Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 25 Feb 2007, 12:15 (Ref:1850977)   #26
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1GP.com
A1GP races will be broadcast live, worldwide with the following exceptions: Viewers living in the United Kingdom, Holland, Ireland, Italy and Mexico cannot watch the races. Viewers in China, India, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Bangladesh and Hong Kong can watch the races 48 hours after their completion.
Hopefully the rest of us can watch it live online in another 45 minutes or so.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1851028)   #27
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know about anyone else, but have audio and live timing only here, no video.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 13:52 (Ref:1851037)   #28
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Speed Channel...rebroadcasting some 1/2 hour muscle car fillers instead of letting us watch this live...and then tape-delaying it on a Wednesday afternoon at 2. Conspiracy theorists unite! Can you say Combines Investigations Act?

How annoying is that.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:10 (Ref:1851043)   #29
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I managed to convince the SU bar manager to put it on... Sadly, 9 laps from home the football started, so I'm on the live audio (that appears to available to all - nice one A1)
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1851051)   #30
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was fun. Though Germany get all the breaks.

Great work from Robbie today - I expected him to run off or lose it at some point. Some sloppy driving here and there elsewhere in the field, but they put themselves out early.

Also, excellent stuff from Parente on his season debut. Unlucky Bleeky - brilliant start, just some blind pit crew member nearly caused a big accident there - expect some follow up.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1851059)   #31
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Kerr did a great job hanging-on. NZ was easily a second a lap faster early on, I thought for sure Robbie was done. Good for him. Is he in the car again next month?

And young Hülkenberg; is he the real deal or is it all about the car? "All hat, no cattle" as they say around here. He's so far ahead of the pack it's...uh oh...TGF-like.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1851098)   #32
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the NZ car is also run by the same team and they are doing well too, but Hülkenberg has been so far ahead of everyone (including NZ) that it must be more than the car.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1851109)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Also, excellent stuff from Parente on his season debut. Unlucky Bleeky - brilliant start, just some blind pit crew member nearly caused a big accident there - expect some follow up.
Agree with both of those points. Bleekemolen has been one of the stars of the series in a quiet sort of way. I still can't work out how he recovered from the drive through penalty. Did anyone see him actually take it? Maybe the safety car interventions helped.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1851133)   #34
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes a brilliant drive from robbie kerr on what is always a tricky circuit claiming so many cars. what went on in the pits though with australia and the netherlands a piece of stupidity i think also team gbr had similiar sort of thing with ireland ?????. great drive from portugal too.. looking forward to brands in april
Old 25 Feb 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1851168)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Agree with both of those points. Bleekemolen has been one of the stars of the series in a quiet sort of way. I still can't work out how he recovered from the drive through penalty. Did anyone see him actually take it? Maybe the safety car interventions helped.
He was taking his drive through when Portugal, Mexico and China pitted. He came out right behind Portugal.

He was very well helped by the short pitlane coupled with that massive gap he and Nico shared on the field when Duval slowed the pack up at the restart with his throttle failure.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1851176)   #36
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, that explains it perfectly. Thanks, Hazard.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1851598)   #37
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Kerr did a great job hanging-on. NZ was easily a second a lap faster early on, I thought for sure Robbie was done. Good for him. Is he in the car again next month?

And young Hülkenberg; is he the real deal or is it all about the car? "All hat, no cattle" as they say around here. He's so far ahead of the pack it's...uh oh...TGF-like.
Exactly why I'm looking forward to Vietoris taking over for a race so much :-)

That said, he isn't slow either...
Old 26 Feb 2007, 00:48 (Ref:1851619)   #38
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Robbie Kerr did well today - not terribly quick, but the unsung team did a great job in using the only set of new tyres on the first (short) stint, which I thought was a mistake at first, but it got Robbie a good start, then the quickest pit stop got him further ... and, although he was quicker, that NZ guy was never going to try and overtake (although I think Johnny Reid would have had a go) and Robbie kept on in there for a really good podium. He's a really gutsy driver, hats off to him. With Hulkenberg (who is really class, I'm sad to say) not running in the next race, GBR must surely be in with a shout for that race win next time out.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 26 Feb 2007, 00:56 (Ref:1851629)   #39
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Interesting you should say that, Jinxxy. I thought just the same about GBR's tyre strategy. It was a tough call, but if it worked, and it did, then they would know Robbie is an awkward little blighter to pass. Without the (fully deserved) drive through for Bleekemolen, he would have been second, though.

As for the next race, I'd be more inclined to put money on Jonny Reid getting another win or two.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1851792)   #40
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, it was a great effort from Kerr who's car was clearly far from perfect. I thought it was revealing that Manning said GB had been struggling for setup all season.

Good pit stop by GB but they touched Ireland and were close to getting the same penalty as Netherlands.

I don't think Germany would've been nearly so far ahead had Kerr not been holding NZ up.

Oh, and NZ did try and pass Kerr ... more than once.

I think anyone in a German or NZ car would have to be favourite so long as they're reasonably capable.
Old 1 Mar 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1854835)   #41
Simon Speichert
Rookie

Simon Speichert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caught the SPEED showing of Durban yesterday. Is it just me or do the street tracks seem to be inviting some stupidity from some drivers? Mikkola's banzai move at the hairpin was the most boneheaded thing I've seen in some time.

As far as street tracks go, I thought Durban was excellent. Fairly quick, not too tight and some brilliant visuals. This beach was a prettier backdrop than the beach at Zandvoort, I must say!

Being a Team Canada supporter is a little rough lately. At least we have home continent advantage next round!