Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Nov 2000, 21:49 (Ref:49914)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i noticed a post on atlas about him, and seeing as i used to have a mad crush on him, i figured it might be nice to ask about why he quit f1.

i've heard a few things about it. family problems, that nasty crash, dodgy dealings, etc.

anyone got any ideas about what went wrong?

he's doing tc2000 now in argentina, and not doing too badly, in case you wondered.
Old 26 Nov 2000, 00:49 (Ref:49933)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
alot of rumors went around about young mr tuero..it was a shame that he left F1 after only one year but there were rumors of illegal substance abuse and was forced by mr Minardi to pack his things and leave F1.

these are just rumors i might add and i have no personal proof of such wrong doings and i hope that these rumors were wrong..but if they were true then of course he had no place in F1 or any race car for that matter.
Old 26 Nov 2000, 17:23 (Ref:49980)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard everything from terror at the big accident he had at the last race of his F1 career, to an affair with Craig Pollock! Tuero has repeatedly said that he will not disclose the reason he left without ceremony, which probably means it is part of a settlement agreement.

However, I would reckon you could find out from Niki Lauda. He's the one that knows all the pitlane gossip.
Old 27 Nov 2000, 19:01 (Ref:50045)   #4
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There you go again Liz. So you have heard everything from ... to an affair with Craig Pollock. If you have a source, but are too discrete to discuss it, then you should be too discrete to mention it.

I don't think you hear this type of innuendo, I think you invent it.
Old 29 Nov 2000, 00:43 (Ref:50232)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually that rumour I heard on this website, by a person called "fatbloke" who used to post here.

Quite possibly he or she was being funny. Who knows? But it was something I heard, and is qualified therefore as a bona fide rumour.
Old 29 Nov 2000, 12:22 (Ref:50295)   #6
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In an interview with an italian magazine (I can't remember its name), Esteban told that he just couldn't stand F-1 no more. The mafia-like agreements, the intrigues and so on.
He left F-1 for his love to it and his idealism has to be seen with great respect!
An interview that impressed me much...didn't Tuero drive in the argentinian VW-Lupo-Cup last year?
Old 29 Nov 2000, 15:13 (Ref:50321)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i heard the illegal substances thing too, but aww, he's to cute for that.....

an affair with craig pollock? maybe that's the answer..

i couldn't believe it was just because he was chicken. nor because he's a wimp about the mafia side of it all (well, he is only a small chap..maybe he looked at the wong pit babe..).

i read a little comment in autosport that amused me. 'you can ask me 60 times and i won't say why i left'. sounded like a little girl...i'll skweem and skweem till i'm sick...
Old 29 Nov 2000, 15:33 (Ref:50323)   #8
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a bit off the topic of the post, but anyway:

I was just wondering - Tuero was precisely 20 when he raced for Minardi. How did he get a superlicence??
Old 30 Nov 2000, 00:51 (Ref:50381)   #9
Liz
Veteran

That was what startled me - that he was so adamant that he would not disclose why he left. Made me think somebody had threatened him or perhaps he'd stumbled across something he didn't want to know anything about.

But perhaps some day he'll write a book.
Old 30 Nov 2000, 18:26 (Ref:50498)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a pity because Tuero is a talented guy who deserved longer in F1. But his decision is his and he obviously knows something we don't.

Either that or Mr. Pollock dumped him for Jacques...

Old 30 Nov 2000, 23:25 (Ref:50561)   #11
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The reason he left is because he didn't like the fact that the Argentine press kept making fun of him...he didn't like being in the lime-life and really didn't like all the bad jokes. You know the ones that GB & US F1 race reporters make on backmarkers...