Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3405010)   #851
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i paid double it would still be cheaper than the London Pride served in the bar at Thruxton on easter weekend.

Larkins tastes good to me, but i'm no expert.

Been in Kent for the weekend,visited Chartwell,wonderful place.
Old 11 May 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3405011)   #852
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It all depends what pub he goes in, I am on a percentage of the turnover so he should pay double !
Ah, right. A negative discount.
Old 11 May 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3405039)   #853
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
If i paid double it would still be cheaper than the London Pride served in the bar at Thruxton on easter weekend.

Larkins tastes good to me, but i'm no expert.

Been in Kent for the weekend,visited Chartwell,wonderful place.
It all depends on how the beer is kept Robyn, I take it you tried a pint or so in Westerham ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 May 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3405053)   #854
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 actually. Carpenters,Tonbridge.
Old 12 May 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3405263)   #855
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
At our gig last Monday I got an old mate (and ex band mate) in on our guest list . . . he offered me a pint, went to the bar, ordered 2 pints of Samual Adams ( American ale of sorts, best of a bad bunch) handed over a tenner.

THe Barsteward asked for an extra 40p!
Old 12 May 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3405295)   #856
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sam Adams keg beer is now brewed in Faversham together with a variety of better known brands, some rather nice, some pretty dire. The bottles still come from Boston. Whichever, that's an expensive glass of mediocrity!
Old 12 May 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3405298)   #857
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you mean 'keg beer'? Isn't that the nasty fizzy stuff?

The proper potion is cask ale!
Old 12 May 2014, 11:21 (Ref:3405319)   #858
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, keg beer is what it is. In all honesty I've only had the bottled stuff so can't compare but the brewer is usually pretty good at accurately reproducing foreign beers under licence (if that's your thing)
Old 12 May 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3405322)   #859
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tried the Goodwood Ale when there a few weeks ago. Marketted a "organic", although I believe any good cask ale is organic, I thought it was pretty good.
Old 12 May 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3405336)   #860
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I tried the Goodwood Ale when there a few weeks ago, I thought it was pretty good.
Well mentioned Peter. That should guarantee a repeat entry next year!

Old 12 May 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3405340)   #861
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm.

Notwithstanding your cynicism it actually did taste very good. They do a lager too which I didn't try.
Old 12 May 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3405361)   #862
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You know I jest Peter. Plus of course I am insanely jealous!

I know that tyres for the Gp1 race next year are already being discussed, so looks like the races will be repeated. Perhaps I may even get to join you on the grid.....
Old 12 May 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3405380)   #863
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I don't go much on that Larkins, it's like weak Eurofizzz, I had 3 or 4 pints of it at Spa a couple of years ago and still managed to race OK afterwards although I was amazed at all the other ******s that were driving the wrong way round the track.
Old 12 May 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3405386)   #864
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You know I jest Peter. Plus of course I am insanely jealous!

I know that tyres for the Gp1 race next year are already being discussed, so looks like the races will be repeated. Perhaps I may even get to join you on the grid.....
Well that would be good on two counts then.
Old 13 May 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3405714)   #865
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Got back from Monaco yesterday afternoon and while waiting out side reading train station for mrs delta to pick me up I spotted a pub . Ah ha just time for a proper pint and for half the price of the fizzy lager served in stars and bars
Old 13 May 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3405738)   #866
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah ha just time for a proper pint and for half the price of the fizzy lager served in stars and bars
And that's with approximately 55p tax on a pint with the UK being the highest in the EU, so they are ripping you off over there Iain.
Incidentally the Ukraine is the lowest at 4p !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 May 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3405751)   #867
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
They've just installed Marston's Pedigree in one of the bars at the Hyatt Regency, where I am bivouac-ed. Haven't tried it yet but I suspect it's top pressure rather than cask. Will probably stick to Hoegarten or Stella.
Old 13 May 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3405758)   #868
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Larkins, like Dark Star hop head, is a lighter ale. or a session beer as some like to call it.

I can't remember the last time I had a 'session'
Old 13 May 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3405788)   #869
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	My new PA Anna.2014 Monaco.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	576.6 KB
ID:	42502
Well here is the photo of my new PA. Anna,she travelled with me to Monaco,not just stunning but smart and absolultly charming.All the young mechanics i know working at the track kept asking me if she was single. Fraid not.
Im also hoping she will help me wiff my spelling.
Old 13 May 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3405834)   #870
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Got back from Monaco yesterday afternoon and while waiting out side reading train station for mrs delta to pick me up I spotted a pub . Ah ha just time for a proper pint and for half the price of the fizzy lager served in stars and bars
I was in there Sat evening Iain, looked around the Delta area but no-one there. I had a few of the Edelweiss in the S&B, not too bad, for a foreign
Beer. Earlier in the Old Town I had a local 'Monaco Beer' another white-brew, and quite acceptable. I asked for a large one (Oh er Missus), it came in a Stein-like glass, at least 2 and a half pints... That and a medium sized glass of Rose was 20Euros. Mind you it put me in a mellow mood to venture into the S&B
Old 13 May 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3405835)   #871
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Blimey Iain you look like a "sugar daddy"
Old 13 May 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3405862)   #872
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey, a PA? The jet set life of a historic motor sport team boss eh? Down at our end of the spectrum a "PA" is just Mrs MM "gently reminding" me that I haven't done something I promised to do
Old 13 May 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3405865)   #873
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you send her up and down the paddock to distract other teams' mechanics?
Old 13 May 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3405937)   #874
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do so hope that Iain's new appointment won't become the source of coarse and unseemly speculation....
Old 13 May 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3405964)   #875
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some thoughts shouldn't be shared. Not even here.