Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3483435)   #2001
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Errrrr nothing to say except having cup or tea and noticed the post were up to 1999.So I thought I would post the two thousndth.
Anyone seen the Tornado "or what ever its called "yet.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3483445)   #2002
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in Ankara, Turkey and they sell Leffe Blonde and Brun. However they also have (in bottles), London Pride and something called Golden Pride, both Fullers. Very nishe it ish tooo.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3483469)   #2003
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Errrrr nothing to say except having cup or tea and noticed the post were up to 1999.So I thought I would post the two thousndth.
Robyn gazumped you You are the "Space Odyssey"
Old 10 Dec 2014, 00:06 (Ref:3483577)   #2004
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Golden Hen is the tipple favoured at Woodgood. I'm afraid I drink it by the gallon!!
Old 10 Dec 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3483657)   #2005
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Dont think Zef has finished it yet?
Old 10 Dec 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3483683)   #2006
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Dont think Zef has finished it yet?
He means the 'weather bomb' as media have labelled it, or 'explosive weather system' as the forecasters countered.

That bit of bad weather hitting North West of UK, in other words.......

Old 10 Dec 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3483856)   #2007
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
It just occurred to me ...isn't Bitburgher non alcoholic.....?
Old 11 Dec 2014, 07:22 (Ref:3483979)   #2008
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
It just occurred to me ...isn't Bitburger non alcoholic.....?
The version Iain has provided on occasions certainly wasn't.....

Old 11 Dec 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3483999)   #2009
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Yes, well,he's a bad man that one. Just the sort I was warned to keep away from
Old 11 Dec 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3484064)   #2010
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Yes, well,he's a bad man that one. Just the sort I was warned to keep away from

Just reading that France is to increase duty on diesel fuel to discourage citizens from buying cars fuelled by it. The PM described the people's enthusiasm for diesel cars as a "mistake", according to an article in Autocar.

Maybe a way of countering their failure to implement Ecotaxe.....

Old 11 Dec 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3484125)   #2011
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I have just been given a 2015 desk diary from loal motor factors as thay have done for the past 25 years. Where did all that time go,.Come to think of it where did all the money go as well.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3484141)   #2012
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well I have just been given a 2015 desk diary from loal motor factors as thay have done for the past 25 years. Where did all that time go,.Come to think of it where did all the money go as well.
Sure we can suggest answers for the latter question, Iain.......
Old 11 Dec 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3484167)   #2013
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Bitburger's?
Old 11 Dec 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3484227)   #2014
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Or on all the "networking" at the HSCC booze up.... Err I mean the networking event
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3484334)   #2015
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
THe Problem with all these 'Networking' events is you have to drive to them!
Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3484389)   #2016
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm almost, but not quite, speechless and need a rant so you fellas are the lucky recipients

We ordered 2 year planners to stick on the wall from Amazon the other day, these are rolled up to about 3cm dia x 50cm long and can't weigh more than a couple of hundred grammes.

One of those cardboard tube thingies would have done the job but instead each one arrived in its own box measuring 60 x 55 x 20 and full of packing to stop them moving about, a volumetric factor of 300. The point is, they have a webpage full of drivel about "Amazon and Our Planet" and the lengths they go to in sourcing environmentally friendly packaging etc etc. Perhaps they think that by using more of the stuff they are even more environmentally friendly.

Quote "
Amazon has developed a software program that determines the "right-sized" box for any given item to be shipped to a customer, based on that item's dimensions and weight."

Must be their parcel carrier who wrote that magical bit of software for them!!!

There, that feels better
Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3484396)   #2017
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Colin, I just received two large motorsport calendars from the same company. They were in individual heavy cardboard envelopes- the sort that can post with. However, they were sent in a massive box with brown paper filling, and were ratting around inside......

I also had an email afterwards asking for feedback on how they could improve their packing!

Old 12 Dec 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3484409)   #2018
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
As it's Rant Friday, reason am sitting in front of a PC rather than trying to keep warm at the workshop is because today was the day BT Infinity was going to be installed at home! Having waited months for them to offer a good deal to existing customers, it finally happened so I pressed the buttons.

HOWEVER, the Guys subcontracted to do the work just knocked on the door to tell me that I can't be connected as the 'green box' down the road hasn't any connections left.......

At least I have the existing service still working, apparantly one of my neighbours was due to transfer to BT from another provider and had arranged for their old account to be closed today!

Whoops....
Old 12 Dec 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3484458)   #2019
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rant Friday: My neighbour in England was installing an extra lead for his Sky dish. The Sky surveyor surveyed and determined what was needed. The Sky dish installer arrived a few days later and refused to carry out the installation as his Health & Safety manual prohibited him from climbing his ladder to the height necessary to install the Sky bits & pieces. What is that all about!?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3484461)   #2020
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Compte, you may be more impressed that the residents of Croft village have installed a Boules pitch (if that is the correct terminology). But they're not going too French as one of the residents is quoted:

“It will be a great way to spend a summers evening, playing boules while enjoying a locally brewed pint!"

Maybe call in when you're next at Croft Circuit to show them how it's played?
Old 14 Dec 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3484952)   #2021
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
What is that all about!?
Complete ********.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3485147)   #2022
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Our local 99p shop is selling 2013 diaries
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Dec 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3485157)   #2023
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'll take two.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 15 Dec 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3485212)   #2024
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
So, for 99p you expect new my boy? Oy vey.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3485219)   #2025
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
There will be a year soon when the dates and days are aligned again, so get buying!