Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Oct 2007, 14:32 (Ref:2029922)   #601
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Everything is loaded up, well nearly everything as we couldn't fit the pillar drill in the motorhome.
Setting off late Thursday morning around 7.45am
Old 3 Oct 2007, 15:37 (Ref:2029952)   #602
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished loading ,all set and ready.Esper ,have you never thought about leaving everything till the last minuit!

Gordon,30mph? was,nt aware you knew that end of a speedo!

Booked on the 11am Ferry,thought I,d have a lay-in.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2030050)   #603
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
van packed, living end and racing end, even the fold up push bike for emergency provision runs, packed a pre66 toy case for Arthur, trailers loaded, just got a scrub us lot up and get up in time to get on the underwater train.

see you all there !
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:37 (Ref:2030052)   #604
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
is there a wireless network at Spa ? going to take my lap top to download snaps as we go . . . .
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:51 (Ref:2030062)   #605
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
As everyone is so excited can you all make sure you have a wee before you leave as we don't want any accidents on the way do we.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2030103)   #606
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
is there a wireless network at Spa ? going to take my lap top to download snaps as we go . . . .
Yes at but at some place only.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:38 (Ref:2030171)   #607
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
As everyone is so excited can you all make sure you have a wee before you leave as we don't want any accidents on the way do we.

I go at 6-30 every morning,even if I,m not up.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2030189)   #608
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eeeewww!
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2030202)   #609
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Eddy, I sent Eric out for the shopping today but he only came back with beer and cheese (why he would want to buy beer and cheese in the UK when we are going to France and Belgium is anyone's guess) so it looks like you will be at Lydden on Saturday as there are no doughnuts.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 08:24 (Ref:2030571)   #610
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh well, less donuts then. Not sure yet about Lydden for the Saturday (business at Spa may intervene).
Will haunt you lot all tomorrow and Sunday, that is certain.

Now where is my 1 can of beer and 25 straws?

Btw, if anybody needs something urgently, you can always ask me tomorrow.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2031299)   #611
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Signed on for all threeraces, Capri is scrutineered. All I need is my co drivers. Hey ho Cuvee du Francorchamps calls to me.
whcih box are you mgb/capri warriors . i heard we have 33, be ther tommorrow.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 01:40 (Ref:2031507)   #612
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
27 for the B, 5 (F1) for the Capri.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2032169)   #613
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Results are HERE for people willing to follow this up.

Sorry I had to leave early gents, see you all Sunday and have lots of fun tomorrow.
on it's way for Sunday.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 02:32 (Ref:2032511)   #614
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the update. Need more !
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2033165)   #615
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry/Peter what happened?? Not only did Mr.Bean beat you he was quickers too!! There really best be a good reason for 14 seconds off the pace!!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 04:53 (Ref:2033450)   #616
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Full report to come later but sadly we had a few problems.

Roger Wills couldn't start his Chevy so replaced it with his Cortina and finished.

Esper got to spray Champers all over everyone (caught in video by Gordon). Of the others I haven't got much info.

However it was great fun even with the early bath!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2033846)   #617
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brendan Roberts came third in the saloon car race within the 6 Hour race finishing and 27th overall and had the full podium treatment but I wont steal his thunder!
It was great to see Roger Wills' Lotus Cortina finish the 6 Hour albeit sadly a bit down the field. When I co owned it last year we prepared it specially for this race and we were unlucky on the day so it somehow has justified the expense to see it finish this year! A great testament to Phil Cornish who built and still maintains the engine (and did so much of the work which must still be in the car) as I see it has done a further two races this morning.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 15:31 (Ref:2034044)   #618
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Results are HERE for people willing to follow this up.

Sorry I had to leave early gents, see you all Sunday and have lots of fun tomorrow.
on it's way for Sunday.
thanks for this link - great to see that they update the 6 hour real time so those of us who were not there could be there virtually!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2034078)   #619
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Not a bad day today, shame I had to miss yesterday because of commitments in the UK. Some good and decent racing going on.
Two races (F. Junior and Brit Sports Car) were red flagged, one after 3 laps and the other after 20 minutes or so.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2034203)   #620
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddy V, thanks again for your posting ref results.
I felt as if I was there.
Here is a bit that may be of interest. This is for cars that finished there race & does not include the Pre War race.
Fastest Lap. HUNI.L/PEARSON.D JAG D TYPE. 1.51.180
How on earth did this car do a better time than the F.1 cars.
Slowest Lap. VEREY.M MG1100 4.01.088
But they finished. Congrat,s.
Whats the deal with the STEELE/WILLIAMS Galaxie being excluded from the
Tin Tops race results. Does this mean the rules were enforced.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2034244)   #621
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
No problem for the link.

The "fastest" lap? Maybe they took a short cut somewhere.
No idea why the cars have been excluded.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2034263)   #622
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Well we got lots of small problems with our orange Healey (20 mins in the pit) but we finished!!!! It was lots of fun to have some of the 10 10ers in our watering hole. Peter Mallet an Terry Bower . Joe Zef. with his spannermans. Roger Wills with his complete crew (fast Cortina had to do it all!!). Gordon Streeter loved the beer and was very very lucky the BSS race was not the earliest sunday race.......
The weekend was tremendous, lovely weather , great racing, beautifull cars. and I am extremely proud to own the most photographed item of the weekend. my BSA B34 trials sidecar outfit.........It was handy for taking tyres and going to briefings (allthough unluckily rather expensive)
I'll post clips on youtube soon.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2034266)   #623
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
I forget to mention to be proud of the dutch overall winners of the six hours. Allthough red with white cross lined (Rene Herzog) Hans Hugenholz and David Hart did a fast and tremendous job after 3 years DNF.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 09:37 (Ref:2034780)   #624
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Nothing seems to have drifted down to MST as yet - do you know where I might find the timing pdf's for the races?

Cheers

Stacy
Old 8 Oct 2007, 09:40 (Ref:2034783)   #625
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
Hi,

Nothing seems to have drifted down to MST as yet - do you know where I might find the timing pdf's for the races?

Cheers

Stacy
Here you go Stacy, from the 10/10th Drivers at Spa thread:-

http://www.ris-timing.be/circuit/6hspa/2007/index.htm