Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Sep 2001, 16:48 (Ref:151062)   #1
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutcliffe Replaces erdos at Brands.

Motorsports journalist and TVR Tuscan racer Stephen Sutcliffe will drive the Lexus IS200 at the BTCC finale at Brands Hatch on October 7.

He will be driving instead of the team's regular driver, Thomas Erdos, in the Touring class, which is backed by Autocar, for whom Sutcliffe writes.

He had been promised a one-off drive alongside Erdos, in the team's second car, but delays in building the car has forced them to abandon the plan.

However with no Championship at stake, Erdos has agreed to step aside.

Just what we need, another rookie on track at a crucial stage in the championships!
Old 25 Sep 2001, 23:33 (Ref:151308)   #2
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a bloody joke.is this sutcliffe 'journalist' guy any good in TVR's.what is this guy gonna give to the team for 2 races.this is how bad sponsors are treating motorsport now,its a game man.

i know,i'll give u a bit of sponsorship for your car only if u let my journalist drive it for a round and write a story for my magazine.

sorry if u think im a bit over the top but i dont like the way the series is getting treated,or things that are happening in it at the moment.this wouldnt of happened few years ago.

Old 26 Sep 2001, 08:11 (Ref:151423)   #3
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sutcliffe has performed well in TVRs in the past - I think he has even taken race wins. However, I don't think he has had that much track time this year - will be interesting to see how he goes.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 09:35 (Ref:151456)   #4
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve has done well in Tuscans and if can drive a Tuscan well, a BTCC car could be easier to drive in comparison. I really hope he does well and has a great race.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 10:30 (Ref:151478)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is a bit of a joke though. John B-And-Q is bad enough, you may notice how the BBC always miss off his name when they run through the grid now? But the BTCC is being turned into a comedy backwater championship made up largely of enthusiasts, unknowns, journeymen and pensioners
Old 26 Sep 2001, 21:12 (Ref:151811)   #6
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tommy has been a supersatr this year.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 22:56 (Ref:151878)   #7
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
But the BTCC is being turned into a comedy backwater championship made up largely of enthusiasts, unknowns, journeymen and pensioners
I wouldn't go that far,but if the championship continues to be as it is it will turn into a mickey-mouse championship.that is definately what i dont want.
Old 27 Sep 2001, 08:50 (Ref:151972)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are some good signs, but a championship with Lexus, MG, Proton and Peugeot as te main challengers, and none of Europe's top drivers, a curious rule book, and a few dinky toy type cars, will not be what we want. I just hope some of the top drivers stay this year, all the series top 10 bar Kurt Luby look likely for next year.
Old 28 Sep 2001, 18:02 (Ref:152812)   #9
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A mass murderer now driving in the form of Sutcliffe,
£10 says he wrecks the car.
Old 28 Sep 2001, 21:26 (Ref:152957)   #10
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need quality drivers in quality cars. (No offenece Sutcliffe). And definate rules and regs.