Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2002, 15:18 (Ref:274454)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your are Barrichello.

Would you stay for another year?

1. Based on talent (his is not that of a 1st class driver) he should stay. Make money, retire and tell his grand children "I was Schumacher's slave" ...LOL

2. Toyota is said to have offered him 3 years contract. Not a bad option I would say but Barrichello is blind by the love to the evil empire.

3. Back to Jaguar. No way while Lauda is around. Eddie and the Rat have a deal. Make as much money until Ford pulls the plug.

Last edited by BBKing; 30 Apr 2002 at 15:20.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 15:23 (Ref:274458)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, maybe I'd just give up the whole thing and become a taxi driver.

Or maybe I'd just pick option 1.
Since I wouldn't want to risk option 2 as it is only a rumour

No, actually I think I'd choose option three. By far and away the best option on the list.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 30 Apr 2002, 16:14 (Ref:274489)   #3
classic
Rookie

classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would go with Toyota. For one, they don't have too much money worries and are in F1 with the serious intention of dominating the sport.
Also the cars have a little bit of red in them in case i get homesick!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 16:45 (Ref:274512)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am Rubens

F1 is my career. In F1 the team and the car make more difference than anything else. I drive for the best team in the best car. Unfortunately I drive (when the car starts!) alongside a guy that's annoyingly, consistently better than me. I hope he breaks a leg playing football.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 17:09 (Ref:274527)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd take the TOYOTA offer. Rubens was-IS-a fine driver whose soul is being crushed at Ferrari. Its time for everyone's good that he move on. If he wants to have any pride left, he can be a real factor in building up TOYOTA.

Jaguar woulsd be a huge mistake as Lauda has no compassion and Irvine enjoys getting Rubens' goat.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 17:14 (Ref:274530)   #6
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I stay with Ferrari, waiting patiently for TGF to win his 6th WDC and retire. Then I hope that someone better than me does not get hired to repace TGF.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 18:29 (Ref:274611)   #7
TickTag2
Rookie

TickTag2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just stay at ferrari rubens

u already win the Test Driver Championship

especially for MSchumi
Old 30 Apr 2002, 18:40 (Ref:274624)   #8
racing_guru
Rookie

racing_guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stay with Ferrari, even if your only in a position to win one race a year, that's more then he will get any where else as he's not on Williams nor McLaren's shopping list.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 19:29 (Ref:274699)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GO TO JAGUAR, CRY-BABY !!!!!!!!

Make money there, have fun driving and retire in style...

Remember you're not Diniz.

BTW Pedro Paulo Diniz, this guy I admire, had fun driving F1, spent dad's money, got a lot of girls. Now manages Formula Renault down here and appears in Renault's adds with lovely girls (and always loses in the video game)
Old 30 Apr 2002, 19:30 (Ref:274702)   #10
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stay at Ferrari. MS will retire once he has won his 5th title (I hope)
Old 1 May 2002, 00:07 (Ref:274963)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'll stay at Ferrari if he can. He won't leave. Why would you go to Jaguar or Toyota?
Old 1 May 2002, 00:20 (Ref:274971)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Why would he go anywhere. He's already driving for a team that exceeds his talent, and it's still the only chance (albeit not likely) of a race win.

Take the money and enjoy the Sunday drives.
Old 1 May 2002, 00:38 (Ref:274980)   #13
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What sunday drives? ....LOL
Old 1 May 2002, 00:45 (Ref:274984)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
OK correction. Take the money and enjoy the best Formula 1 seats money can buy
Old 1 May 2002, 02:52 (Ref:275022)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
If I were Rubens, I'd try to find out the next April fool trick Ferrari will pull on me. First there was not enough fuel, then they swapped the launch control with the "no drive" control. Next will probably see the "look ma, no brakes" button. These on-board computers are so good at pulling tricks on the driver.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 1 May 2002, 03:09 (Ref:275032)   #16
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Rubens.......I'd go to Cart!.

