Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:53 (Ref:498527)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 Management sims

Are there any around?

I had one on the PC about 5 years ago, it had horrible graphics, but real teams and drivers. and it had a 2D top-down view of the race!

Made by Mircoprose I think.

I heard a couple of years back that a new one was coming out, and I remember seeing a 3D model of a McLaren to show off the graphics on a PC Gamer magazine. Any info?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:41 (Ref:498571)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That old one must have been Grand Prix World or Grand Prix Manager 2, i don't remember a new one being made, i'll search it up.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 18:07 (Ref:498706)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are thinking of Grand Prix Manager 2 - great game.............
Old 6 Feb 2003, 18:08 (Ref:498708)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember playing the original Grand Prix Manager (yes, I think it was by Microprose). Pretty dire as I recall. Since I started to actually drive on my pc, I've had no desire for management sims.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 18:28 (Ref:498731)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got grand prix world, it's based of the 98 season and has photos of the track at each corner on which the cars are superimposed.

It's nowhere near as ancient as gp manager.

But by same people as gp manager.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 21:04 (Ref:498848)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still play Grand Prix World, it's much better than EA's F1 Manager, not graphically but more enjoyable with more options and such.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 11:05 (Ref:499254)   #7
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have F1 Manager by europress it is a good game by the depth but the in game graphics could have been better. It is based on the 96 season.
With Ea sports version wasn't their some problem with the game or something
Old 9 Feb 2003, 12:11 (Ref:501333)   #8
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.f1cm.co.uk -> a new one currently being being made (still in Alpha testing though)
Old 10 Feb 2003, 01:11 (Ref:501976)   #9
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The EA game had major bugs with the race car graphics, entire cars would just become a multicoloured mess rather than being covered in sponsors logos.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 09:46 (Ref:502118)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Stranger
www.f1cm.co.uk -> a new one currently being being made (still in Alpha testing though)
Oh right, i've been following them for a while now.
Looks very promising.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 13:37 (Ref:502331)   #11
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks everbody!

I think if a big name such as Microsoft would come out with a really decent effort, then it coulb be a hit.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 09:27 (Ref:504150)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to play GPM but just got plain bored with it!

At base level it was just about filling in the correct data and clicking on buttons to make the 'algorithm' work.

Funny to see who was with what teams then though.

I think MS was at Benetton on my old copy. Alesi was there as was Mansell.

Would have been better if you could have managed the team and then still had the option to drive the race rather than watch 'ants' zooming round on a 'plan'.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 14:28 (Ref:504485)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I was very disapointed with Grand Prix World. I used to have a better Public Domain F1 management game for my Amiga. What is the best F1 management game currently available?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:46 (Ref:512827)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The management sims are great...for 10mins. Then the mouse-clicking begins to hurt.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:53 (Ref:512833)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

The best or the latest?
The latest is F1 Manager from EA.
The best still is Grand Prix World IMO. (But it's getting quite boring actually)

Better would be what Huge Arse said, a management game with the option of driving the damn things as well.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 07:54 (Ref:513168)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why manage when you can drive - I lost interest in "management" games a long time ago, whether they be motor racing, football or whatever.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 17:40 (Ref:513559)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Huge Arse

Careful
Old 21 Feb 2003, 17:58 (Ref:513572)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only management game I play is Championship Manager, roll on the 28th of March when Championship Manager 4 is out.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 11:55 (Ref:514689)   #19
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Too true rdjones, I have CM 01/02, and have played it to death! (I'm in 2013 with Stevenage Borough in the Premiership...)

So, should I get the EA one?
Old 23 Feb 2003, 12:10 (Ref:514705)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

I have LMA Manager 2003 on the PS2 and i'm in my 2nd year with Barnsley in Division 1 (coming from Division 2)

Great game!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 23 Feb 2003 at 12:10.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:18 (Ref:515949)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I remember the first time I evern played CM (one of the original versions). I took my local team Bashley (then in the Southern League (Beazer Homes or something) to the European Cup. We also won the Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup in the same season. I think we conceded about 6 goals all season.