Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jun 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3099573)   #1701
kiwiracer
Rookie

kiwiracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i believe MP owns 51%.............................if he bails out this early then it opens up many scenarios....yes
Looking at the Companies office Website Mark Petch has equal share with Garry Pedersen and Wayne Andersen (126 Shares each), Christopher Abbott, John McIntyre, Paul Ceprnich and Wayne McLaughlin have 125 Shares each.

Whos Christopher Abbott, seems to be the odd man out here, whats his role in the company? All the other names seem common enough.

So if Petch has 51% some others must have sold shares at some stage... Unlesss its all ******** in the first place
Old 28 Jun 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3099642)   #1702
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiracer View Post
Whos Christopher Abbott, seems to be the odd man out here, whats his role in the company? All the other names seem common enough.
Abbott is a Barrister based in Havelock North, and Chairman of the Board for V8ST. He's been involved in motorsport for years and was involved with the redevelopment of the Taupo Motorsport Park.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3099672)   #1703
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it
Abbott is a Barrister based in Havelock North, and Chairman of the Board for V8ST. He's been involved in motorsport for years and was involved with the redevelopment of the Taupo Motorsport Park.
Chris Abbott is also a very accomplished racer in his own right who, along with his brother, prepared and raced some very nice Formula Ford's in the late 80's & 90's
Old 29 Jun 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3099680)   #1704
kiwiracer
Rookie

kiwiracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader View Post
Chris Abbott is also a very accomplished racer in his own right who, along with his brother, prepared and raced some very nice Formula Ford's in the late 80's & 90's
Thanks for that, a little hazy on whos who and backgrounds. Formula Ford back then was pretty good if I remember rightly, plenty of modern cars and bigs fields, a little different to today. Maybe NZST could have sometype of Single Seater class alongside the main class..
Old 29 Jun 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3099759)   #1705
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
i believe MP owns 51%.............................if he bails out this early then it opens up many scenarios....yes
You heard a whisper, yet never checked the companies website to see if true?

What's it like in simpleton?
Old 29 Jun 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3099773)   #1706
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
You heard a whisper, yet never checked the companies website to see if true?

What's it like in simpleton?
we will see......bookmark my post.........
Old 30 Jun 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3100110)   #1707
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
we will see......bookmark my post.........
What part? The 51 percent share holding by petch that doesn't exist?

Or the team leaders?
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3109570)   #1708
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
woohoo! exciting st stuff happened at the speedshow this week awesome! let's post all this exciting st stuff in here! let's get it on! yeah!
Old 21 Jul 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3109583)   #1709
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
What part? The 51 percent share holding by petch that doesn't exist?

Or the team leaders?
yep,my error there..is MP and another shareholder tryin to sell out....i see MP dropped as leader of the pack last week and meetings between parties of V8ST/MNZ and nzv8 re future combined possibilities during past few days..........
It will happen lads....sometime in the not too distant future all we be under one umbrella and you all will have to be nice to each other....
Old 21 Jul 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3109584)   #1710
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
sometime in the not too distant future all we be under one umbrella and you all will have to be nice to each other....
and where is the fun in that ???
Old 22 Jul 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3109594)   #1711
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
and where is the fun in that ???
Watching some people slither back under their rock only to re-emerge once again with a new skin and a new forum name suggesting that things are better now than one finding an unopened jar of Marmite in their pantry.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3110123)   #1712
Munroman
Rookie

Munroman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any information on how the LS7 engine and Quaiffe gearbox combination is holding up?
Old 23 Jul 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3110138)   #1713
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroman View Post
Does anyone have any information on how the LS7 engine and Quaiffe gearbox combination is holding up?
There have been issues with both.
There are/have been remedies for both also
Old 23 Jul 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3110408)   #1714
Munroman
Rookie

Munroman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by onza View Post
There have been issues with both.
There are/have been remedies for both also
Thanks for that. Anyone have any more info specifically on the issues?
Old 25 Jul 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3111425)   #1715
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm surprised nobody picked this up off the ST Facebook page:

Mark Petch, V8ST's Managing Director, unveiled the category's "Engine of the Future" at the CRC Speedshow and whilst the eye-catching new induction manifold with its eight individual intake runners may be some time away from making its appearance in the category, the new Dailey Engineering billet sump and integral dry sump pump have already been approved for fitment in time for the Pukekohe 500K race, and there are 25 units in production right now.

Dailey Engineering is the world's leading manufacturer and designers of custom made billet dry-sump pans and integrated pumps, said Petch. "We have been working with Bill Dailey for some time now and under Rob Benson the production is now underway to supply us with a purpose-built dry sump system that will eliminate some lubrication issues we previously suffered from.

"In the meantime, we will carry out extensive testing of Harrop Engineering's new Hurricane inlet manifold, so that we can progress to that unit hopefully in time for our 2013 season. It's a logical step as it’s a bolt-on component that raises horsepower in combination with the new dry sump to in excess of 600BHP at 6,500 RPM."

