Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Feb 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2833022)   #701
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
It's a tough and unfair world Silver. Porsche build cars for customers to go racing...someone else would need to be the benefactor if we're to see how Kane Rose, or a lot of young talented drivers would go in CC.
Could not agree more-- I have seen some real talents fade away because they do not have the resources to continue.
The shame of it is that the V8's make a sham of themselves by not looking or listening beyond their own world. A recent example of elevation to the higher order is Lee Holdsworth who Gary Rogers gave the chance to and proved himself very quickly.
Interesting point is that Alex Davison was a beneficiary of Porsche support worldwide that enabled him to establish himself .
Something Porsche could do that I think would help themselves and promote the sport on a wider basis---- make the prize for the winner of the GT3 Challenge (in 996 GT3 Cup Cars) a year in the main game Carrera Cup series-- or for a little insurance-- test the first 3 and then make decision. That would be doing something that would put a shot in the arm of the sport!! and that series!There are a lot of those cars out there-- a lot of interest from drivers.
I have the utmost respect for all the guys that put their hands in their pockets to go racing--- but the highest levels are(or should be) reserved for those with a special ability --I would love to see them get the opportunity.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2833044)   #702
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The continual problem of motorsport. If only the guys with talent had money and the guys with money had talent.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2833124)   #703
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Something Porsche could do that I think would help themselves and promote the sport on a wider basis---- make the prize for the winner of the GT3 Challenge (in 996 GT3 Cup Cars) a year in the main game Carrera Cup series-- or for a little insurance-- test the first 3 and then make decision. That would be doing something that would put a shot in the arm of the sport!
Great idea, i'd love to see it happen. At the very last give them a test or a one off drive. The exposure would be good.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 06:35 (Ref:2833146)   #704
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
B12H BMW M3

10 years old
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Feb 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2833176)   #705
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
The continual problem of motorsport. If only the guys with talent had money and the guys with money had talent.
If I had a dollar for every driver in motorsport who thought they would be the next superstar if they had a budget I might have enough money to be the next big thing in v8s
Old 18 Feb 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2833180)   #706
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Something Porsche could do that I think would help themselves and promote the sport on a wider basis---- make the prize for the winner of the GT3 Challenge (in 996 GT3 Cup Cars) a year in the main game Carrera Cup series-- or for a little insurance-- test the first 3 and then make decision. .
OUCH

Poor Roger !

he won it fair and square, he beat Kingers and everybody else, despite what anyone says, so he and he alone deserve any prizes.

"test the first 3"... what a slap in the face to poor Rog!
Old 18 Feb 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2833185)   #707
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and anyway, how come no-one (Kingers/Russell etc) got even close to a stock 997 Cupcar time in one...

would this be the best lap time a 997 cup has done?

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...0/2008.MOUN.Q3

edit... Alex D has lap record set in 06 of a 2.10.2???
Old 18 Feb 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2833298)   #708
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2 View Post
If I had a dollar for every driver in motorsport who thought they would be the next superstar if they had a budget I might have enough money to be the next big thing in v8s
Not too worried about the ones who have neither money or talent - a marriage made in heaven, that one.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 02:01 (Ref:2833577)   #709
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it sucks now that One is only HD as I can't get it thru my set top box.....

and I'm not going out to spend $600-1000 on a LCD/plasma while I don't have to......oh well I worked there and I'll watch it thru my PC....
Old 19 Feb 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2833591)   #710
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Great idea, i'd love to see it happen. At the very last give them a test or a one off drive. The exposure would be good.
i agree porsche should give them a drive in carrera cup....it would be great to see sheep stations favourite boys get their arses kicked and give them a reality check
Old 19 Feb 2011, 03:39 (Ref:2833604)   #711
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieV8 View Post
it sucks now that One is only HD as I can't get it thru my set top box.....

and I'm not going out to spend $600-1000 on a LCD/plasma while I don't have to......oh well I worked there and I'll watch it thru my PC....
$50 HD set top box from KMart/dickSmith etc should do you fine
Old 19 Feb 2011, 04:40 (Ref:2833615)   #712
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
hmmmm thanks alfacors I never thought to upgrade the set top box....might nic up and get one before it starts.....
Old 19 Feb 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2833640)   #713
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
HD set top box purchased from Dick Smiths $59.95.....
Old 20 Feb 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2834079)   #714
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Doesn't help when you have to go out and are unable to record because it's broadcast in HD. CH 10 have two HD channels (#1 & #12) showing exactly the same shows.........I've already complained to them and will do so again. Please feel free to complain also.......I'll miss the NASCAR tomorrow too.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2834086)   #715
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So get a $100 HD PVR and connect up a USB hard drive.
JB Hi Fi or that Kogan nutter
Old 20 Feb 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2834087)   #716
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Doesn't help when you have to go out and are unable to record because it's broadcast in HD. CH 10 have two HD channels (#1 & #12) showing exactly the same shows.........I've already complained to them and will do so again. Please feel free to complain also.......I'll miss the NASCAR tomorrow too.
I bought a twin channel DVR thingy... panasonic... it does elec program guide (EPG) and everything. It was about $1100 I think. You can get single channel ones for much less.

