Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Feb 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2834172)   #726
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Did they show any of the support races?
what, you mean the Production cars?

Yeah, a little

#RUNS..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 20 Feb 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2834289)   #727
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
They are now, but previously were SD only and most of the Plasmas/LCds back then werent full HD resolution anyway. As soon as we all have our Full HD boxes, recorders and TVs, something else will come out with even more resolution and we'll all be incompatible again
That's right, we get set up and then they change the format.

I can't see any improvement watching HD anyway.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2834382)   #728
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
OUCH

Poor Roger !

he won it fair and square, he beat Kingers and everybody else, despite what anyone says, so he and he alone deserve any prizes.

"test the first 3"... what a slap in the face to poor Rog!
Geez you can turn something upside down. The purpose of my comment was to give the flexibility to get the best person in the car-- with the greatest upside for the future.That would not necessarily be the winner of the series.
For the record-- I was not thinking about last year -- but a previous occasion where Porsche offered a Carrera Cup drive to Porsche Cup driver( not the winner of the series- but something that fitted Porsche agenda at the time) who was no where near being fast--let alone the fastest at that time-- so I was tailoring my comment to what might appeal to Porsche--- in case anyone actually read my comments!!!
Old 20 Feb 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2834387)   #729
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I missed half the telecast, friends over for a BBQ. Did they show any of the support races?
The 3 hour highlights show is being repeated 12.45-3.45am Tuesday morning .Set those recorders!There has been no mention of any highlights shows of the support categories as has been shown in the previous years of the 12 Hour although I thought I heard the HQ category manager at one stage on the PA thank Tyrepower for support which funded TV coverage.If a support category is going to get a highlights show they will be paying the organisers for this via increased entry fees.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2834389)   #730
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2 View Post
i agree porsche should give them a drive in carrera cup....it would be great to see sheep stations favourite boys get their arses kicked and give them a reality check
I hope you are intending that to be funny-- and not a serious comment. The guys mentioned here as being ready for a bigger exposure opportunity are already better than most in CC .
Old 21 Feb 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2834427)   #731
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
I hope you are intending that to be funny-- and not a serious comment. The guys mentioned here as being ready for a bigger exposure opportunity are already better than most in CC .
who do you believe they are better than....or alternatively who do you believe will beat them???
Old 21 Feb 2011, 03:05 (Ref:2834454)   #732
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
what, you mean the Production cars?

Yeah, a little

#RUNS..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh snap!

Seriously though, I missed the broadcast on Saturday night, will catch one of the repeats though, was it good?
Old 21 Feb 2011, 04:15 (Ref:2834463)   #733
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty good really I supose. Not sure about Rust and Tander, but they were of course struggling with the fact that there was no suspense as everyone knew the results. The rest of the on camera team were good and the camera work and production values were OK. Not as many cameras a Supercar of course. Quite a lot of background and in car footage that you didn't get to see on line on the day. All round quite good and even woth watching if you followed the event on line.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 05:58 (Ref:2834472)   #734
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
better ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
That's right, we get set up and then they change the format.

I can't see any improvement watching HD anyway.
Amen.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2834476)   #735
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the $59.95 on the HD set top box was worth it till I buy myself a HD/LED or plasma tv......

The telecast wasn't bad bbut since the field was soo small they could have promoted the field more....
Old 21 Feb 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2834487)   #736
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Geez you can turn something upside down. The purpose of my comment was to give the flexibility to get the best person in the car-- with the greatest upside for the future.That would not necessarily be the winner of the series.
DOUBLE OUCH!

Poor Roger, he did bloody good, and you're STILL kicking him down.

In fact, he did so good this year, winning and all, that if you read the 12 hr regs properly, you could quite easily argue that his team broke the driver seeding rules even worse than the Audis did...

As did maybe the Wall/Mawer/Crick car... maybe ALL of them arguably seeded, certainly two of them

Which makes us 2nd behind Bairdo and crew!
Old 21 Feb 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2834541)   #737
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2 View Post
i agree porsche should give them a drive in carrera cup....it would be great to see sheep stations favourite boys get their arses kicked and give them a reality check
Deano, trying to be a psuedo FFC just makes you seem clumsy.You know, like the sycophant who backs up the school loudmouth with 'yeah, what he said'

...but seeing as though you've started, if Kingsley(who I kinda guess you're referring to)gets a shot in CC this year, he would top 5 first up. If that's an ar$e kicking or reality check, life's pretty tough in your neck of the woods.

But like so many talented others...needs the start first.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2834578)   #738
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Top 5 first time out?

BIG call.....

So why was he/the car so slow?

Dave Russell and Alex D have done 2.10.?? in the exact same car..... was the car prep THAT bad to be what... 3, 4 seconds off the pace???
Old 21 Feb 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2834840)   #739
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FFC, despite your 'leanings', I thought you had a bit more sense than to rabbit on about comparable lap times with CC. But as you show your ignorance...

No V8 rubber down, running car with enduro fuel load, set up tyre friendly, not interested in qualifying the car faster if it meant hanging it on a fence. (phew, hate vomiting out excuses). Kingsley cut 2 laps, 2.15 on the second and volunteered that will do.

