Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 29 Feb 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3032966)   #1
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello running the full IndyCar season for KV Racing

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ndycar-series/

The official announcement from KV will be tomorrow (Thu 3/1/12). Considering the amount of testing Rubens has done, along with seat fitting and such with the guys at KV, this is no surprise.

Personally, I think it's great for all involved. Rubens F1 career has been waning for several years, so this keeps him on the race track. In addition, a storied F1 driver coming to race IndyCar will surely help boost the series to some degree. Pundits argue about how much of a boost.
Personally, I'll be honored to meet Rubens at Barber in a few weeks and shake his hand, welcoming him to America.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3033059)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Can't wait!

Was already looking forward to the season, but now it's been added to Sky Sports F1, too, and we have a Rubens, i'm even happier!

Selby
Old 29 Feb 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3033086)   #3
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barrichello good day tommorrow, contract KV Racing

Adding Rubens Barrichello to the IndyCar Series would be a promotional coup, but its top drivers are more interested in going head-to-head with the F1 veteran.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3033097)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Good. That he's chosen to have a crack at the unfamiliar ovals is a testament to a true sportsman. Best of luck to him this year.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3033346)   #5
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news for the series, it will be interesting to see how he goes. Plus fills some of the promotional void left by Danica
Old 1 Mar 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3033378)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rubens to Indy Car actually brings some interest back to this series for me.

And welcome to you, mythoughtsareracing.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3033524)   #7
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
And welcome to you, mythoughtsareracing.
Muchas gracias.

It's nice to be welcomed with open arms when you've been exiled fomr somewhere else.
(Long story)
Old 1 Mar 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3033600)   #8
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now officially confirmed!
http://kvracingtechnology.homestead....ss_030112.html
Old 4 Mar 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3034784)   #9
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The last time a really major F1 driver came to Indy car racing was Mansell in 1993. While Barrichello doesn't have the same pulling power Nigel had in Europe his presence in indycar could be something that will lift Indycar's reputation amongst the European racing community if nothing else.

If handled well it could be a major assistance in South America and even in some Brazilian communities in the US.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3034842)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I say all the best to Rubens, I really hope he does well. One of the sport's gentlemen who I remember watching and meeting way back in his F3 days.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3035561)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm looking forward to seeing how he will adapt to the ovals, and how competitive he can be against Tony in general. With a new car, engine supply competition and several strong teams, this has all the potential to be a great IndyCar season, but I can't help thinking the usual promotional issues and the NASCAR juggernaut might limit its overall impact on the US masses.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3035623)   #12
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought his wife said no ovals? Anyone know what happend there?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 5 Mar 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3035687)   #13
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
I thought his wife said no ovals? Anyone know what happend there?
The story I heard was that Rubens talked to his kids, and got them to speak to her on his behalf...
Old 8 Mar 2012, 02:38 (Ref:3036787)   #14
Truenorth
Rookie

Canada
Northern Alberta
Truenorth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't too dangerous before he was a multi-millionaire with international fame, but now it is too dangeous when he has more experience than anyone? hmmm

Even as a devout tifosi, I still feel bad the way Rubinho was treated while teamed with Schumi. I know that it was his job to come second and that he accepted that, but that job wasn't fair to his skill level.

To have Rubinho enter a rejuvenated Indycar, in a team of apparent friends, with respect from the other drivers and officials, and fans excited for the seson to start is just what he deserves.

If he walks out of his first year with a Championship, I will be looking for Schumi's words of congratulations to Rubinho in the same paragraph as Schumi's explanation of why next year's Mercedes might be a little more promising.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3037427)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth View Post
It wasn't too dangerous before he was a multi-millionaire with international fame, but now it is too dangeous when he has more experience than anyone? hmmm His wife was always against unhappy about ovals (Silvana nee Giaffone)

Even as a devout tifosi, I still feel bad the way Rubinho was treated while teamed with Schumi. I know that it was his job to come second and that he accepted that, but that job wasn't fair to his skill level. Agreed

To have Rubinho enter a rejuvenated Indycar, in a team of apparent friends, with respect from the other drivers and officials, and fans excited for the seson to start is just what he deserves. Yes! Yes! Yes!

If he walks out of his first year with a Championship, I will be looking for Schumi's words of congratulations to Rubinho in the same paragraph as Schumi's explanation of why next year's Mercedes might be a little more promising.
You'll be waiting a long time... He's never really apologised for squeezing Rubens into the wall in Hungary...

