Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Feb 2002, 21:12 (Ref:220866)   #1
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
best pitcrew in 2001 ?

I know someone was keeping record of this but don't know who/where.

What team was most accurate overall in 2001? so fastest pitstops and no feckups during the stop?

anyone?
Old 22 Feb 2002, 21:34 (Ref:220895)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to say. Nothing major AFAIK. At least Ferrari didn't entertain us for the wrong reasons.

Although having both Ferraris wait in the pits during the Malaysian GP could have been disastrous.

I know that problems with the refuelling rig cost BAR third place at Interlagos (although I'm sure someone will come up with a dozen examples of the 'rig failing on Juan Montoya costing him a win ) but then that happened with most teams at some point.

Didn't one of the 2001 rookies come in for a pitstop when the team had actually called in his team-mate?

Anyway, those aren't actually relevant to the pitcrew's performance, I can't think of anything at the moment. I heard that the Williams pitcrew was a bit slow but I may be wrong.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 22 Feb 2002, 22:16 (Ref:220965)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite

I know that problems with the refuelling rig cost BAR third place at Interlagos (although I'm sure someone will come up with a dozen examples of the 'rig failing on Juan Montoya costing him a win ) but then that happened with most teams at some point.

didn't wanna disappoint ya nick...........but i don't recall most teams losing the possibility of a win out of it!
Old 22 Feb 2002, 22:25 (Ref:220974)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
I remember our favourite driver Gaston Mazzacane (remember him? Where is he now?) was "unlucky with the fuel rig" at Malaysia. Or something like that. I think Minardi had similar problems too, though I don't know when.

Surely someone can recall if it lost Montoya any races ?
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 23 Feb 2002, 15:16 (Ref:221244)   #5
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best pitcrew? WILLIAMS, they never let any rig, or a driver stalled, always fast and efficient service.

Nick, Mazzacane is in Argentina racing TM
Old 23 Feb 2002, 21:16 (Ref:221361)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by facco
The best pitcrew? WILLIAMS, they never let any rig, or a driver stalled, always fast and efficient service.
just like dc's pit crew at france......'98??? thats was soooo funny!! providing your not a dc/mclaren fan of course!

it obviously tickled bernie, he put a fuel pump outside the macca's garage at the next race, so that it would be the first thing ron saw!
Old 24 Feb 2002, 08:26 (Ref:221589)   #7
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
What happened then?
Old 25 Feb 2002, 03:04 (Ref:222128)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I remember our favourite driver Gaston Mazzacane (remember him? Where is he now?)
Also we Argentinians not are sure where is Gastón. I read that perhaps he will return to sportscars (calling Lavaggi to go back to his team?).
Old 25 Feb 2002, 04:58 (Ref:222148)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by facco
Yep!! For sure the best. They even jacked up Ralf's car at the start line to preserve the tyres for him.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 09:21 (Ref:222183)   #10
Fluffster
Rookie

Fluffster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Didn't one of the 2001 rookies come in for a pitstop when the team had actually called in his team-mate?
Tomas Enge came in for an unexpected pitstop after reading the Minardi pit board, can't remember in which race though.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 09:22 (Ref:222185)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minardi are always kings of pitstops. Why?

Because most of the time they haven't had bugger all money to replace components, so while teams bring new sets to each race, Minardi had to make do. And yet they still managed to perfect their stops most of the time.

However, for speed and reliability, McLaren/Ferrari get my vote. But let's not forget Ferrari have an advantage with Brawn!
Old 25 Feb 2002, 10:14 (Ref:222207)   #12
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think over the years that the Williams team stuffs up the most (out of the front running teams) I have seen more Williams wheels fall off after pit stops than any other team.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 11:46 (Ref:222240)   #13
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure the best pit crew is either Ferrari or Renault. Benetton have a legendary history in fast pit stops especially between 94-96. (Not including Verstappen Pit fire.)
As for Williams. What the hell are you talking about?!
No big balls up in the stops this year but ever since the introduction of fuel stops in 94 Williams have been the kings of **** pit strategies and medeochre pit stops
Old 25 Feb 2002, 16:10 (Ref:222360)   #14
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi, my comment was just a joke.
Williams team, Kings of Pitstops

For the Mazzacane Affair, I have been told that his dad was to put some money into the PSN TV network in order to keep f1 broadcast for latin america (mmmmm but PSN had declared its bankrupt few weeks ago, after Prost's dimission from f1.)

Latin america almost lost f1 coverage, now we're getting FOX but that notice is not confirmed

Last edited by facco; 25 Feb 2002 at 16:13.