Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2568562)   #1476
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon's not given up hope of the 2010 British Grand Prix yet, and even if it doesn't happen next year, he's out get the 2011 British grand Prix :-

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...l/article.html
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2568581)   #1477
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The man can only be described as a certified nut job.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2568592)   #1478
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut job
In a statement, Donington Ventures Leisure said that the failure to secure £120m from a bond issue was an "unexpected blow".
So that's "unexpected" as in 'Ooh - the sun has just come up in the East - I wasn't expecting that.'

Jim
Old 24 Oct 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2568647)   #1479
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
From one certified nut job to another. Bernie's not compromising on the 'commercially unviable' deal he offered Silverstone 18 months ago, so it looks very much like there won't be a British GP next year.

Bernie's discussions with Silverstone
Old 24 Oct 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2568651)   #1480
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"...ah, we don't need our traditional markets, we're creating new ones..."

Hudson's Bay Company circa 1980

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 24 Oct 2009 at 12:48.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2568654)   #1481
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernie's bartering. Don't read anything into that. He's just trying to force the BRDC into a compromise
Old 24 Oct 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2568656)   #1482
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
Bernie is now prepared to scrap the 2010 British Grand Prix altogether : -

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...24093032.shtml
If Bernie is prepared to scrap the British GP, perhaps British fans should scrap their interest in F1 and the BBC scrap their contract with Bernie...

Then he can have more events held in the middle of the desert watched only by a few Arab billionaries and the odd goat.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2568658)   #1483
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Then he can have more events held in the middle of the desert watched only by a few Arab billionaries and the odd goat.
Oh, you've met that goat too? I thought he was a bit strange.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2568745)   #1484
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Greem, found the pictures (on ****************** under the heading Donington redevelopment after scrolling down)

There is a lot of work to be done before the track itself is useable but a good civils contractor could have it done in a few weeks as soemone has said above. With the construction industry quiet at the moment there would be not problem getting it done, especially if your name is Wheatcroft. I agree with whovere said above that there can be a limited programme of National races next year but they need to get rid of Gillett and co.

Sad to see a great circuit spoiled by an over ambitious plan by someone who, so far as I know, has not real long term connection with the sport.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2568748)   #1485
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange auto edit?

Can't say that I happy with that
Old 24 Oct 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2568779)   #1486
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Thanks Greem, found the pictures (on ****************** under the heading Donington redevelopment after scrolling down)

There is a lot of work to be done before the track itself is useable but a good civils contractor could have it done in a few weeks as soemone has said above. With the construction industry quiet at the moment there would be not problem getting it done, especially if your name is Wheatcroft. I agree with whovere said above that there can be a limited programme of National races next year but they need to get rid of Gillett and co.

Sad to see a great circuit spoiled by an over ambitious plan by someone who, so far as I know, has not real long term connection with the sport.
What is the URL? If you can break it up into seperate words you can by-pass the auto-edit.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2568795)   #1487
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What is the URL? If you can break it up into seperate words you can by-pass the auto-edit.
www.
sutton-images.
com
/searchresult.asp?search=F10323

You know how to bolt that together!
Old 24 Oct 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2568806)   #1488
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They get upset with you defeating the auto censor on here :-(

What you can do is to use the URL link function - its an icon next to the bold/italic/underscore icons on quick reply.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2568807)   #1489
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
www.
sutton-images.
com
/searchresult.asp?search=F10323

You know how to bolt that together!
Sure do. Ty.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2568849)   #1490
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Ah small things amuse small minds... It even cencors it when hidden in [URL] tags...

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2568850)   #1491
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
edit please delete - he noticed before i had chance to point it out.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2568873)   #1492
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
This is what Bernie had to say about the British GP being held at Silverstone in 2010; I got this from the BBC website.

"We are not prepared to charge less. Do we need a British Grand Prix? No"
Old 24 Oct 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2568874)   #1493
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Ah small things amuse small minds... It even cencors it when hidden in [URL] tags...
Ah well I take back what I said earlier. Maybe Keith Sutton's had a word about use of 'his' images on forums like 10-10ths. Mod's you may be due an apology
Old 24 Oct 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2568906)   #1494
old man
Veteran

England
UK
Mods: I am really not happy with that auto edit, why is it required please?
Old 24 Oct 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2568935)   #1495
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Ah well I take back what I said earlier. Maybe Keith Sutton's had a word about use of 'his' images on forums like 10-10ths. Mod's you may be due an apology
If we were linking direct to an image I'd understand, but we're trying to send people to Sutton's site to look at the gallery associated with the Donington news item!

Nothing underhand, no deep linking, no direct image insertions.

Ho hum.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2568936)   #1496
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think the problem is with Sutton's own website, We are looking into it..
Old 24 Oct 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2568941)   #1497
NLaskey
Rookie

England
Co Durham UK
NLaskey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ah! I thought it was only me thought that Peter...
Old 24 Oct 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2568963)   #1498
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think the problem is with Sutton's own website, We are looking into it..
I think you're right. It's not the easiest one to navigate.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2569364)   #1499
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The situation appears to be much worse than we thought.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39409
Old 25 Oct 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2569377)   #1500
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The situation appears to be much worse than we thought.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39409
Actually that's much, much better.

It makes it clear that the present DVLL cannot continue and we will be shot of them. The burden of debt will be extinguished, leaving new leaseholders to negotiate with Tom for a sensible deal to rectify the "damage" done to the facilities and get going again asap.

I just hope that the friends of mine who are owed money/salary are protected during the collapse.

I've just had my P45 from Donington (I have done a few days providing rescue coverage for some special testing days) so feel that marks some kind of finish to the present arrangements.

Bring it on.

Regards

Jim