will fade away in racing history as beautifull sportscars that just weren't fast enough. Like all Toyota Le Mans racers have...
Weren't fast enough!?
Isn't that what Toyota always has been, fast?
Toyota's issue last year was reliability and accidents, not their speed.

Until Toyota wins I will always think of them having 90% of the package, but they never achieve the last 10%, which always evades them.

However, I would not judge Toyota out, Le Mans is Le Mans and it will always come up with surprises.
Old 14 May 2015, 11:29 (Ref:3537369)   #2650
Chuliandred
Rookie

Chuliandred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Weren't fast enough!?
Isn't that what Toyota always has been, fast?
Toyota's issue last year was reliability and accidents, not their speed.

Until Toyota wins I will always think of them having 90% of the package, but they never achieve the last 10%, which always evades them.

However, I would not judge Toyota out, Le Mans is Le Mans and it will always come up with surprises.
They were fast last year. But never Peugeot style fast. If I remember correctly they were less than half a lap in front before their car failed and Audi was slowly but steadly closing the gap (before they hit trouble as well). The missed a big opportunity last year and if they are not lucky to win this year they will regret not running a third car. But as said before first they need a fast car that is able to win. Afterwards they can spend money on a third car. Three slow birds won't win anything against the VAG bros as it will be proven by Nissan this year...