Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Jul 2002, 04:25 (Ref:342143)   #1
darren
Rookie

darren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
co driver for craig lowndes.

I think craig could have a better co driver than neil crompton.00 motorsport should get a driver from over seas like cloin mcray and put neil with rodney fobes because they are all ways at the back off the grid so come on 00 motorsport get your #### together and give craig a good co driver :
Old 25 Jul 2002, 04:30 (Ref:342145)   #2
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's got a good co driver. Crompton's more than capable, and would do a better job than anoyone you could get from OS.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 05:24 (Ref:342155)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crompton would do a much better job than Colin McRae, whose last (and only) Touring Car drive ended in an accident, funnily enough involving Matt Neal.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 05:28 (Ref:342156)   #4
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Crompton has more than proved himself over the years to be a very capable co-driver at Bathurst.

If OO Motorsport spent less time rebuilding Forbes' car then I'm sure that both Craig and Neil would be going a lot better
Old 25 Jul 2002, 06:05 (Ref:342163)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it last year or the year before, Lowndes and Crompton both shared the fastest race laps at Bathurst.

The only problem with Crompton is his unbelievable bad luck.

I think he'll be the first driver to have a piano fall on him coming down Conrod he's that jinxed.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 06:26 (Ref:342168)   #6
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name the Overseas drivers that have proven to be an asset to any team!!!!!!!!!
2000 was the year that NC and CL shared fastest laps also the year that UK"superstar" matt neal crashed into the # 5 FTR car whilst being lapped for the 2nd or 3rd time and almost took out HRT at the same time.Only to return and write off Morrises brand new car in opening practice.
Plato, Muller,etc all have come and all have FAILED except when driving ther own little 2 litre buzz boxes.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 25 Jul 2002, 06:59 (Ref:342182)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude, don't get me started on Matt Neal. I'm president of the Matt Neal Hate Club around here.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:10 (Ref:342192)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not all OS drivers are that bad in a V8, Wilson is doing alright, Menu did a pretty good job with Larko in 2000, plus John Cleland of course.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:09 (Ref:342219)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But of course, John Cleland has driven at Bathurst what, eight times? I think Neil Crompton is up to the standard needed, that's for sure, he is not bad enough that he is going to give the team a handicap. He is not blindingly quick, but he has a lot of Bathurst mileage, and that is what counts.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:54 (Ref:342266)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Dude, don't get me started on Matt Neal. I'm president of the Matt Neal Hate Club around here.
Where do you meet?What a ****** he was.Some may go OK but 00 has a reputation for reliable if not fast cars at bathurst (remeber the Wynn's win after qualifying out of the ten all year)and NC has had some good drives particually with Seto (unlapping the car after a P/S problem in 98)and will be up to the task of a co-driver but i must admitt I questioned the desion to have him start the QLD500 last year.He's your man at lap 34 when the order gets a bit more sorted.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 10:14 (Ref:342293)   #11
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crompton Is one of the Best Drivers a bloke could want as a co driver and Ive been told that by many a driver over the years. He isnt just a technically knowledgable commentator he carries that into his driving and visa versa. My ONLY CONCERN is the qualifying on the friday of VIP petfoods 500, been Friday the 13th May I suggest that Cromley and his notorious bad luck sit it out and let Craig drive for the day
Old 25 Jul 2002, 12:20 (Ref:342367)   #12
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
that UK"superstar" matt neal crashed into the # 5 FTR car whilst being lapped for the 2nd or 3rd time
He was battling to stay on the lead lap, and I think he had the right to defend to an extent - if there was a yellow, he would be right back onto the pack...and with Glenn Seton and Neil Crompton in the same car, theyre bound to have some bad luck

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 26 Jul 2002, 00:22 (Ref:343007)   #13
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
I think he'll be the first driver to have a piano fall on him coming down Conrod he's that jinxed.

Crompton is a very good driver. He stomped all over Seaton the few years they raced together at Bathurst.
Old 26 Jul 2002, 00:34 (Ref:343015)   #14
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by gtr69

He was battling to stay on the lead lap, and I think he had the right to defend to an extent - if there was a yellow, he would be right back onto the pack...and with Glenn Seton and Neil Crompton in the same car, theyre bound to have some bad luck
Lets just get one fact straight he had already gone a lap down and held up 4-5 cars for two laps to the extent that HRT had warned Skaife to watch out for the lapped car ahead.He was then passed downthe front straight to be to laps down and at the last minute had a lung up the inside to pass NC and was so late that he punted him off.The fact that his stupid actions almost cost MS the champiopnship are also a concern.Blue flags mean not have a go under brakes.
The fact that Big Kev racing didn't tell him only makes the matter worse,but what would you expect from a team that entered a second car with no intention of competeing just to get the new tyres to test on?????????:
Old 26 Jul 2002, 00:54 (Ref:343029)   #15
Flaggie
Racer

There's no sense in being passed by obviously faster cars on a straight and then having a lash at em under brakes for a corner that leads onto a long straight. It was brain fade at best. The two quicker cars would have nailed him again by the time he got to Griffins anyway if he'd pulled the move off.

