Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3398206)   #126
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Is anyone who is planning to be at the meet up going to Spa next weekend?

I saw the poster for Spa (the one with Mark Webber on it) and thought it was one of the coolest racing posters I've seen (reminds me of a movie poster).

Would someone be so kind as to pick me up one of these posters if you're going to Spa??? Pretty please??? Plus, if you were able to get Mr. Webber to sign it that would be especially cool!

I'll either pay you back the cost of the poster, or if you'd rather, I could offer a Sebring poster in trade (those are pretty darn cool posters too!)

Thanks in advance!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3398216)   #127
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
More importantly only 46 days until i leave for my annual holiday
Old 25 Apr 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3398258)   #128
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Is anyone who is planning to be at the meet up going to Spa next weekend?

I saw the poster for Spa (the one with Mark Webber on it) and thought it was one of the coolest racing posters I've seen (reminds me of a movie poster).

Would someone be so kind as to pick me up one of these posters if you're going to Spa??? Pretty please??? Plus, if you were able to get Mr. Webber to sign it that would be especially cool!

I'll either pay you back the cost of the poster, or if you'd rather, I could offer a Sebring poster in trade (those are pretty darn cool posters too!)

Thanks in advance!
Happy to try and get you one, but the one of these posters you really want is the big billboard size one they usually put up in downtown Liege at this time of day.

There's something wonderful about driving along the river through the town and seeing the big Spa Sportscar promo posters in prime position.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3400143)   #129
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear, it's only 42 days now. Btw. what's the current price of diesel per litre in France? Because I have to drive quite a lot during my visit in France, I booked a compact sized diesel car. Unless Hertz guys don't try to make me upgrade the vehicle
Old 30 Apr 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3400146)   #130
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Oh dear, it's only 42 days now. Btw. what's the current price of diesel per litre in France? Because I have to drive quite a lot during my visit in France, I booked a compact sized diesel car. Unless Hertz guys don't try to make me upgrade the vehicle
Here you can see the price everywhere in France : http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/
Actully around 1,30€ in La Sarthe.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3400150)   #131
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Here you can see the price everywhere in France : http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/
Thank you very much. Doesn't look too bad since it's still cheaper than in Finland. Diesel is around 1,50 € here and gasoline is between 1,59 and 1,75 depending on the rating (E10 or E5) and E85 is around 1,10 €.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3400151)   #132
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Well that is still a load cheaper than the UK where cheapest diesel is £1.35
Old 30 Apr 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3400162)   #133
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well that is still a load cheaper than the UK where cheapest diesel is £1.35
Honestly, UK is quite expensive in general compared to the rest of the EU. Norway and Switzerland are more expensive, but they've chosen not to be part of the Union.
Old 1 May 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3400370)   #134
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
this is waaaaaayyyy too much information, but...

i don't know what hertz will give you, but i've had almost all of avis france's compact diesel cars this winter and taken them on 4 hour round trips up into the mountains (admittedly beyond a usual le mans drive ) as well as motorway miles.

in fuel economy terms the most economical is the peugeot 208 (or is it 209 now, whatever it was it ran on air, not diesel, it was insane), followed by the renault clio (marginally worse) and ford fiesta (35€ instead of 30€ for huge mileage). the quickest when leaving the peage was the fiesta

worst by far was a fiat 500+. totally rubbish fuel economy, slow as a boat on dry land and about as comfortable as sitting on granite. only slightly more room than the clio too. if the weather's going to be rubbish try asking if an estate is available in case you need to put the seats down and sleep in it

regarding fuel prices, the uk isn't so bad for petrol, we're actually reasonably square in the middle (going to italy and germany makes me cry ) but our diesel is far too expensive. you have to wonder how our road haulage industry survives at all
Old 1 May 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3400386)   #135
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this is waaaaaayyyy too much information, but...

i don't know what hertz will give you, but i've had almost all of avis france's compact diesel cars this winter and taken them on 4 hour round trips up into the mountains (admittedly beyond a usual le mans drive ) as well as motorway miles.

in fuel economy terms the most economical is the peugeot 208 (or is it 209 now, whatever it was it ran on air, not diesel, it was insane), followed by the renault clio (marginally worse) and ford fiesta (35€ instead of 30€ for huge mileage). the quickest when leaving the peage was the fiesta

worst by far was a fiat 500+. totally rubbish fuel economy, slow as a boat on dry land and about as comfortable as sitting on granite. only slightly more room than the clio too. if the weather's going to be rubbish try asking if an estate is available in case you need to put the seats down and sleep in it

regarding fuel prices, the uk isn't so bad for petrol, we're actually reasonably square in the middle (going to italy and germany makes me cry ) but our diesel is far too expensive. you have to wonder how our road haulage industry survives at all
My choice was "Peugeot 308 or similar". I have no idea what the 'similar' would be...but I was a bit disappointed when there wasn't any non-premium intermediate cars available when I booked the car. So quite a gap between compact/economy and premium intermediate. And of course then there's convertibles, Fun Collection etc. but I think those won't be my choises this time.
Old 1 May 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3400388)   #136
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
My choice was "Peugeot 308 or similar". I have no idea what the 'similar' would be...but I was a bit disappointed when there wasn't any non-premium intermediate cars available when I booked the car. So quite a gap between compact/economy and premium intermediate. And of course then there's convertibles, Fun Collection etc. but I think those won't be my choises this time.
Why on earth not it will be warm and sunny in June
Old 1 May 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3400390)   #137
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think the only bit that's right with the "fun collection" name is that they're fun if you end up with one, but it's not fun to pay out more to have one
Old 1 May 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3400398)   #138
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
If they had a Camaro Convertible with the same price as it was in Canada (700 CAD per week) I'd take it without hesitation.

That feeling when you go 100k and engine is almost idling..
Old 1 May 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3400426)   #139
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
That feeling when you go 100k and engine is almost idling..
...is one you're immediately glad you don't have to pay european fuel prices for
Old 1 May 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3400436)   #140
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Why on earth not it will be warm and sunny in June
The same question each year
Old 1 May 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3400448)   #141
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I promise to bring some Texas sunshine with me.
Old 1 May 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3400453)   #142
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Is that another brand of that rather nice booze you bring
Old 1 May 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3400459)   #143
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Ontario sunshine is enough for me. I mean Ontario in June. Not January.
Old 1 May 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3400534)   #144
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The members who wrote they will attend the meeting are so far :
AllonFS
ATLFalconsFAN
Aysedasi
batmobile
bella
BudLightJaguar
claude2cv
CTD
Elaviel
eps
Gingers4Justice
GT6
GTfour
isynge
kpkorsager
Le Vieux
lemansfan
Mal
nobster
PascaLM
rblanshard
Simmi
tonypowe
Truckosaurus
Victor_RO
vincegail
wewantourdarbyback
whitemr2
Some other regulars or new members will certainly get to the meeting.
Old 2 May 2014, 07:31 (Ref:3400617)   #145
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's 28 members! - Quite a good show, and your right Pascal, more will come
Old 2 May 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3400627)   #146
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There are several people who will be there missing from the list, bentley3, Tim the grey so i think we could be over 40 this year
Old 2 May 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3400655)   #147
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There are several people who will be there missing from the list, bentley3, Tim the grey so i think we could be over 40 this year
I do hope James and Tim will be here.
Old 2 May 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3400686)   #148
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
over 40... means a very long table...
Old 2 May 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3400691)   #149
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think we will have to accept what ever table we get and queue in the traditional way, let us hope that the weather is kind and everyone brings something to share
Old 2 May 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3400693)   #150
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
we are bringing a local spirit with us.