Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2001, 13:45 (Ref:91753)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monty vs TGF: who's to blame??

The move into turn 2 changed the race. From my perspective... got to be JPM's fault I'm afraid. Just broke too late and took out TGF completely. But still, proves again JPM has HUGE balls!!

TGF: "I was a little bit upset, there was no WAY he could have made the corner. Be sure I'll have a word with him"
Old 13 May 2001, 13:50 (Ref:91762)   #2
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just a reminder that Balls and Brains are two different things.

Also I'd say the title should have been Monty and Traction Control vs Schumacher.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:51 (Ref:91763)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montoya overcooked it and he was aggressive but for Schumacher to imply that JPM deliberately tried to take him out is ludicrous. Not everyone plays the game the way YOU do, Michael.

JPM's fault, but not intentional.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:54 (Ref:91769)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with EERO, Montoya broke way too late, he wasn't going to let TGF past. Not intentional though.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:55 (Ref:91771)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF is going back to the old "but I am Senna" defence - yes, it's brillian driving when force people to go off the track by a move that is perhaps ill-advised ... but when other people do the same thing it's dangerous driving and he should be severely punished.

Give me a break.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:56 (Ref:91772)   #6
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was Monty's fault. He's braking as late as possible to drfend his position without thinking that it could harm other drivers.

Certainly he's to blame, but MS harsh strong words aren't too proper either.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:57 (Ref:91775)   #7
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Shummy fan & have always supported him in some of his "questionable" manouvers in the past - but drivers have over the years lost the ability to overtake - true, the cars / tracks / bad air from the car in front have all made it more difficult to overtake but I believe the drivers in F1 are brainwashed into thinking the cant overtake so they drive around each other for 70 laps and take no chances !!

IT WAS A RACING ACCIDENT - stop complaing Shummy - your team have given you 6 points today !!
Old 13 May 2001, 14:00 (Ref:91780)   #8
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a game though

Montoya has to show to TGF that he will not be intimidated though and by doing this move intentionally or not (most likeley not ) schumacer has now seen twice this year that montoya is not in awe of him as some one like baby button is this is very similar to the situation with Schumacher And Senna in Brazil in 92, South Africa 93, Montreal 93, and Hokenheim testing in 92. this is an good development for the sport and very good for the american market to have 2 drivers that are aggressive with each other rather than be the marketing dream that is mclaren where the drivers say what is expected all the time which is boring, we need a similar situation to Senna & Prost between 84 and 93 it is good for the sport.
Old 13 May 2001, 14:02 (Ref:91785)   #9
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Piquet
IT WAS A RACING ACCIDENT
A very similar thing occurred early in JPM's first CART race. In that case he brushed wheels when passing Michael Andretti who made remarks similar to TGF's after the race. JPM of course went on to win the championship.
Old 13 May 2001, 14:05 (Ref:91789)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also Mikey came down to "speak to" JPM as TGF is claiming he is going to do - and Montoya laughed in his face as I hope he will do to TGF. He was forced to "apologize" but everyone knows he did not mean it, and he went on to blow the doors off Mikey thereafter.

Let us hope he does the same to the political animal from Ferrari and forces him to keep on showing his true colours. (Yellow.)
Old 13 May 2001, 14:06 (Ref:91790)   #11
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice !!
Old 13 May 2001, 14:33 (Ref:91811)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It was JPM's fault, but there's no way he was deliberately trying to take TGF out. If it was the other way round, it wouldn't be surprising for TGF to try and take JPM out, but that's TGF...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 May 2001, 14:34 (Ref:91812)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Piquet - pure racing incident. I've seen the situation in replay many times. Montoya did brake a little too late (he locked the brakes), but he would have made the corner, only he slid sideways afterwards, that's what caused the problem with TGF (Ralf also did this - must have had a problem with the tyres).

The problem for TGF is that he's now up against a driver who doesn't say "oh gee, here comes the mighty God of Formula One Michael Schumacher, I've got to let him by, can't cause any problems for him". More of this sort of close racing please, F1 is now more exciting than for years.
Old 13 May 2001, 14:35 (Ref:91813)   #14
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a "no brainer"..... Montoya wanted to prove that he is the bad a** in f1 now.... all he proved though is that on this day he was simply a dumb a**.
Old 13 May 2001, 14:54 (Ref:91826)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go on JPM !

That's the way big guys do it !

NEVER let it easy !
Old 13 May 2001, 14:59 (Ref:91829)   #16
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If JPM should've yielded there, surely TGF should've yielded for Hill at Adelaide, '94...

D'OH! I'm sorry, I've opened up a can of worms here haven't I?
Old 13 May 2001, 15:07 (Ref:91833)   #17
Blackjack21
Rookie

Blackjack21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The stupid move was Schu-mi trying to pass JPM on the outside. He had to know JPM was a fighter and passing on the outside is a bad move unless you have a lot of speed. Good one JPM!
Old 13 May 2001, 15:15 (Ref:91842)   #18
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS dishes it out but he doesn´t like it when he gets it back.Montoya was defending his position to the last because that´s his racing nature.
Last year( forgive me I can´t remember which G.P. it was) the two Shumachers got into a similar kind of scuffle because M.S was defending his position in a way that made little strategic sense ...Barichello slipped by and later M.S explained the incident as ´racing ´as he tends to when he´s defending his own aggresive moves.
He´s throwing his toys around again

Last edited by Sonatrap; 13 May 2001 at 15:18.
Old 13 May 2001, 15:22 (Ref:91846)   #19
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya reminds me a lot of Villeneuve. A lot of speed but no brains. He had obviously lost the corner, and as brundle suggested, it was clearly stupid to continue with the move. I dont think Michael will need to talk to JPM as I have a feeling Patrick will do the job for him.
Old 13 May 2001, 15:29 (Ref:91850)   #20
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neutral
Montoya reminds me a lot of Villeneuve.
Me too! Real racers, both of them. Balls out, take no prisoners! That's why they're my two favourite drivers!
Old 13 May 2001, 15:32 (Ref:91851)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you sore the footage of the Williams camp as the incident happened they seemed quite pleased with the situation . I don't think Mr Head will do anything short of congratulate JPM for showing he is a true racer. More of the same please Pablo, Monaco will be interesting!!
Old 13 May 2001, 16:02 (Ref:91870)   #22