Which F1 driver is driving this car?
Attached Images

Old 12 Dec 2001, 21:27 (Ref:185177)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I daresay someone out there will have all the info on this, but it looks like the boy Blundell's helmet to me.

As it happens, I'm sure I've got a couple of photos I took a few years back of this car or one similar (F3000) at Silverstone. For some reason, I have it in my head that Dutchman Cor Euser (better known in recent years for his sportscar exploits in a Marcos) had something to do with it?

On the other hand, I may be completely wrong.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 21:37 (Ref:185182)   #3
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is Mark Blundell with the Cadbury's sponsorship

This photo was taken at Birmingham and so with the factory based not far from the track i'd have thought they'd sort of arranged something with the team Blundell was driving for, because in a pic of Blundell previously in the 1989 season shows his car is purple but cadbury sponsorship is no where in sight?
Old 12 Dec 2001, 21:46 (Ref:185188)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mmmm - interesting Iv. I'm more and more convinced I've seen the car in action, but it was most definitely at Brands Hatch. (Sorry, I meant Brands when I said Silverstone before - premature senility!). I'm still convinced that Cor Euser drove (or had something else to do with this car) during that season - unless I've confused the season completely? As and when I find the time, I will have a dig through my photos, I definitely remember taking at least one shot of a Cadbury's sponsored F3000 in the pits.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 15:45 (Ref:185450)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mmmmmmmmm.... chocolate...
Old 13 Dec 2001, 19:33 (Ref:185593)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
defo Blundell - Team Middlebridge, run by John Mcdonald of RAM fame. Middlebridge went on to own Brabham, and briefly Onyx as I recall.
Old 13 Dec 2001, 21:10 (Ref:185623)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
ghinzani, am I completely off beam with the Cor Euser reference? If I am, where the heck did I dream it up from?!!
Old 14 Dec 2001, 19:06 (Ref:185925)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No you could well be right actually, but I think it might be from the year before... I vaguely remember Euser moving from one team to another, maybe Bromley Motorsport and picking up Cadbury backing, perhaps just for the Birmingham round. But Im sure theres something in that cosd I remember too! Must be in an Autosport back at my parents somewhere, I'll dig it out over xmas!
Old 14 Dec 2001, 23:53 (Ref:186049)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks for that, ghinzani! Thought I was going bananas (chocolate coated, of course!). I suspect you're right about it being the previous year.
Old 15 Dec 2001, 18:16 (Ref:186247)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Birmingham being the Birmingham SuperPrix I guess guys? Sadly I never managed to get to see one before it received the order of the axe.
Old 15 Dec 2001, 18:58 (Ref:186261)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Birmingham being the Birmingham SuperPrix I guess guys? Sadly I never managed to get to see one before it received the order of the axe.
Nor me. Except on TV.
Old 15 Dec 2001, 19:33 (Ref:186268)   #12
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When/why was Birmingham axed? I'm too young to remember it at all...
Old 15 Dec 2001, 22:40 (Ref:186322)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by cos
When/why was Birmingham axed?
90 perhaps or 91.... something to do with it being the home of Nigel Mainsell and Aston Villa.... was deemed to be too guilty of heinous crimes....
Old 16 Dec 2001, 09:11 (Ref:186416)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England