Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3389478)   #651
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Grant should have said the TCM race was broadcast before the V8s over here, don't know when or if Motors TV will show them. BUT here's a small list of cars involved : Mustangs, Camaro's, Falcon Sprint, Falcon GTHO, Torana SLR5000, Porsche plus others.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3389508)   #652
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Believe it or not you can still find bargains on eBay, I just won this! Its better than it looks in photos as covered in dust. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161263315078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Bargain, Al!

Paisleyfreight do good delivery prices for car parts that other couriers won't carry, in my experience! (Mind you, Colchester is only up the road for you, and in an LPG Dayvan its probably cheaper to collect yourself! )
Old 7 Apr 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3389683)   #653
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All the Delta preped cars are back from the weekends racing, all in one piece and all drivers happy. "it wont last ".
BTW what happened to the tea boy yesterday. I went through the whole day on one cup of refreshment.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3389869)   #654
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back breaking work at Donington.
Attached Thumbnails
750Px_Web_750_96_HSCC_Donington_20140406_IMG_4683.jpg   750Px_Web_750_96_HSCC_Donington_20140406_IMG_4690.jpg   750Px_Web_750_96_HSCC_Donington_20140406_IMG_4689.jpg  

Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3389875)   #655
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
You need to get a lighter camera then Grant.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3389890)   #656
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
You need to get a lighter camera then Grant.
Hehe.

I was using the lighter one Gary.

Very worrying really. I think I need a fitness regime. Or a minion who takes instruction well.

Or, thinking about it sensibly, a minion more able than I so I don't need to provide pointless instruction and attempted guidance.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3389932)   #657
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Blimey, how did you get him to stand still long enough for THREE pictures!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3389954)   #658
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Believe it or not you can still find bargains on eBay, I just won this! Its better than it looks in photos as covered in dust. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1612633150...84.m1423.l2649
£24 in LPG in the Blazer but still worth it.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3390570)   #659
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
All the Delta preped cars are back from the weekends racing, all in one piece and all drivers happy. "it wont last ".
BTW what happened to the tea boy yesterday. I went through the whole day on one cup of refreshment.
Huh, if you're refering to moi then apologies........my day went tits up as soon as I got up and alas much to my displeasure Donington was out the frame.

I'll try harder next time.

BTW - if its any consolation I didn't get much tea myself!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 9 Apr 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3390614)   #660
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Blimey, how did you get him to stand still long enough for THREE pictures!
Ah, well, I didn't. Just turned out like that. Seems the Volpini can sometimes be backbreaking work.

In this case a small enough problem that was not quite as easy to fix as one might have imagined. As is the way with "simple" things that "hardly ever fail". (My quotes, not Iain's)
Old 10 Apr 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3390733)   #661
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fabulous little car that Volpini!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3390838)   #662
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Fabulous little car that Volpini!
I know there are times when Iain wouldn't necessarily agree with that, but yes.....

Old 10 Apr 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3390854)   #663
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
+ another one.

#oopssorrynotontwittersohashtagsdontwoork
Old 10 Apr 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3390914)   #664
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. Some cars are pure art. Function doesn't always follow form.

Last edited by Colin McKay; 10 Apr 2014 at 22:59.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3390940)   #665
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Agreed. Some cars are pure art. Function doesn't always follow form.
True.

Compare and contrast the extra touches.
Attached Thumbnails
750Px_Web_96_HSCC_Donington_20140406_ONED9272.jpg   750Px_Web_96_HSCC_Donington_20140406_ONED9367.jpg  
Old 11 Apr 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3390987)   #666
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, an absolute delight, and that's coming from a bloke who generally prefers sports and GT cars!
Old 11 Apr 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3391240)   #667
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Hey guys, Iv'e found a bar for us OAP's !!!
Attached Thumbnails
****bar.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3391253)   #668
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Currently in a bar up the road from you Gordon, walking in sierra nevada. Very pleasant (and cheap!). Getting race fit for easter
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3391255)   #669
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Hey guys, Iv'e found a bar for us OAP's !!!
They think of everything in Spain.
Had a smashing test half hour at Brands today, got the Fiesta down nearly into the 55 sec's, that thing is a lot of fun to drive and there is a lot more to come.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3391264)   #670
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Currently in a bar up the road from you Gordon, walking in sierra nevada. Very pleasant (and cheap!). Getting race fit for easter
I'm actually in the UK until Wednesday as we have a big birthday party to go to on Saturday night.
What part are you in Colin ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3391267)   #671
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is my friendly robin who built a nest on my oil filter shelf last year, she decided to build it amongst a load of old wheel trims last week and is quite happy to sit there all day with me working close by.
Attached Thumbnails
nest 1.jpg  
Old 12 Apr 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3391391)   #672
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom

Little place called Berchules. Already half way up the mountains so saves a lot of effort. Local guy brews a "real ale" called black goat. Absolutely disgusting
Old 12 Apr 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3391393)   #673
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
This is my friendly robin who built a nest on my oil filter shelf last year, she decided to build it amongst a load of old wheel trims last week and is quite happy to sit there all day with me working close by.
Hope you are charging rent, Gordon!

Old 12 Apr 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3391407)   #674
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody mobiles.

Lost my Samsun Galaxy mobile phone at Brands yesterday, didn't realise how much stuff you store on the bloody things, how much trouble to cancel everything as well.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 12 Apr 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3391413)   #675
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
Lost my Samsun Galaxy mobile phone at Brands yesterday, didn't realise how much stuff you store on the bloody things, how much trouble to cancel everything as well.
You say "lost" or did someone nick it ? I had mine stolen at Snetterton and that caused loads of problems !
Closed Thread