Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Sep 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3458790)   #201
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Cassidy has joined T-Sport for Imola.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3461115)   #202
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Is FOTA lovely son Andy Chang join the next race to prepare Macau GP?
Old 10 Oct 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3463057)   #203
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
16-year-old Sergio Sette Camara makes his debut this weekend with Eurointernational.

Ocon takes R1 pole, back to normal...
Old 12 Oct 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3464068)   #204
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Jordan King, what a disappointment. They say war is not the answer. But sometimes it's a battle just to keep the peace.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3464076)   #205
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well Ocon and Blomqvist have shared the wins so far. Verstappen has changed from a very poor rookie in R1 into someone worthy of Formula 1 in R2.

Edit: Verstappen won R3.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3464094)   #206
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Ocon won the championship, it's a shame Max Verstappen had so many technical DNF's, it would have been a real fight in the last 3 races otherwise.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3464479)   #207
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am so negatively surprised to see Berger pushing Ocon towards F1. I imagine he did the same for Verstappen. Both might be great talents but at F3 level you still have lots to learn before F1 and Berger should have been the first to know that. His role in FIA is to take care of the junior ladder not to devaluate all series that have no FIA management.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3464498)   #208
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Berger could start devaluating GP3. It would be helpful for European F3. My point is, paranoia can save your life.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3464518)   #209
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
GP3 should allow only drivers with a full season of F3 experience.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3464561)   #210
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
GP3 should allow only drivers with a full season of F3 experience.
And receive a lot of mediocrity whilst the genuine pick of the F3 bunch move on to FR3.5 or GP2. I'd be hugely surprised to see Ocon in GP3 next season. Menezes and Szykowiak, maybe. Maybe even Fuoco and Giovinazzi, but not Ocon or Verstappen.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3464577)   #211
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
European Formula 3 2014 Thread

Fuoco or Giovinazzi would do fine as talent goes. Besides hype apart they are both at the level of the leading duo, it just took them a little more to get there. Typically that has little to do with talent but more so with pre season preparation.

Anyway GP3 has many other pools of talent to collect their grid. And besides how long before f3 pushes the self destruct button with budgets, trick engines etc?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3464583)   #212
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Seeing how long F3 has been around for and how healthy the European series is now, I'm not so sure that is a valid argument.

Fuoco hasn't been as consistent as Ocon and Verstappen, but did come out of the blocks very fast. As for Giovinazzi, he has a season's experience to fall back on. I'm not sure they're as talented, but yes, they are certainly very, very good drivers.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3464601)   #213
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Fuoco or Giovinazzi would do fine as talent goes. Besides hype apart they are both at the level of the leading duo, it just took them a little more to get there. Typically that has little to do with talent but more so with pre season preparation.

Anyway GP3 has many other pools of talent to collect their grid. And besides how long before f3 pushes the self destruct button with budgets, trick engines etc?
Let's see the qualy score between Ocon and Fuoco.
25-3 for Ocon
199 points advantage for Ocon

Ocon has pretty much blown away Fuoco.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3464653)   #214
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
But then Ocon hasn'tt exactly starred in his first 4 3.5 races so far?

How does he compare to other supposed potential superstars in their 3.5 debuts in recent years? Sainz jnr was on it straight away. Any others?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3464686)   #215
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

How does he compare to other supposed potential superstars in their 3.5 debuts in recent years? Sainz jnr was on it straight away. Any others?
In fact he raced in 3 races in 3.5 series without testing in midfield team.

With a day of FP in the wet and different brakes from FP.
First dry qualy : P6
First race on wet: P9 (with mistake on set up tyres pressure too high + 2 times the anti-stall system that has hindered esteban, but he made up the places)

Then in Paul Ricard, he went on to qualify with poor top speed in P10 and P13. In race 2 he would have finished in Top 7 if he did not loose 7 seconds on pit stop.

He did very fine considering his experience, when you try to compare with Sainz Jr who was racing in second generation of Gp3 which is much faster than a current F3 car.

Not to mention that before his Fr3.5 series debut , Sainz Jr had 48 races of F3, he was in fourth year car racing. Comparatively to Will Buller, Carlos Sainz Jr was slower when they were together.

