Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:36 (Ref:886057)   #1
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Silverstone testing

I went to Silverstone yesterday (Tue) and was surprised at how few F1 fans were there watching!...It's free! (and it was neither squalid nor did it smell of fried onions!)

It was a beautiful 'crisp' sunny, wall to wall blueSky day...with the sound of glorious Formula One cars in the air! (except when TC cuts in on the exits!)

I'm not to up on driver helmets but I think it was De la Rosa in the McLaren, Glock & Pantano in Jordans and Button and Davidson in the BARs.

It's a beut' day again today get up there then!

P.S: Any doubters of the speed of the new BAR should have seen them...most impressive place to watch is at Bridge and on the approach into the Maggots complex!

Anthony in Jenson's new 006 took 2 seconds off his previous fastest in last years car, and he never does qualifying runs (min fuel + brand new tyres)
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:54 (Ref:886074)   #2
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn. Wish they tested a little closer to me... would have skipped a lecture for it.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 11:21 (Ref:886113)   #3
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same, i rember i used to go and see Pacific and Lotus testing up at Snett, by Silverstone is too far away for me.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 11:21 (Ref:886114)   #4
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi golem...yeah but I can't afford to go to Melbourne! Hope you can, I also hope the BAR goes as well in Oz...Whats the tempreture there at the mo?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 19:09 (Ref:886572)   #5
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When the weather improves a larger crowd will appear - the best is nearer the BGP - all teams present
Old 26 Feb 2004, 23:24 (Ref:886830)   #6
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
"Weather"!...it was glorious!..Sunny and blue sky! F1 cars...what more do they want?!

Actually to see Button, Davidson and Pantano circulating together was deja-vous for me...and them too...You lot wouldn't fully understand but in 1996 these three were professional kart racers in the F1A/CIK European karting championships in the Formula A class. Pantano was the 1995 champion who had been denied an upgrade to the factory Formula Super A class, as he wasn't quite 17 yet! However the Formula A class had 130 of the worlds top class karters competing (inc someone called Kimi Raikkenon...what ever happened to that guy?)through one lap qualifying, 4 heats and a repocharge race to land one of the 34 places in the two point scoring finals. Basically the toughest, closest most competitive form of 4 wheel road racing of any kind in the world. For those that doubt it...that's your loss! It's the class that made Senna and Schumacher etc what they were/are...many drivers never left it such as Terry Fullerton & Mike Wilson, to name but two because they knew it was were it was at...So did Senna, he came back from junior cars to karting to try and win the World title...but he never quite got it...because he tried to do both at the same time!

For me (and those who understand top level international karting) it's no surprise that Button, Davidson, and Pantano are still together. All of their fathers knew it would happen too! What a pity team bosses still havn't got the message...only one did! Smart man Flavio!

Last edited by Rennen; 26 Feb 2004 at 23:27.