Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3398506)   #776
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yea it's a blooming nuisance having to get up in the night for a pee. My trouble is once up start thinking about work and that's it can't get back to sleep . That's my bit if useless info for you this week ,
Old 26 Apr 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3398522)   #777
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yea it's a blooming nuisance having to get up in the night for a pee. My trouble is once up start thinking about work and that's it can't get back to sleep . That's my bit if useless info for you this week ,
Simple answer(s).

Go to bed late. Have the pee before you hit the sack.

Works for me. (As does de-hydration although one feels there may be other reasons for more frequent natural breaks as one gets older.

Second answers incontinence pads ( I would assume). Should be available on free prescriptions by now for some of us, er, you.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3398523)   #778
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a bad day for Team Midgetman. Both my customers at Clay had gone by 3pm so MiniMM and I got some laps in on the latest acquisition. I'm a bit heavy for 115cc but it was my first time behind the wheel this year and it was pretty cool
Old 27 Apr 2014, 01:14 (Ref:3398581)   #779
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I had a good one too! Managed to un-stick the seized clutch on the 924 by the simple expedient of pointing a hair-drier into the bellhousing for an hour or two, then tried to start it in gear, bit of a thud and hey presto :-)
Mind you, it's hard not to have a good day at the moment - see my new tagline
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3398681)   #780
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
My day consisted of getting up at 2am for a pee, going back to bed, waking up again at 3am and getting up at 3.15am for work. I got home at 8, took dogs for a walk then went back to bed. The dogs then decided that 10 am would be a good time to bark at anything that moved within a 5 mile radius of the house. So I got up again at 1030, went and changed a wheel bearing from the M** and MOTd the Landcruiser. Got home and have spent a few hours putting the front hub back on the *G* and have just come in from bleeding the brakes.......on my own again as uncle Eric forgot to come round and help me. Time for wine me thinks.
You don't drink wine otherwise both Penny and me would have been there, plus Pen would have helped with the wheel bearing.
My day started with going to work helping to MOT an old Land Cruiser then going home and rehanging a side gate to stop our Toby having a post mans leg for breakfast. Going out for an evening meal and getting assisted by two Beautiful young teenagers back to the car and getting admiring / dirty looks from onlookers even though they where my granddaughters , had to hang on to the room to stop it rotating.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3398707)   #781
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
As I always say " good old uncle Eric"
Old 27 Apr 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3398810)   #782
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
My right knee has ached for years. If I overuse it, it hurts, if I don't use it, it hurts, so may as well just carry on and ignore it.......

Seeing as we are comparing days, mind consisted of cleaning 7 cars and 1 van. Stopped short of doing the truck, will see what Sunday weather brings....

Now making 'left over chicken' curry and smells good.

Mike my right knee hurts also has done 20+years has something to do with jumping in& out semi- trailers (lorries) for that long. Hold that curry as i'll fly over real quick for a good curry.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3398827)   #783
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Curry was good and also all gone! Not sure what to blame my knee join on, trying to keep fit probably.

Been a cracking day here, so truck got a complete wash including roof, then, as it was looking very left out, gave the little Volvo a birthday as well. So that's truck, Vito, 5 race cars and 4 road cars all shiny again.

Talking of semi trailers, I couldn't get the digital tachograph in mine to accept the driver card this morning. Kept spitting it out, so I gave it closer inspection. "Senior Railcard"...
Old 27 Apr 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3398851)   #784
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Got up to look out from the balcony to see this. went for a walk along the beach and finished up in a beach bar this afternoon, but somebody has to !!!!
Back at work next week.
Attached Thumbnails
morning m.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Apr 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3398852)   #785
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Double post I wonder why ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Apr 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3398880)   #786
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
, had to hang on to the room to stop it rotating.
It sounds like you've got the same ailment that kept my wife from moving out of bed all week, Stemetil works eventually though.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3399205)   #787
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I don't know whether to believe this or not !
Attached Thumbnails
Ireland.jpg  
Old 28 Apr 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3399347)   #788
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Stemetil works eventually though.
In which way ... depending in your answer I may have to investigate ...
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3399539)   #789
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
In which way ... depending in your answer I may have to investigate ...
Not in the way you're thinking I suspect, I think you need Rohypnol.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3399667)   #790
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Should be a good 10/10ths gavering at Mallory tomorrow. Me ,Grant and Mike. I guess Simon will be there as well.Wonder whats for lunch.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3399716)   #791
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Should be a good 10/10ths gavering at Mallory tomorrow. Me ,Grant and Mike. I guess Simon will be there as well.Wonder whats for lunch.
Never mind lunch, it's breakfast I'm going for! Or is that lunch, and do I need to bring my own black pudding?

