Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 12 Aug 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2267738)   #1
willie
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
willie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read Irish Rallycross Regs 08 09 (merged)

just read rallycross regs 08 09 and read this part EVENT AWARDS
The following are the awards to be presented at an event, 1st, 2nd & 3rd in A finals and Superfinal. Class awards will not be awarded at events, except for Rallycars.
I dont know about anyboby else , but if you have come 1" 2" 3" in your class on a days racing its rewarding to take home a trophy regardless of how small.
Reading your points on a score sheet not the same. score sheets dont stand up on your mantelpiece. We spend a lot of time and money on cars and dont get prize money, so a small trophey is not to ask for ..
Old 12 Aug 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2267834)   #2
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure if its like that, Officals & Marshels dont get awards or prize money. You could always sell the car and fill the mantle with trophys. it still works out 21 prizes with our entries at moment that is still 1 person in 3 taken home something. if you look at racing that goes out to 1 in 9 with a higher entry fee.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2267863)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are the regs / dates available for download anywhere?
Old 12 Aug 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2267870)   #4
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
They will be on thr M.I. site soon but if you PM me an address I can send them on E-MAIL.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2267991)   #5
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
willie what class are you in? how long are you racing. this has been in the regs for the last year. surely you would have read it in the regs last year or not as it seems to be.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2268082)   #6
willie
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Racing since 2001 , but only one event last year , i take tkirwin point about the officals and marchels, In 2001 there was awards for all classes at £100 event entry... so what changed
Old 12 Aug 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2268088)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
In 2001 there was awards for all classes at £100 event entry... so what changed
7 years of economic inflation. My house price doubled in less time!
Old 13 Aug 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2268283)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Can I assume that if entry fees were raised to cover the prizes, you'd be objecting......?
Old 13 Aug 2008, 07:39 (Ref:2268290)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Can I assume that if entry fees were raised to cover the prizes, you'd be objecting......?
Many do sadly, in all forms of racing. There is a certain satisfaction in taking a pot home, but if you're long in the tooth as me then you generally find the bathroom shelf is already full of them!
Old 13 Aug 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2268293)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Many do sadly, in all forms of racing. There is a certain satisfaction in taking a pot home, but if you're long in the tooth as me then you generally find the bathroom shelf is already full of them!
Only so many times you can look at 3rd without getting depressed????
Old 13 Aug 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2268299)   #11
willie
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Thats the point, the awards were dropped last year and the fee still went up ...
Old 13 Aug 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2268310)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Thats the point, the awards were dropped last year and the fee still went up ...
Fees go up every year - it's called inflation.

Did it go up so much that you feel the prizes should have been covered by the additional charges? Or is it more likely that the fees didn't go up as much as they would have done, because the prizes were removed?
Old 13 Aug 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2268312)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Only so many times you can look at 3rd without getting depressed????
Ooh good point. I'll see if I've got one of those.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2268316)   #14
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Look in the MI Yearbook see the event charges & insurance. Then add circuit costs doctors for the day Ambulances & tow trucks all have to be paid these fees have gone up every year and have thake large jumps the last few. Also the rescue unit gets a fee but thats for the upkeep of the unit. Yes its that I word again nothing we use has dropped in price even trophies have gone up. Its the world we live in. Look at Fuel It cost a good bit more than 2002.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2268442)   #15
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
tkiwan, would i be right in saying this would have been put to the drivers at one of the forums. if so why has it taken so long for one person to discover the rule change. looks like people just dont read their rule books.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2268459)   #16
willie
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiwan
Look in the MI Yearbook see the event charges & insurance. Then add circuit costs doctors for the day Ambulances & tow trucks all have to be paid these fees have gone up every year and have thake large jumps the last few. Also the rescue unit gets a fee but thats for the upkeep of the unit. Yes its that I word again nothing we use has dropped in price even trophies have gone up. Its the world we live in. Look at Fuel It cost a good bit more than 2002.
Thank you for that explaination of where the the fee goes , Inflation, Inflation ,inflation , By the way i did read the regs from 07/08 , Just though I would bring it up this year to see what the general feeling was about this subject , since its introduction last year.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2268522)   #17
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Willie this is a month or so before the season starts, the Regs are approved by all the M I committies it is a bit late to question the rules for this season they cannot change now not enough time. My advice is contact some one with your suggestions before January when the 2010 rules work will start.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2268720)   #18
willie
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
thanks tkiwan .. will do so.. there is no harm in discussing it and seening if there is much interest in the subject, have to do some thing to keep busy till oct.. its either this or look at the rain
Old 21 Aug 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2272935)   #19
murf
Rookie

Ireland
talafornia
murf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
new irish regs

hi all,some new regs are planned for our new season,one of them is to only give out A final awards,if you ask me i think if you make a final and finish 1st 2nd or 3rd you should recieve something,all of us spend a lot of time and effort getting cars ready,i dont think its too much to ask
Old 21 Aug 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2272965)   #20
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
having read the regs, part of me is disappointed but then what about the events when we dont have good entry and you end up handing out as many awards as there is competitors. why not contact the driver rep and ask him to explain why this decision was made.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2272980)   #21
sfay
Rookie

sfay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that awards should be given to 1st 2nd 3rd in all finals raced
you win or come placed in a final that you make then you should be rewarded for it

why spend your hard earned money racing and doing your car and get nothing back if you can not make an A final and have no chance of getting an award
Old 21 Aug 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2272982)   #22
mike coyne
Rookie

mike coyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott- Damo says get knotted. And thats putting it nicely. Only passing on the message so don't shoot me. Anne
Old 21 Aug 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2272994)   #23
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
murf the regs are not planned these are law. They were written and passed months ago. This was all discussed in an earlyer post. Its motorsport 'sport' taking part and all that seems to be lost. Personaly I never got a trophy at an event. But I did make friends and had fun if you dont enjoy rallycross if you dont get a trophy why go just buy a few its cheeper than running a car. If you race you could be up again 30 others for 3 prizes and a higher entry fee. in rallycross we get 70 to 75 entries on a good day and give out 24 prizes still do the maths thats still good odds 1 in 3 say to 1 in 10 racing. Every body cannot take home a prize. Time to get real lads no entry fee increase yet costs keep going up to run an event.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2273198)   #24
R-SPORT
Rookie

R-SPORT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfay
i think that awards should be given to 1st 2nd 3rd in all finals raced
you win or come placed in a final that you make then you should be rewarded for it

why spend your hard earned money racing and doing your car and get nothing back if you can not make an A final and have no chance of getting an award

The problem with such a system is why should the First three Drivers in the C Final get a prize and the Driver who finishes 4th in the B gets nothing even thought he finished ahead in the standings overall?

I think more prizes do need to be given out to Stock Hatch Drivers considering the size of the grids compared to other classes. But simply throwing pots at everyone is not the way forward. A Drive of the Day/ most improved drive just for stock hatch and maybe top Rookie for those only doing rallycross for less than two years would be a better way to approach handing out pots lower down the grids.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2273232)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-SPORT
A Drive of the Day/ most improved drive just for stock hatch and maybe top Rookie for those only doing rallycross for less than two years would be a better way to approach handing out pots lower down the grids.
Problem with Drive of the Day is that it's highly subjective and who would judge it? A Top Rookie of the Day is a good idea though.

Last edited by BertMk2; 22 Aug 2008 at 10:36.