If Berger and Marko think that Ocon can go straight away to F1, they might be right or not.

Fact is that starting his season at 17 years old, Ocon became European F3 champion and Prema made sign him a contract for F3 straight away without discussion after two days of testing. At least on testing term neither Dennis Olsen or Alex Albon acheived that feat as they won't be part of Prema's macau adventure as they decided to run only 3 cars. Ocon is not as astonishing as Verstappen but he is quite special.

Last edited by Rf1 Fan; 13 Oct 2014 at 22:13.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3464705)   #216
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
European Formula 3 2014 Thread

It's all very relevant. I have seen him getting badly beaten in Karting Academy by Leclerc, Barnicoat and a Greek guy to the point that Gravity pulled him out of the championship so I am bit sceptical about that special bit. Talented I won't argue against obviously.

Fuoco is also very talented and I am sure next year he will be in with a chance. His fate this year was defined by FDA dragging their feet with his program, he allegedly was less prepared than Ocon. But anyway the thing with some academies is that they are desperate to build a cv to their drivers as if they have to justify their graduation to F1. The money spent by Gravity on project Ocon is just crazy. I am no fan of this, I believe it destroys drivers more than anything. Steady steps and proper grounding should be better long term

Last edited by Go_For_Pole; 13 Oct 2014 at 22:35.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 05:09 (Ref:3464818)   #217
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Will Buller was right on it in his races for Zeta last year. What happened to him?
Old 14 Oct 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3464844)   #218
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Barnicoat looks very good though, winning FR NEC in his first season. By 2016 he'll be in either this series or maybe GP3. Leclerc looks similarly awesome.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3464859)   #219
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
And receive a lot of mediocrity whilst the genuine pick of the F3 bunch move on to FR3.5 or GP2. I'd be hugely surprised to see Ocon in GP3 next season. Menezes and Szykowiak, maybe. Maybe even Fuoco and Giovinazzi, but not Ocon or Verstappen.
We all know what Max is going to do next year and maybe Ocon will move drirectly up to F1 as well(there are rumours he will test for Lotus F1 in the next months)
Old 14 Oct 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3464889)   #220
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
It's all very relevant. I have seen him getting badly beaten in Karting Academy by Leclerc, Barnicoat and a Greek guy to the point that Gravity pulled him out of the championship so I am bit sceptical about that special bit. Talented I won't argue against obviously.

Fuoco is also very talented and I am sure next year he will be in with a chance. His fate this year was defined by FDA dragging their feet with his program, he allegedly was less prepared than Ocon. But anyway the thing with some academies is that they are desperate to build a cv to their drivers as if they have to justify their graduation to F1. The money spent by Gravity on project Ocon is just crazy. I am no fan of this, I believe it destroys drivers more than anything. Steady steps and proper grounding should be better long term
I struggle to see that logic, in fact. In the case of Ocon if they decided to step him up to car racing in 2012, it was because he was already 1m85 back at time. He is so tall which penalizes driver in junior go kart.

And F3 step up for Ocon was logical but exceeded expectations by big margins.

Also back until mid 2011 he never had a proper shot in full season in factory go kart team unlike Leclerc,Barnicoat or Gasly (who were with ART or Sodi). Taking in account the fact that he had top stop racing during nearly 1 year in 2009 as french MSA refused him a license as he was too young to race internationnaly in go kart.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3465983)   #221
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well, Verstappen has R1 pole for the Hockenheim finale, just ahead of Auer, whilst Blomqvist has taken R2 and R3 poles.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3466067)   #222
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Tom Blom is still a very good driver even in company of the new wunderkinds! I hope he xan step up to 3.5 or something next year?
Old 18 Oct 2014, 07:00 (Ref:3466130)   #223
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I can see 5 or 6 drivers stepping up next season from this grid into FR3.5 or GP2. Funding dependant.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3466146)   #224
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Verstappen won R1 ahead of Auer and Blomqvist. Ocon finished 7th, ahead of Menezes and Seralles. Good to see them have a good showing.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3466156)   #225
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Rcae 2 and 3 should be fun with Max starting from P9 and P8(considering the speed he showed in race 1)