Maybe thats where you screwed up? Did you think it was a sprint race?
Old 21 Feb 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2834948)   #740
James69181
Rookie

James69181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B12 hr was boring unless you love the GT's !
If anyone on here thinks taking the plumb event from a catagory with 48 CAMS cars last year to give it to 25 cars which most can't afford and no one in this country can afford to compete financially with (Team Audi $1.5 mil !) obviously can't see why racing in this country is dwindling. If you had looked you would see grids are getting smaller.
Surveys say the most popular catergories are 1, V8 Supercars, 2, Muscle cars, 3 Production cars.
No wonder spectators, sponsors and team owners are slowly heading elsewhere !
Old 21 Feb 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2834963)   #741
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by James69181 View Post
Surveys say the most popular catergories are 1, V8 Supercars, 2, Muscle cars, 3 Production cars.
Yet Formula 1 still draws the biggest individual crowd at an Oz based motorsport event, a crowd who are prepared to fork out the most money for the privilege. (and AFAIK the AGP still outrates them all in TV viewers terms. )
Old 22 Feb 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2834975)   #742
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
If anyone on here thinks taking the plumb event from a catagory with 48 CAMS cars last year to give it to 25 cars which most can't afford and no one in this country can afford to compete financially with (Team Audi $1.5 mil !) obviously can't see why racing in this country is dwindling. If you had looked you would see grids are getting smaller.
Hopefully the GTs and proddies will have separate events in the future.

I think if more of the top-line drivers from the V8s are able to drive GTs at the 12hr it's popularity will have a meteoric rise, especially if Europe's top teams compete.

As far the proddies go, it would be good to see more high performance machines allowed in the invitation class.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2834987)   #743
coney
Rookie

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
coney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If anyone on here thinks taking the plumb event from a catagory with 48 CAMS cars last year to give it to 25 cars which most can't afford
!
Sounds like what happened when the Supertaxi's took over, I cant see why people are complaining of a small field when it wasnt much smaller than the 1000 these days, I loved IPRA, full fields great racing, best of the weekend, the meeting felt like it used to be years ago and all i have spoken to loved it.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 02:20 (Ref:2834995)   #744
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gee, this post is so mistaken it's hard to know where to start.

Firstly, don't believe the hype the talking heads spew on air (sorry Richard and friends). If Audi spent 1.5mil then all I can say is they are good at making money disappear. Judging by all the Audi marketing lovies wondering around the pits I imagine it all disappeared in hotel rooms and bar tabs. By the sounds of all the urban legends that have already appeared, I imagine the billable hours racked up by the spin doctors swallowed a chunk of that.

Plenty of locals could have competed given a level playing field. And it had NOTHING to do with money. When you turn up with current spec cars, with little parity penalties and three seeded drivers per car and everyone else has to run weight, rpm and even restrictors whilst being limited to one seeded driver per team, you're kinda assured of a win provided they keep running for 12 hours. The Ferraris were running in 2006 spec with weight lobbed on them for chrissakes.

As for popular categories, the only one I can reliably quote is the straw poll the Clipsal organisers run every year that places V8SC last behind GT, F3, CC and even Fujitsu. I don;t think Biante have been to Clipsal so I don;t count that as any condemnation of their popularity.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 05:06 (Ref:2835011)   #745
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
Gee, this post is so mistaken it's hard to know where to start.

That sums it up.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 05:10 (Ref:2835012)   #746
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
I
And you dont think watching cars racing (( ??? ) doing 3.00 laps is boring?
Even worse when they are slower than a western suburbs taxi! And look like like one!!
Old 22 Feb 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2835015)   #747
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Top 5 first time out?

)
You ought to know better for the amount of time you spend at the track!!
I am with SS -- his nominee and mine would prove to be quick from the start.
Since you are so sure FF--perhaps you could run down GTR list and name the top 5 you rate ?

I dont understand why some of you guys are so protective about seeing the status quo mainatained. Just so you dont think I am griding any axe(s) there are 3 drivers back in Carrera Cup who have improved immeasurably in their time away.Maybe 4-- it will be interesting to see if that new found confidence translates into better results this time around.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 05:55 (Ref:2835026)   #748
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
FFC, despite your 'leanings', I thought you had a bit more sense than to rabbit on about comparable lap times with CC. But as you show your ignorance...

No V8 rubber down, running car with enduro fuel load, set up tyre friendly, not interested in qualifying the car faster if it meant hanging it on a fence. (phew, hate vomiting out excuses). Kingsley cut 2 laps, 2.15 on the second and volunteered that will do.

bathurst is not the only place that some of your favourite boys seem a little slow in their hotrods compared to previous carrera cup times
Old 22 Feb 2011, 06:28 (Ref:2835030)   #749
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Here Here.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2835032)   #750
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post

Speaking of ignorance...

All your excuses don't wash.

We were at the same meeting... and we did a 2.12.3, which is faster than any other Ferrari has gone.. AND we were also in a fairly conservative set up mode... like you.

So, how come we went faster than ever before, and you guys were 4 seconds slower than the car CAN go???

Screwed up? yeah! Right. Anyone in the world that thinks getting a Ferrari to go 12 hours at Bathurst, with only 18 minutes lost to drama is a "screw up"... needs their head read.

The pace was hot too... if you look back at previous enduros at bathurst, the laps done in this 12 hours would have hosed many back in the 2x 24hr races or other 12 hours.

We achieved more than anyone expected, including ourselves.

And even our pay driver was faster than the Maranello pro (x2), despite being in very conservative engine/gearbox specs... so we nailed car set up too.... (the Maranello car drove past us on the straights quite easily)

But yes, you bugger, you beat us..... suck it up while you can.....

Last edited by ff s conscience; 22 Feb 2011 at 06:37.