Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3412600)   #301
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waahhhh!!!!!

I am really going to miss this!

Make sure soeone takes photos for me, oh and someone bring me back rillettes
Old 30 May 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3412601)   #302
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Le Mans 2014 Traditional Ten-Tenths Meeting Thread

You can have mine, Helen...... . Can't believe you're not going to make it!!
Old 30 May 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3412602)   #303
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You can have mine, Helen...... . Can't believe you're not going to make it!!
Me either but teaching is hard work and I just can't get organised enough to have a weekend off
Old 30 May 2014, 07:34 (Ref:3412605)   #304
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh well looks like i will have a lonely trip down, waving at the others in their cars and no one to look after me in the campsite, well if anyone wants a free trip to le mans, let me know you just have to buy your ticket and food/drink
Old 30 May 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3412653)   #305
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damned

you'll be alone during the trip ?
it's can be sad and make the trip longer.
when you arrive in la mans ?

i'll be on holidays on 12th june but i'll work in St saturnin for the brisitsh welcome on the saturday morning and free after.
you can Mp me and i'll give you my phone number
Laurent
Old 30 May 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3412657)   #306
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It is not as bad as it sounds, Ian and Kevin will be in one car and Others in the old bus plus meeting more at Cheriton for the tunnel on tuesday morning. So on the gentle journey down (the 30 year old 250k bus is not capable of anything over 60mph) might be a bit of swapping around so may have a passenger some of the way. Will will be at St saturin on friday and on Wednesday hoping to meet a few people at lunch time in Le chartre sur le loire at the hotel de france
Old 30 May 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3412659)   #307
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Paris

ok !
i'll in Paris for the work on wednesday.
you'll fin good wine in la Chartre

and for the St Saturnin i'll be somewhere to help cars to park, i'll will do that until 13 o'clock. Then i'll be free to eat at the bristish welcome and gat a bottle of champagne there. I think i'll go then near de bugatti to be at the mad friday and then i'll go in Le Mans to have fun to
Old 30 May 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3412929)   #308
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear, it's only 11 days before my flight to Paris. I could post instructions how do you recognize me in the village, but I won't do it until I've succesfully collected my tickets (wherever the ACO chooses to locate the will call window).

No, I'm not going to wear a tuxedo, I've already decided what to wear on Saturday, it's just a combination of certain kind of cap and certain kind of t-shirt.
Old 31 May 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3412958)   #309
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as we're flying in, and packing light, I'll have to pick up something French. Maybe some cider from Normandy I have heard about.

That is, if we make it (tickets not in hand yet, argh!)
Old 31 May 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3413061)   #310
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
i crosse my fingers

i didn't buy my tickets yet but i live in le mans so easy to have one
i'll have one with my wife who work near the bugatti she's got one free and i'll buy mine next week and get my new ACO card.

if you want something i can get you before you leave USA just ask me, i'll be a pleasure to help you.
Old 31 May 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3413216)   #311
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
I'll have to pick up something French. Maybe some cider from Normandy I have heard about.
Calvados (Apple brandy from Normandy area)??

Am thinking perhaps as we live in Clacton I could bring some rock for those with a sweet tooth!
Old 31 May 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3413223)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you bring Calvados I might have to forget that I've taken the pledge.....
Old 31 May 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3413227)   #313
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If you bring Calvados I might have to forget that I've taken the pledge.....
Different telephone code; doesn't count!
Old 31 May 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3413254)   #314
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough.
Old 31 May 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3413350)   #315
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I am going to try to bring some good Texas booze for ya'll.
Old 31 May 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3413352)   #316
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Seeing as we're flying in, and packing light, I'll have to pick up something French. Maybe some cider from Normandy I have heard about.

That is, if we make it (tickets not in hand yet, argh!)
Definitely go for the Calvados. If you like your spirits and know how to enjoy a nice whiskey or Cognac, you'll love Calvados.

You could go for a typical french cheese like a fine Epoisses, but then something like this might happen on the flight back home: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-9465341.html

Old 31 May 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3413357)   #317
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Definitely go for the Calvados. If you like your spirits and know how to enjoy a nice whiskey or Cognac, you'll love Calvados.

You could go for a typical french cheese like a fine Epoisses, but then something like this might happen on the flight back home: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-9465341.html

Epoisses is a strong and smelly (very smelly) French cheese, but certainly not typical. It's impossible to carry it in a car. Taking it on a flight will drive to an emergency landing with oxygen masks on passengers nose. Believe me. But it tastes fine.
Old 31 May 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3413360)   #318
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I am going to try to bring some good Texas booze for ya'll.
You are welcome Stampchez ; will you bring bourbon like rblanshard intends to do ? We like it.
Old 31 May 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3413361)   #319
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Epoisses is a strong and smelly (very smelly) French cheese, but certainly not typical. It's impossible to carry it in a car. Taking it on a flight will drive to an emergency landing with oxygen masks on passengers nose. Believe me. But it tastes fine.
I once brought some Epoisses with us back to Holland from a holiday in the Bourgogne. I took a plastic bag and duckt taped the whole lot to the towing hook of our car so we were allways in front of the smell!
Old 31 May 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3413363)   #320
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Waahhhh!!!!!

I am really going to miss this!

Make sure soeone takes photos for me, oh and someone bring me back rillettes
Oh no - who is going to keep your Dad under control?

We'll be thinking of you Helen slaving away at your lesson plans listening to RLM.
Old 31 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3413364)   #321
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You are welcome Stampchez ; will you bring bourbon like rblanshard intends to do ? We like it.
I can definitely do that.
Old 31 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3413365)   #322
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I might just bring some breathalysers for those leaving the meeting

Everyone will be steaming at this rate!
Old 31 May 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3413375)   #323
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
Titos, my favorite vodka comes from your neck of the woods.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3413567)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I might just bring some breathalysers for those leaving the meeting

Everyone will be steaming at this rate!
And totally out of it by midnight!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3413799)   #325
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
and if someone goes to Pommery bar then