Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Apr 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3394149)   #126
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair it wasn't free it was FREE!

By that token, If they'd charged $47 billion per minute before it would be OK now.

Is it worth getting if you're going to Silverstone?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3394173)   #127
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You Continentals get better access to US races (Long Beach!) than we do. Fair is fair; I want to see yours for free…

http://sportscarstreams.com[/QUOTE]

6 antimalware vendors say ViddyHD is a virus. It tried to download on me w/o a click. [I always run task manager.]
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3394234)   #128
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
The fact it was previously free should not be a factor.
I think the amount of vitriol in the thread shows that is is a factor. How can it not be? Difficult to just erase your memory and start again on face value when you're used to getting a service for free.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:17 (Ref:3394236)   #129
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Assuming RLM will remain as the commentary track, he is going to bash this as much as he criticizes Nissan.

I assume the answer would have been very different had they not been employed by the series
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3394245)   #130
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hows the saying go... oh yeah; "Everyone has a price."
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3394246)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think the amount of vitriol in the thread shows that is is a factor. How can it not be? Difficult to just erase your memory and start again on face value when you're used to getting a service for free.
But all good things have a tendency to come to an end......

Just saying. I think I'll make that my last word on the subject!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3394250)   #132
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess everyone is jumping on the pay for anythign bandwagon.

Personally I wouldnt have thought there was anywhere near enough interest from fans in paying for WEC.

They find it hard enough to get fans to come to races other than Le Mans, so making fans pay for viewing seems rather extreme for such a low turnout sport at most rounds.

But it is the modern way, and will stop if no-one watches it. They are doing it because they presume there will be a surge of interest because of Porsche I guess, and I suppose that make spike interest for a bit. But theya re hardly likely to get thousands of people paying are they?

So, don't pay and it will stop, simple enough.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3394258)   #133
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I guess everyone is jumping on the pay for anythign bandwagon.

Personally I wouldnt have thought there was anywhere near enough interest from fans in paying for WEC.

They find it hard enough to get fans to come to races other than Le Mans, so making fans pay for viewing seems rather extreme for such a low turnout sport at most rounds.

But it is the modern way, and will stop if no-one watches it. They are doing it because they presume there will be a surge of interest because of Porsche I guess, and I suppose that make spike interest for a bit. But theya re hardly likely to get thousands of people paying are they?

So, don't pay and it will stop, simple enough.
I think that sums it up. If you don't pay for something it will stop.

Something has to pay for the WEC, and as a low turnout sport, it's unlikely to be advertising.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3394263)   #134
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I downloaded the WEC app and I can see that I have to pay almost 20€ for live timing and stream but I can't find anything on the WEC website about this. Is the live streaming still free to watch? If I pay 20€ will I be able to watch the races on my pc? I use smartphone and tablet only for live timing.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3394266)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I need the same answers as well, as soon as anyone has any info.......
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3394269)   #136
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

I assume the answer would have been very different had they not been employed by the series
Well, he is, so he's not going to be dumb enough to leak embargoed information. Honestly, what do you expect?

My reading of the situation is that only the app will cost money and web streaming will remain free.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3394278)   #137
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Well, he is, so he's not going to be dumb enough to leak embargoed information. Honestly, what do you expect?
I wouldn't expect anyone wise to leak actual information... it's just that usually he is very quick to come and loudly complain about similar things in other series, so it naturally feels hypocritical to take no stand (as in having no opinion, even speculative) when similar situation rises in series he's personally involved with. Yes we have no full information as of yet, but it's not like rumours have been bypassed before anyway...

The Nissan bit from deggis is painfully true, I have not heard a single word of non-praising-adjectives towards that brand since their RSL sponsorship took over, but other makes have got their share of differiating opinions... kinda same with things like D24

Anyway, obviously only a fool would mock the one paying the bills, but it does nfluence your imago one way or another whether you like it or not
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3394281)   #138
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
App looks quite smart on Android, certainly better than some efforts I've seen.

Will wait to see what my cash gets me before I think about subbing though.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3394292)   #139
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even if the RLM team don't publically criticise the WEC if it transpires that there is no free stream, then how do you know they've not argued with the FIA and the ACO over it? I'm sure they'd be a few letters and emails sent about it.

Think it's extremely harsh to call them hypocrites. What would you do in their position? These guys do a lot for our sport...I don't see the need to catch them out all the time.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:46 (Ref:3394296)   #140
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite hard for them to say anything against the very stream that will pay their bills. There are plenty of things I would say about the company I work for but I would be fired.

In the end food comes first I suppose.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3394327)   #141
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post

My reading of the situation is that only the app will cost money and web streaming will remain free.
that's my thought as well.
I don't understand why they want us to pay for their app. I mean I can pay for this because it's my passion, it's my life, but the average fans won't be happy about this. I don't expect more fans coming in with this way of managing things
Old 18 Apr 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3394330)   #142
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any link to FREE live timing ?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3394332)   #143
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
It's not a "super secret page" and the Pms sent and received had nothing to do with said stream. No one posted links because as of yet it isn't really relevant. I even said that I'd post a link if he went ahead with his plans.
This Deggis. Sorry if it looked like we were trying to hide stuff!

About RLM, Hindy and Eve might not be publicly commenting right now (nor do I expect them to, which is fair enough given their position) , but look at the threads on the MWM Facebook. Declan (Brennan) is none to happy and he's not afraid to put it out there
Old 18 Apr 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3394335)   #144
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I don't expect more fans coming in with this way of managing things
Maybe the ACO don't expect more fans as well, therefore they're out to get as much as they can reasonably expect from the hardcore support knowing they are a captive audience.

Also to address "€20 for a season of 6 hour races" which sounds like good value on the surface, factor in missing 2/3 races because of their timezones, a few hours out of a couple of races for bandwidth problems (yours or "theirs", the end result is the same) and some time off for other commitments and all of a sudden €20 for less than 20 hours of racing is rather less appealing.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3394339)   #145
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohw FFS, I want to pay but don't have a creditcard so no live stream for me. Nice way to keep people out ACO...
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3394340)   #146
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Ohw FFS, I want to pay but don't have a creditcard so no live stream for me. Nice way to keep people out ACO...
Paypal linked to bank account?

I don't know if this has been explicitly said, but I just tried to access the live timing and it's all blocked with what looks like a email and password system. Want to sign up? Here's how to pay! On a PC.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3394342)   #147
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, my question is answered, and the answer is negative. there is no free live stream for PCs.

I hope FIA gets what they want out of this---they aren't getting it out of me.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3394343)   #148
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Even timing is not for free
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3394344)   #149
Ziemas
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Ziemas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very petty of me, but I hope viewership drops like rock as a result of this.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3394345)   #150
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://members.fiawec.com/liveSignUp