Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Sep 2003, 12:44 (Ref:714048)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Onboard Vids

If you're interested in "onboard" footage, you may be interested in these:-

http://www.no-grip.org/filecatdisplay.php?subcatid=12

The GPL'ers will be interested in the Nurby footage, I suspect......

(I'm downloading it now!).
Old 10 Sep 2003, 12:54 (Ref:714054)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not just downloaded the Nurby lap, but watched it as well.

Just one word - awesome.

You must download this.......
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:45 (Ref:714276)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Strange, the link won't seem to work now - it definitely worked when I posted it......
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:46 (Ref:714279)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, it seems to be an internal error on the site itself.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:59 (Ref:714400)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the link Ayse, it seems to be up again, downloading Nurb '73 now.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 18:02 (Ref:714405)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its well worth a watch. Not great quality - onboard cameras were not quite the same in 1973, but the sensation of speed and the bee-hive buzz of that engine is something else......
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:27 (Ref:714724)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
can someone put a libk to the Onboard lap of LeMans with the 956 .... ..

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:36 (Ref:714735)   #8
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some top rally footage on this site as well...........
Thanx for the link dude
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:37 (Ref:714737)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't know that Jackie Stewart had such a squeeky voice, he sounds alot like a chipmunk!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 11:46 (Ref:714941)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth

I've got in on "In-Car 956" (the video), but I've not seen it on the internet yet.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 19:55 (Ref:715541)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, why didn't i discover this thread earlier! Downloading now(
Old 12 Sep 2003, 07:23 (Ref:715941)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any ideas how I should mount a small digital camcorder to my kart so I can get some onboard shots?? It does have a tripod, but Im worried about cushioning the vibration.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 07:27 (Ref:715945)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I've got in on "In-Car 956" (the video), but I've not seen it on the internet yet.
it is on the internet . cause i've downloaded it last year i think from a link wich i found on ten-tenths . but i've lost the video . and the link and i can't find it ..

Last edited by Dani Filth; 12 Sep 2003 at 07:30.

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:20 (Ref:716049)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ghinzani
Anyone got any ideas how I should mount a small digital camcorder to my kart so I can get some onboard shots?? It does have a tripod, but Im worried about cushioning the vibration. [/QUOTE

I have no idea! I tried that once and the damn camera almost went for a flier of its own. Had to stop in the middle of the lap to save it. The anti-shock mechanism wasn't quite up to the job either. It needed more of an anti-ass kicking mechanism. Ask at your local kart shop, I Imagine they would have tried it.

Thanks for the link Ayse! Great video that.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:13 (Ref:716830)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found this page of photos of F1 cars on British circuits during the 60's

http://www.wheelsarchives.freeserve....03/page03.html

Some really nice shots there.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 20:14 (Ref:738445)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can't seem to get into RSC for some reason at the moment, but earlier this evening I downloaded some more in-car (in-Porsche) video footage from the Nurburgring. Again, Nurby fans (and GPL'ers, I'm sure) will want to see it. As and when I can get into RSC again, I put up the link, but it's easy enough to find there.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:02 (Ref:738477)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
When were you last in RSC?

Have you been trying througha bookmarked link?

Recently RSC has undergone some major changes, it all looks totally different.

The GPL forum link is now

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
Old 3 Oct 2003, 06:01 (Ref:738813)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was down last night.

Here's the link to the Ring vid.

Stippler vid

Last edited by Aysedasi; 22 Apr 2004 at 12:36.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 13:31 (Ref:739334)   #19
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
I've got that video and the Le mans and Nurburgring footage remains some of the best anyone will see ever from a race car. Parts of the rest are still great too but Le Mans, lap 1 of the two check out the acceleration from the pit lane onto the circuit and under the Dunlop bridge, then both laps Mulsanne Straight, particularly lap 1 with camera from further back in the cockpit (not close up to the screen). Wild. 380k+!! Flat stick for nigh on 30 secs IIRC on Mulsanne then the braking!! And these Stuttgart weapons do this lap after lap for 24hrs?? Staggering...

Last edited by Mattracer; 3 Oct 2003 at 13:33.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 11:18 (Ref:740230)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I love In-Car 956, but if you like Bell's lap of the Ring, download and watch the Stippler video above - sensational stuff!
Old 4 Oct 2003, 16:29 (Ref:740388)   #21
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy ****! That Stippler vid is just brilliant. Jaw dropping in fact! Thank you for that link.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 5 Oct 2003, 08:33 (Ref:740824)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Told you.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 09:20 (Ref:943889)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Stefan Röß on RSC has just posted a link to this fantastic page full of Motorbiking vids, including a complete lap of the Isle Of Man TT circuit with Steve Hislop in 1994!

here's the link:
http://www.daidegas.it/Video/NEW%20V...ck%20video.htm
Old 19 Apr 2004, 14:54 (Ref:944229)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, p!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 15:21 (Ref:944268)   #25
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
bummer, the IOM vid is corrupted
Stops after about 5 minutes...
Still worht seeing just that bit tho!

Last edited by pirenzo; 19 Apr 2004 at 15:22.