Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 Feb 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1520577)   #1
jonnyboy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Warwickshire
jonnyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic Touring - Pre-93's

Hi,

I'm new to this web stuff so apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section or something..

Anyway, I've just signed up with the Classic Touring Car Club's Pre-93 series and received my membership cards in the post this morning. That's as organized as I've ever been!

I have to say I found they couldn't do enough for me from phone call onwards, and seem to have the right idea with their approach to life and the universe thus far.

Does anyone else have any experience racing with them? Any news on other cars which have entered and so forth? I understand there are a lot of them, but other than that..

Thankyou for listening!

John
Old 12 Feb 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1520721)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have to say I found they couldn't do enough for me from phone call onwards, and seem to have the right idea with their approach to life and the universe thus far.
Welcome to our friendly forum jonnyboy. The comittee will no doubt be sending their cheque as I write.

I've been a member of the Club since 1994 and whilst I don't always race with them they're not a bad bunch really.

Not sure what cars are entered into the Pre 93's but as with all the Championships/series any car can enter if it qualifies for the earlier championship so no doubt you'll see some Classic Group 1 cars out with you.

You might want to look at this http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78283 where the coming season is being discussed.

What car have you entered?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1520726)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Johnyboy and welcome.

I too only joined them to the later part of last year after an 8 year layoff and really only made the last two races at Pembrey (had trouble at the previous Snett round) in my pre-73 car but I found them all a very good bunch of guys and thoughly enjoyed both my races with plenty of place swapping down the line with sensible drivers all quite exciting really after a long layoff.

They also organised a beautiful and free proper barbeque all done from a professionally staffed modern clean unit, this unfortunately went a bit pear shaped curtesy of the stubbornness of the Pembrey managment who who for some inexplicable reason would not allow the unit on the track (????) so spoilt it a little but nethertheless the guys made the most of it and pitched up further down the road. There was also a Hog Roast and beer at the previous round I believe so as far as I could see the social side looks really great from what I have seen thus far and I am looking forward to the new season where I may also have a dabble in Classic Thunder in my second car. Good club, see you out there!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1520930)   #4
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome jonnyboy. Raced with CTCRC in class F of Classic Thunder for previous 3 seasons. Friendly bunch and a good number of social events at trackside.

What are you running in 93?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1521029)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't you fit into Pre 93?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1521086)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Who me or Carrerra? If me it would mean I would have to bolt 150kgs of lead to comply and I don't want to do that but yes it could run in that class.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1521098)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Carrera.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1521201)   #8
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car complies as far as we know. Still undecided on what to do this year. Not even got a licence yet.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1521221)   #9
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just re-read the regs and it seems headwork isn't allowed, so it looks like i'll be playing in CT or T&R for '07, unless the pre-93 regs change - that's unless i've misunderstood (again).
Old 12 Feb 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1521300)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
It does say you can remove metal (5.7.14) so I would have thought headwork and porting were OK, thats how I would interpretate it anyhow.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1521348)   #11
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
It does say you can remove metal (5.7.14) so I would have thought headwork and porting were OK, thats how I would interpretate it anyhow.
Headwork and porting are just fine, as they are with all our championships.

Teej, why don't you get on the phone to us for a chat - it would save these misunderstandings..

Cheers

Stacy
Old 12 Feb 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1521364)   #12
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy
Anyway, I've just signed up with the Classic Touring Car Club's Pre-93 series
Hi,

Welcome to the club, and tentenths of course.

Glad you're happy thus far, we're a merry throng and I'm sure you'll fit in fine. The clubs been around for over 30 years now, so there's a strong sense of identity about the place, hence the social aspect.

I joined the club when I started racing in 1998, and while I do play elsewhere occasionally, the CTCRC is 'home'. I'm currently doing a stint for the club as comp-sec, and there are a number of other volunteers on and off committee doing something similar. It's all not for profit, and aiming to protect the long term future of our hobby.

We are at Stoneleigh for the show, why don't you come along?

As for cars in Pre-93 we have a range of BMW's, Ventos, Tomcats and others registered thus far, as well as Group 1 cars doing their second race, and the Prod BMW's doing their second race. Registrations are into the 70's at the moment, which is an indication of it's success thus far - we have put in a request for 3 digit numbers from the MSA to accomodate the numbers in future.

All the best,

Stacy
Old 12 Feb 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1521374)   #13
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll come and have a chat at one of the meetings early in the season, Stacy - the hospitality truck is hard to miss! If I don't catch you, or another committee member, at Silverstone i'll give you a call.
It's my first time reading through regs and i'm not used to all the tech jargon yet, and i'm afraid i listened to someone else's interpretation of the rules - we read 5.7.3 without noticing 5.7.14 - apologies. I've been concentrating on the ARDs and the tech regs for a few other series, and as the original idea was for the car to run in CT I was okay with it not being legal for pre-93, so wasn't looking for loopholes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what come sout in pre-93, and hopefully i'll join in later in the year.

Tim
Old 17 Feb 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1525271)   #14
jonnyboy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Warwickshire
jonnyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the welcome guys,

I have a VW Golf 2.0 and I'm looking forward to getting out again. Silverstone looks a little optimistic with business commitments, but I'll try!

I've had a few calls with the club guys thus far, they've certainly got the right attitude if you ask me so roll on 06.

I will be going to Stoneleigh on the Friday, so I might bump into anyone milling around the CTCRC stand when I drop by.

All the best,

John
Old 17 Feb 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1525336)   #15
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He he, you're going to meet the black shadow, when you see it coming you'll know what I mean!! Sorry Brian if you read this