I can watch one channel on the regular telly, and record two simultaneously all at the same time, so i've actually got 3 incomings, plus I still have a VCR set up, so I can actually handle 5 incomings.

I simply clicked the button on the EPG to record the show, I happened to watch it as I recorded.

Now I'm gunna burn it to DVD, and send a few copies to various parties.

I have a simple Samsung 40" LCD with tuner. It's perfect. Way better than Plasma IMO, no reflections or glare either as the screen is matte, not shiny. I get perfect picture with no "sports" issues, like some apparently do.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 05:57 (Ref:2834090)   #717
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
despite my telly technics, I still didn't see Sheepys car do any fast laps, or kingers kicking any arse...

The show missed heaps of action IMO... didn't even mention when the Maranello car blew up and pulled out... they briefly covered the fan belt oops.

They missed the tension and intrigue as to us catching the koudouris/owen car too.... I spoke to them after, they saw we were catching at told steve to push... and on THAT lap he broke it...

Overall, a good TV package, but trying to get 12hrs into 3 is hard for sure.

had to laugh at the BMW guy whinging about Hector.... the in-car was pretty clear cut mate... pull your head in! Hector didn't even twitch the wheel, and he drove through HOW MANY blue flags... he was neither looking forwards, nor around him. He turned into the corner as if he had NO IDEA hector was there....

hmmmmm.......
Old 20 Feb 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2834093)   #718
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually the teev coverage didnt really build up a lot of intensity.. strange that the fight between the Audis and the WIP car was almost treated like the Audis were untouchable..

Interestingly the coverage on the livestream almost mimicked the onscreen work yesterday..

If I were a sponsor of a car I might be annoyed also, the VIP car was called out as such a couple of dozen times, whereas most others were called by their drivers... like the Red Alert Ferrari that was always called the Hector Lester car... or Mr Lago's class B winning Porsche almost always called after the driver (who they never seemed to interview) instead of the Falcon Property Group entrant name

The sunnies with the xray vision seemed to work well enough... although Mr Boyden was game picking up the hot brake rotor off #12...

Needs more work..
Old 20 Feb 2011, 06:12 (Ref:2834094)   #719
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So plug your settop box into the AV inputs of your VCR and record it.... I do the same with my DVD recorder as it's only got an analogue tuner in it.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2834121)   #720
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
So plug your settop box into the AV inputs of your VCR and record it.... I do the same with my DVD recorder as it's only got an analogue tuner in it.
Don't have a settop box.......digital TV accepts all the HD channels but digital DVD recorder with 160 GB hard drive won't read HD channels, only standard digital.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2834128)   #721
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
Don't have a settop box.......digital TV accepts all the HD channels but digital DVD recorder with 160 GB hard drive won't read HD channels, only standard digital.
Just seems sily to have a HD TV but not a HD recorder to me. Set Top box into the recorder would be a cheap temporary solution until it's time to replace the recorder with something that does HD.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2834136)   #722
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Just seems sily to have a HD TV but not a HD recorder to me. Set Top box into the recorder would be a cheap temporary solution until it's time to replace the recorder with something that does HD.
Aren't all digital TVs HD compatible these days? When we bought it some years ago we just wanted a digital tele because the old analogue unit packed it in, and then bought a hard drive recorder to use with the new tele........didn't know anything about HD at the time.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2834142)   #723
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I missed half the telecast, friends over for a BBQ. Did they show any of the support races?
Old 20 Feb 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2834144)   #724
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I missed half the telecast, friends over for a BBQ. Did they show any of the support races?
No, unfortunately
Old 20 Feb 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2834166)   #725
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
Aren't all digital TVs HD compatible these days? When we bought it some years ago we just wanted a digital tele because the old analogue unit packed it in, and then bought a hard drive recorder to use with the new tele........didn't know anything about HD at the time.
They are now, but previously were SD only and most of the Plasmas/LCds back then werent full HD resolution anyway. As soon as we all have our Full HD boxes, recorders and TVs, something else will come out with even more resolution and we'll all be incompatible again