At least he'd have a decent chance of winning races over there.
Old 1 May 2002, 23:03 (Ref:275993)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Rubens I would have resigned the day after that race that they forced him to give away.

I would have resigned at the post-race press conference, and I would have said bluntly, "I am resigning from Ferrari here and now because my teammate and HIS team have humiliated me before the world and I don't want my children to grow up believing I am a spineless who like any other will do anything for money."

And I would have got up and walked out in the complete and absolute silence, leaving my teammate to explain what had just happened, walked back to Ferrari, packed my kit, told Jean Todt what he could do with my contract (and helped him figure out how to do it if he seemed confused), and caught the next plane home to Brazil.

Since I am a very sensible family man, I have plenty of money in good investments, and Nelson Piquet would be happy to hire me to help with the new series he is bankrolling. And I would spend the rest of my life as a happy man, watching the next poor lick TGF's boots and writing the memoir to end all memoirs.

If I were Rubens, that is what I would do.
Old 1 May 2002, 23:13 (Ref:275998)   #18
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If, as may be lamentably the case, TGF is the greatest-driver-in-the-world-ever-but-just-not-a-very-fine-sportsman, the Rubens doesn't stack up too bad next to him. There may well be the element of humiliation, but he holds that drive on merit and merit alone.
Old 2 May 2002, 00:00 (Ref:276012)   #19
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was Barrichello, I would stay at Ferrari. There`s no competitive place at F1, and going to a small team, to help it to develop... is the way to a dark retirement! He did (and suffered) this two times. I think all he wants is to win some races and get retired. He may go to Cart, or IRL, but I think this is not the way... maybe he goes there, to the Indy500. Despite he hasn't any experience running on oval tracks, he has enough experience about racing because of his years on F1 (;
Old 2 May 2002, 00:31 (Ref:276020)   #20
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Move out of Ferrari - let the deserving Massa into the seat - and be the number 1 driver at Jaguar.

That is a proven example of a success story.

Last edited by Mania; 2 May 2002 at 00:32.
Old 2 May 2002, 10:51 (Ref:276294)   #21
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking that Ferrari are slowly putting him in the cold storage by making him frustrated with the machines given to him on raceday....i'm betting that he'll be experiencing more than 50% DNF for the rest of the season.

Leave Barrichello, as you are not the right jockey for the prancing horse no more!
Old 2 May 2002, 11:20 (Ref:276319)   #22
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
Move out of Ferrari - let the deserving Massa into the seat - and be the number 1 driver at Jaguar.

That is a proven example of a success story.
Is there room for two 2nd best drivers in F1? And in the same team?
Old 2 May 2002, 11:54 (Ref:276335)   #23
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
If I were Rubens I would have resigned the day after that race that they forced him to give away.

I would have resigned at the post-race press conference, and I would have said bluntly, "I am resigning from Ferrari here and now because my teammate and HIS team have humiliated me before the world and I don't want my children to grow up believing I am a spineless who like any other will do anything for money."

And I would have got up and walked out in the complete and absolute silence, leaving my teammate to explain what had just happened, walked back to Ferrari, packed my kit, told Jean Todt what he could do with my contract (and helped him figure out how to do it if he seemed confused), and caught the next plane home to Brazil.

Since I am a very sensible family man, I have plenty of money in good investments, and Nelson Piquet would be happy to hire me to help with the new series he is bankrolling. And I would spend the rest of my life as a happy man, watching the next poor lick TGF's boots and writing the memoir to end all memoirs.

If I were Rubens, that is what I would do.

that is the best piece of literature i have read in a long time
Old 2 May 2002, 12:56 (Ref:276400)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the Brazilians I have had the pleasure of meeting are very honourable men. Can you see Senna or Piquet putting up with this for one minute? The mind reels.

Thanks for the compliment. Now if Rubens is reading this -- you know what to do.
Old 2 May 2002, 13:13 (Ref:276411)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rubens would do it only if the spirit of Senna appear to him, and tell him to do it...