Not sure about SH, media day for Silverstone Classic as well. (Only £180 this year- what's going on....) Load of old F1s and hundreds of tyres being loaded next to me as I popped my little car into trailer, and after feeling guilty, threw a spare wheel into the van 'just in case'......

À demain!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3399732)   #792
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just back from an enjoyable long weekend with a bunch of mates from the Imp Club, attending Imp Ecosse, based just outside Aberdeen. Met up with the Aussie friends that I did Le Jog with back in 2000 and 2003, and Mike kindly let me have a few blasts in his car - which has had an engine refurb but is otherwise pretty much as per Le Jog spec.....

Not having driven an Imp for some time it took a little while to get back into the swing of things but the highland roads soon tempted me into some "brisk" motoring which left a few of the others behind

Great roads, superb scenery, good friends and good pubs.....if only the weather had been as good all weekend as yesterday, life would have been perfect - still pretty darn good, though. Pity it's 2.5 - 3 hours from Aberdeen back down to near Glasgow, where my friends are based, and another 3.5 hours back down from there to home.......and also a pity that I hadn't realised the HERO Classic Malts were having tests near my mate's place in Balloch last night and today!

Must get back into my unit and rebuild my Husky....amongst other things.....
Old 29 Apr 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3399857)   #793
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Not in the way you're thinking I suspect, I think you need Rohypnol.
Hmm. Don't think so although I suppose it might satisfy the second of my preferences if the first is unrealistic.

Not wandering about the house because permanently out and about would be preferred but not wandering about due to confinement to bed (silent and undemanding of any sort of attention or delegated activities) might be acceptable.

Anything much in between would be pointless.

I would prefer the first option since at least then it would fit in with her work commitments better.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3400101)   #794
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Not having driven an Imp for some time it took a little while to get back into the swing of things

Must get back into my unit and rebuild my Husky....
Is the swing something to do with a pendulum effect from the rear engine? Not sure when I last drove an Imp- late 1960s probably!

Testing at Mallory went well this morning- for the first half dozen laps..... The Gilbern hadn't turned a racing wheel since Sept 2010, when Tour Brittania was followed a weekend later by 60 minutes in the wet at Spa. With rebuilt engine, box and diff was hoping for good things, and the 4 year old Dunlops fitted made it fun to power slide out of the hairpin every lap. That was, until doing so resulted in a sudden vibration, followed by me noticing the steering wheel was at an angle on the straight. Back in the paddock it was obvious that the axle was no longer in line, and looking under noticed the l/h lower link bracket had collapsed. So that's what testing is all about!

New, boxed-in brackets on the way.........

Old 30 Apr 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3400103)   #795
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the latter subject, I understand Mallory Park testing will be back to cars in the morning and bikes in the afternoon as before. Worth checking but I think it starts next week.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3400115)   #796
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On the latter subject, I understand Mallory Park testing will be back to cars in the morning and bikes in the afternoon as before. Worth checking but I think it starts next week.
Correct, reverts next week. Ken was there with the Marlboro Rover again today, what a fantastic motor car!
Old 30 Apr 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3400168)   #797
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Is the swing something to do with a pendulum effect from the rear engine? Not sure when I last drove an Imp- late 1960s probably!

Testing at Mallory went well this morning- for the first half dozen laps..... The Gilbern hadn't turned a racing wheel since Sept 2010, when Tour Brittania was followed a weekend later by 60 minutes in the wet at Spa. With rebuilt engine, box and diff was hoping for good things, and the 4 year old Dunlops fitted made it fun to power slide out of the hairpin every lap. That was, until doing so resulted in a sudden vibration, followed by me noticing the steering wheel was at an angle on the straight. Back in the paddock it was obvious that the axle was no longer in line, and looking under noticed the l/h lower link bracket had collapsed. So that's what testing is all about!

New, boxed-in brackets on the way.........

Hooligan!

But did you successfully collect your windscreen?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3400170)   #798
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Correct, reverts next week. Ken was there with the Marlboro Rover again today, what a fantastic motor car!
Ken pointed out that I had not posted any pics from the session 2 weeks ago - so I'll correct that now.
Attached Thumbnails
750Px_Web_96_Mallory_Testing_20140416_ONED9763.jpg   750Px_Web_96_Mallory_Testing_20140416_ONED9895.jpg   750Px_Web_96_Mallory_Testing_20140416_Z_ONED0028.jpg  

Last edited by grantp; 30 Apr 2014 at 22:16.
Old 1 May 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3400244)   #799
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the change means I will be there with my example on 4th June.
Old 1 May 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3400298)   #800
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well the change means I will be there with my example on 4th June.
Testing for a particular event Peter or just testing?

As usual with 'failures' the truth of my problem yesterday was more than just a bracket wilting under strain! While taking the axle off found the diagonally opposite link had fractured at the front........

Pleased in a way, as the bracket failing on its own didn't make sense!