As for Blue flags, all they mean is a faster car is approaching/passing. There wouldn't have been a blue for Neal diving up the inside. There WOULD (well should have been) have been a blue from Flag Point 1 on the outside of the corner for Cromley and Skaifey going past on sheer car speed...

But the guy can obviously drive, cause he's winning races in the UK. I'll cut him some slack on one piece of bad judgement.

Last edited by Flaggie; 26 Jul 2002 at 00:56.
Old 26 Jul 2002, 09:06 (Ref:343208)   #16
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't, the dude is a worry.
he should stay over there racing Vovos etc
Old 28 Jul 2002, 01:15 (Ref:344265)   #17
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember Crompton racing the GIO Commodore at Sandown endro a while ago (92?. He drove well, that race changed my opinion on him as a driver, before that I used to think god a TV reporter trying to become a race driver.

Crompton is a good driver who adds value to any team who has him.

Also he speaks so that the average spectator can understand what motorsport is about, in other words he does not talk ****.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 01:30 (Ref:344269)   #18
Alan Jones
Veteran

I agree mick, he does have a great presentation style and IMO also doesn't make his statements too simple, like explaining what a tyre is, as I did hear on CART a few years ago. ( " The black things at each corner of the car") i was truly amazed anyone watching MS would not know that one!I for one have always enjoyed drivers who get behind the mic, regardless of the brandname they drive for. I'd much rather hear it from the horses mouth , so to speak.....
Old 1 Aug 2002, 09:06 (Ref:347725)   #19
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with you AJ. Drivers often seem to make better commentators than media people. Also, Cromley does an excellent job of finding the right balance; explaining interesting stuff to the public, that they wouldn't be aware of, without dumbing ii down like he's talking to retards or children.
Old 1 Aug 2002, 10:19 (Ref:347752)   #20
Tomgreen
Rookie

Tomgreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crompton is ****e at driving but a good commentator. There are many drivers from overseas that would do better....Rickard Rydell, Joachiam Wincklehock, Manuel Reuter, Fabrizo Giavonardi, Nicola Larini, Tommy Rustad.........the list is endless. You aussies would not know what hit you if more overseas drivers were given a chance in V8's. Look how much Skaifey has whinged about Wilson this year at PI. 90% of aussie drivers in V8's are average. No more, no less.
Old 1 Aug 2002, 10:36 (Ref:347755)   #21
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Skaifey was whinging about Wilson because the idiot got in the way and took out Ambrose and Lowndes for no good reason.
Old 2 Aug 2002, 01:32 (Ref:348281)   #22
Flaggie
Racer

Actually.... Ambrose took Wilson out first. And he WASN'T in the way, he was actually leading the race on the road. OK, he hadn't pitted, but he was leading the race.

You CAN blame Wilson for taking out Lowndes, but such is life, he did what came naturally to him coming from Indy Cars. Kept the boot in and kept the revs up....
Old 2 Aug 2002, 01:43 (Ref:348284)   #23
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So whats happening with Lowndes "Team Mate" Forbes- whose driving with him in Enduro's. Ive been told it may be neal or Rick Bates but has they're been any confirmation.

Personally I reckon they should have hired Max wilson for Project Falcon Destroy
Old 2 Aug 2002, 01:50 (Ref:348288)   #24
Alan Jones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomgreen
Crompton is ****e at driving but a good commentator. 90% of aussie drivers in V8's are average. No more, no less.
Whatdo you base these statistics on Tom or is this just your own opinion?
Old 2 Aug 2002, 02:05 (Ref:348297)   #25
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Tool Man
So whats happening with Lowndes "Team Mate" Forbes- whose driving with him in Enduro's. Ive been told it may be neal or Rick Bates but has they're been any confirmation.

Personally I reckon they should have hired Max wilson for Project Falcon Destroy
Personally I think the safest thing would be to put Romano in the car with him that way they won't have any chance of taking each other out of the race. Plus it will mean only one not two cars will be written off during the race