Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 31 Aug 2001, 19:48 (Ref:139170)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vancouver still on books

Vancouver and CART has signed a contract to continue the race in the Pacific Northwest city for the next three years. Good for the NW Canadian CART fans.
Old 1 Sep 2001, 00:18 (Ref:139374)   #2
Arneal
Racer

Arneal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vancouver and Toronto are both signed up through 2004, Montreal through 2006. Maybe they should change the meaning of the 'C' in CART to Canadian!

Congrats to Tags on his top practice time.
Old 1 Sep 2001, 04:32 (Ref:139452)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like most street tracks, there always complaints from the locals around the Vancouver track... The track runs nearby a ton of high priced condominiums... Despite the fact, that it is even written into their contracts that there will be noisy cars around 3 days a year, they still feel the need to complain bloody murder to the city...

Toronto has the same problem, but there aren't as many condos near the track, so not as many to complain...

I'm glad to see the extra races, and looking forward to the Champ cars on Isle. Notre Dame, a great track.
Old 1 Sep 2001, 05:36 (Ref:139459)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe...on the Gold Coast, the unit owners either love the car races, or rent out their place at extremely high prices
Old 1 Sep 2001, 09:14 (Ref:139496)   #5
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have got to give credit to the citizens of Vancouver; as soon as it looked like they may lose their race they began to petition and lobby CART to save their Molson Indy.
I'm glad CART was listening. Even though the track layout is a bit tedious with few passing opportunities, the enthuasiam of the fans is amazing and Vancouver deserves their race.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 16:58 (Ref:140669)   #6
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vancouver is a boring road course, you cant pass!!
Its almost as boring as the Toronto race. Once they come here to Montréal 2002 they will see how a race is suppose to be held..
Montréal will quickly become the jewel of Cart racing in Canada.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 04:18 (Ref:141547)   #7
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Jimmyz360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Toronto is the best road course on the schedule by far, i was watching it and boy that is one of the greatest races ive ever seen. Now vancouver was a different story...one place doesnt work too well. You can tell the race was boring because for the first half of the race no one passed or could pass...but then when people tried to pass they ended up ramming eachother off the road and in barriers. I like one of the quotes by the owners...its like a demolition derby out there. They definitely need to improve vancouver, and how about all that hatred and love between french and regular canadians...jesh...u guys are exactly the same. U guys act like u guys have big differences.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:35 (Ref:141737)   #8
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmyz360
and how about all that hatred and love between french and regular canadians...jesh...u guys are exactly the same. U guys act like u guys have big differences.
You saving French aren't regular Canadians? Hey Buddy we discoverd this Counrty , remember that?
That is the main reason why we want to seperate. I have worked out west and unfortunately most are rednecks and dont understand the French or just dont give a hoot.

All I said was that Toronto and Vancouver are boring races and they ARE big time!! Maybe you just hate the fact that Montréal is the Racing capital of Canada. I havent seen a Regular Canadian make F1 yet only 2 Quebecers so far..lol. Also 2 Quebecers in Cart, the Regular Canadian is P. Tracy and we all know how much people like him?...

Vive le Québec Libre.