Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Apr 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3635147)   #11
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The only reason I can see the race officials "passing the buck" by having Audi appeal is if they didn't understand what Audi Sport were trying to get at. I don't understand their reported explanation of low tire pressure at low speed vs it rubbing at high speeds under considerable downloads. I know that it's plausible, but how can you separate the Audi Sport scenario vs the possibly more common sense one?

Only reason I can see Audi Sport wasting their time with an appeal is if they figure that they can get the original penalty overturned or replaced by a sanction (such as a fine) to replace the DQ. IMO, this now seems fairly cut and dry considering that appeals of this nature have rarely worked out favorably for the teams involved. But even when the ACO seriously started to enforce this rule post LM 2011, it was still subject to interpretation on appeal or inquiry by ACO officials. Just remember Sebring 2013 when Audi had an obvious skid problem. IMSA (who were running to ACO LMP1 tech regs) nor the ACO penalized Audi because the excessive skid wear was due to obvious car damage.

But yet, I do wonder why Audi, unless they think that they can get the penalty overturned or reduced, would waste their time appealing, especially considering that this is looking more like a mistake on their part vs something strange.