Last edited by Teretonga; 9 Mar 2012 at 09:45.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3037430)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eagerly awaiting an autobiography from Rubens...
Old 9 Mar 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3037432)   #17
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, his pace yesterday looks good. Only two tenths off fastest in Group Two, third in his group. Would've been fourth fastest behind the Penske cars in Group One. He's definitely going to be competitive with the increased number of street and road courses in this year's calendar.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3037522)   #18
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be fun to watch. Go Rubens !
Old 11 Mar 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3038563)   #19
Truenorth
Rookie

Canada
Northern Alberta
More reasons that Rubinho is one of the great class acts of motor racing!

1. “The guy sat in my car the first day and he beat me already, so now he makes me wake up in the morning thinking about him,” Kanaan said

2. Barrichello’s nearly 1.5 million followers on Twitter are more than all of NASCAR’s championship contenders last year combined

3. Regarding safety in Indycar and drivers' rights "“Communicate. Not pointing fingers,” he said. “Drivers are very unique in that sometimes they don’t communicate very well. But on the other hand, people try to think ‘I know what they are going through’ and they don’t. So the communication and the expression is the best thing. The best thing." That's what sir Jackie did to his era of racing.

4, Sure sounds like a Scuderia statement to me! "I don’t think it’s an automatic that KV Racing Technology will automatically raise its game, but I think the joint entry with Chevrolet is a good marriage and I think that we can conquer from that,” he said. “I am pretty sure that before the season starts you cannot simply say the team has all of a sudden improved. But they are doing all they can to make it more professional in terms of drivers, engineers, mechanics, pit stops—everything that counts. We really do hope we are going to have a proper car that gives us a chance to win.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news?slug=ap-i...rrichelloeffect
Old 12 Mar 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3038902)   #20
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth View Post
More reasons that Rubinho is one of the great class acts of motor racing!

1. “The guy sat in my car the first day and he beat me already, so now he makes me wake up in the morning thinking about him,” Kanaan said

2. Barrichello’s nearly 1.5 million followers on Twitter are more than all of NASCAR’s championship contenders last year combined

3. Regarding safety in Indycar and drivers' rights "“Communicate. Not pointing fingers,” he said. “Drivers are very unique in that sometimes they don’t communicate very well. But on the other hand, people try to think ‘I know what they are going through’ and they don’t. So the communication and the expression is the best thing. The best thing." That's what sir Jackie did to his era of racing.

4, Sure sounds like a Scuderia statement to me! "I don’t think it’s an automatic that KV Racing Technology will automatically raise its game, but I think the joint entry with Chevrolet is a good marriage and I think that we can conquer from that,” he said. “I am pretty sure that before the season starts you cannot simply say the team has all of a sudden improved. But they are doing all they can to make it more professional in terms of drivers, engineers, mechanics, pit stops—everything that counts. We really do hope we are going to have a proper car that gives us a chance to win.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news?slug=ap-i...rrichelloeffect
This is the most irrelevant thinking I can imagine. NASCAR fans aren't likely to be all over twitter.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3038908)   #21
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
This is the most irrelevant thinking I can imagine. NASCAR fans aren't likely to be all over twitter.
[troll] Do NASCAR fans even know what the internet is? [/troll]
Old 12 Mar 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3038934)   #22
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
[troll] Do NASCAR fans even know what the internet is? [/troll]
Sure we do, Bubba.

It's the net between the two outer nets.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3039103)   #23
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other then to watch how the ugly new car performs, he will be the only reason I watch this season.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 04:26 (Ref:3039152)   #24
Truenorth
Rookie

Canada
Northern Alberta
Pt, NASCAR and Speed have gone for the "Social Garage" (FB and Twitter) big time! Did you see Kez on his phone at JPM's Daytona jet drier BBQ? There was some phenomenal Twit list that joined his site that night. The Speed site is shutting down chats limiting forums because Sprint wants everyone on their phones.

Twits get live messges from drivers. I'm afraid it's us here chiselling messages madly in clay tablets and tying them to logs who are the endangered species of race fan communication.

Indycar will no doubt trot down this path as you see set ups like Hinchtown funded by Go Daddy. (Hinchcliffe) They are saying that Hinch got the job because of his skill with ecommunication.

http://www.hinchtown.com/

Maybe like me, you're still trying to program the VCR?
Old 13 Mar 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3040434)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"I am Indy" is back!