600 next season eh? That would, I would have thought, make them well and truly faster than a V8SC. And with a full grid getting up there in terms of spectcle too, although they just need a "loudener" on their exhausts...
Old 25 Jul 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3111444)   #1716
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Malcolm Finch, the 2011 Speedsport scholarship winner seems to have himself a V8Challenge Cup car now.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3111450)   #1717
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I'm surprised nobody picked this up off the ST Facebook page:

Mark Petch, V8ST's Managing Director, unveiled the category's "Engine of the Future" at the CRC Speedshow and whilst the eye-catching new induction manifold with its eight individual intake runners may be some time away from making its appearance in the category, the new Dailey Engineering billet sump and integral dry sump pump have already been approved for fitment in time for the Pukekohe 500K race, and there are 25 units in production right now.

Dailey Engineering is the world's leading manufacturer and designers of custom made billet dry-sump pans and integrated pumps, said Petch. "We have been working with Bill Dailey for some time now and under Rob Benson the production is now underway to supply us with a purpose-built dry sump system that will eliminate some lubrication issues we previously suffered from.

"In the meantime, we will carry out extensive testing of Harrop Engineering's new Hurricane inlet manifold, so that we can progress to that unit hopefully in time for our 2013 season. It's a logical step as it’s a bolt-on component that raises horsepower in combination with the new dry sump to in excess of 600BHP at 6,500 RPM."

600 next season eh? That would, I would have thought, make them well and truly faster than a V8SC. And with a full grid getting up there in terms of spectcle too, although they just need a "loudener" on their exhausts...
I love how the 'Car of Tomorrow' has a 'Engine of the Future'
'So i've heard' you can have the new donk for only 38K!, sweet add it to the 'optional' upgrade list you have to do to make the car reliable.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3111458)   #1718
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
'So i've heard' you can have the new donk for only 38K!, sweet add it to the 'optional' upgrade list you have to do to make the car reliable.
so what is the total cost of one of these fangled new Supertourer that were heralded as cheaper than the then current NZV8??

is the current train of thought that it's gonna be faster and more expensive than the Australian counterpart
Old 26 Jul 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3111459)   #1719
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so what is the total cost of one of these fangled new Supertourer that were heralded as cheaper than the then current NZV8??

is the current train of thought that it's gonna be faster and more expensive than the Australian counterpart
Again 'I heard' that a few had spent over 300K getting to R1 at Hampton. The meters been running ever since....
Old 26 Jul 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3111471)   #1720
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
By all accounts that's still cheaper than a current NZV8 engine to maintain, but if all it is is a new inlet manifold to bolt on then I very much doubt you have "heard" correctly.

But there is also the cost of the dry-sump improvements, so not sure what that would be. Can't see why either requires a new engine though, and as I have noticed that the cars all seem to have engines I can't imagine why you'd be replacing them in their entirety.

A driver friend of mine believes that the whole cooling/oil surge thing was all down to preparation and choice of lubricants anyway, including gearbox issues. They have had no problems to date because they prepare their car like a race car should be prepared - thoroughly.

Ironic though that the LS7 was chosen for the fact that it was dry-sumped off the shelf, given the issues to date I wonder if that decision had to be made now whether that would still be the unit of choice?
Old 26 Jul 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3111480)   #1721
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
600hp for next year! fantastic news

It does make you wonder that when the Supercars come here over the next 5 years, will we one day see the SuperTourer as the support category if the NZV8's dont get their act together?

It would be great to see/hear both classes in action if it could happen, and i think it would open the category up even further to some of our Aussie friends.

ST's just seem to be setting the pace in NZ at the moment (no pun intended) and by all accounts the CRC speedshow had a very professional feel to the ST stand while the NZV8 stand was just a painted VE (nicely painted though!) with a handful of production engines sitting outside the cars. Although i do realise that the VE did have an LS3 in it, but i would like to see if it had the TT g/box in it as well, and if the thing has been started up yet and actually driven?
Old 26 Jul 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3111481)   #1722
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:

Erm, suspect not (though I know you jest) - the cost of running a single V8SC for a season is over 5 times that - and let's face it, if you want to run in the top level of motorsport in NZ then I guess you won't be pleading poverty in the first place...
Old 26 Jul 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3111496)   #1723
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
It does make you wonder that when the Supercars come here over the next 5 years, will we one day see the SuperTourer as the support category if the NZV8's dont get their act together?
Nope, will never happen.

IF they are faster than a V8SC and look like a V8SC, there is no way thst TC will have them as a support to the main game.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 07:20 (Ref:3111518)   #1724
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Again 'I heard' that a few had spent over 300K getting to R1 at Hampton. The meters been running ever since....
and what was the original build cost expected to be, somewhere around 180-200K , wasn't it??
Old 26 Jul 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3111521)   #1725
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
and what was the original build cost expected to be, somewhere around 180-200K , wasn't it??
You might be quite interested to read Greg Lancaster's open letter in the other thread on MSNZ, he goes into the costs of the new NZV8 too...