Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Jul 2001, 23:47 (Ref:115032)   #1
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Mighty Mighty Minis - Snetterton - 22nd of July

Right - before you lot get carried away over the Mini festival at Mallory, there's the slight distraction of a Mighty Min race at Snetterton. July 22nd. Sunday Big Caterham festival apparently..

I will have a fresh cylinder head (I tried to get my own head cleaned out, but the garage said they only did engines ) and will be trying my damnest to get past my usual rivals in qualifying. Expect fireworks!

Please, tell me it doesn't clash with anything? Mind you, even if it didn't, it's probably too far away or something

Will post a schedule when it gets to me. I'm also testing on the Friday - couldn't get testing on the Saturday, because of too many "bloody Caterhams" as the Octagon chappie put it
Old 9 Jul 2001, 23:54 (Ref:115037)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C... C... Caterhams???

Ooooooh Chriiiis... but Snetterton is MIIIILES away and I can only get there if someone gives me a liiiiift... AAAAAAARGH!!!!
Old 10 Jul 2001, 05:33 (Ref:115113)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Caterhams ? Even more reason to go...!! Seeya there folks

Mr Fan, *might* be able to help... seem to have booked Friday, Monday and Tuesday off work as I originally planned to go to Knockhill... so no need to rush nack after the race
Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:09 (Ref:115187)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:33 (Ref:115209)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mini mini mini mini mini mini mini...

hey, snetterton's down the road from me and as i won't be eating, drinking or sleeping for a month post grand prix for designing websites for work, i could probably beg borrow or steal some petrol from the olds...

count me in, fellas
Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:53 (Ref:115223)   #6
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wont be able to go to this one,
but good luck Chris anyway!
Old 10 Jul 2001, 18:02 (Ref:115337)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Er... Craig, is this the one I promised to come to? I get so confused in my old age.

If it is - then count me in!
Old 10 Jul 2001, 18:16 (Ref:115343)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It is indeed, your highness.

I already did...

Sparky, are you ready for us ? Must give the old boy a ring at some point - see how he's doing and when he'll be back online.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 18:22 (Ref:115346)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Mr Fan, we'll need to work something out on getting you there... where can you get to ? or do you need collecting from Leamington ?
Old 10 Jul 2001, 23:27 (Ref:115423)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Are people just going for the Sunday? The twits at work have put me down to finish at 9pm on the Saturday when I said I could only do either first thing in the morning or not at all.

Yes I will need picking up from Leamington (I think.)
Old 11 Jul 2001, 05:58 (Ref:115496)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sorry chap, was thinking of going up first thing Saturday, or possibly late Friday evening...
Old 11 Jul 2001, 09:01 (Ref:115530)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my mum might be coming too (being a fan of mini racing in ye olden days), depending on how bored she gets of baking cakes for my dad and brothers cricket games.
me, i'm just going for the sunday.

of course, this is all based on the wee matter of a financial crisis...
Old 11 Jul 2001, 10:19 (Ref:115542)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Therefore I shall be going to Donington .
Old 11 Jul 2001, 11:06 (Ref:115583)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Possibly...
Old 11 Jul 2001, 17:22 (Ref:115728)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Bugger! Have words, Fan - this one's not to be missed! I've been thinking and I think that Saturday morning is probably the best bet... there's the small matter of my tax return to get sorted at some point... that Friday sounds like a good opportunity!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 18:01 (Ref:115743)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
wahey! my mum probably *is* coming
best behaviour, chaps
nah, me mum's a right laugh. like me but a few hundred years wiser
Old 11 Jul 2001, 19:22 (Ref:115787)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Cool! Make sure she is on her best behaviour though as we're impressionable young things...!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 23:13 (Ref:115892)   #18
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
My mum (Mrs. Doyle from Father Ted) may also be coming. Watch out!

Ok, the festivities only start on the Sunday, so there's not really much point turning up on the Saturday. There will just be some luna.. er, mania.. er, no, Caterham racers testing on the Sat, and I'll be testing on the Fri afternoon..

Mark, you can't miss Minis! can you? (That wasn't really a question )

Tim! You're coming! Cool!

Sparky's ready for us - he has been forewarned..

Will our hero get his head cleaned out in time? Will Mrs. Doyle make a celebrity apearance at Snetterton? Will a small town in Norfolk be big enough for a night-time 10/10ths invasion? Stay tuned - all will be revealed...
Old 11 Jul 2001, 23:25 (Ref:115897)   #19
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
No I can't miss the bloody MINIS!!! But it depends on what the *******S at work say!!! If I can change my shift to the morning, then there's a good chance of MINI MAYHEM!!! Otherwise, I'm going to Donington ?.

Last edited by Minardi fan; 11 Jul 2001 at 23:26.
Old 14 Jul 2001, 00:23 (Ref:116816)   #20
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Just popping this one to the top... Can't have you all forgetting about Minis! now, can we?

Old 16 Jul 2001, 11:04 (Ref:117668)   #21
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Haven't forgotten - just can't get there.. *sob*

(And after the dull-as-hell F3 at the GP I'm not toooo fussed about Donington...)
Old 17 Jul 2001, 11:04 (Ref:118225)   #22
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
I have the timetable - so I'll post some more information about this later..

I'm off to fit a new exhaust, and take my engine apart
Old 18 Jul 2001, 23:00 (Ref:118986)   #23
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Okay, the exhaust is fitted, but the engine's still in bits..

What do you mean it's nearly Thursday?!?!

Yeah okay. I know I'm cutting it fine considering I'm testing on Friday, but considering what I found out - I'm glad I did it...

Anyway - timetable:

Qualifying:
Caterham Academy - 9:00
Caterham Super Grads - 9:20
Caterham Roadsports - 9:45
Mighty Minis - 10:10
Caterham Superlight - 10:35
Road Saloons - 11:00
Classic FFord 2000 - 11:25
Super Mighty Minis - 11:45

Races, start at 13:00
Caterham Race Academy - 10 laps
Caterham Super Grads - 10 laps
Caterham Roadsports - 30 minutes
Mighty Minis - 10 laps
Caterham Superlights - 30 minutes
Road Saloons - 10 laps
Classic FFord 2000 - 12 laps
Super Mighty Minis - 10 laps

All in all - over 70 Caterhams will be competing this weekend - although thanks to common sense, not at the same time
Old 19 Jul 2001, 00:06 (Ref:119005)   #24
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, now that I'm living 9 (count 'em) nine miles from Sunny Snetterton, I couldn't very well pass this one up, now could I?

Chris - can you remember where all those bits go? Just what did you find, anyway?

Looking forward to seeing you all again - it's been a while...
Minardifan - you HAVE to be there.
Steal a bus, hijack a plane, whatever - be there!!!

Looking forward to this!
Old 19 Jul 2001, 00:58 (Ref:119019)   #25
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi Fan, can you get a train to anywhere close on Sat or Sun - we could pick you up from somewhere if you can make it. You've gotta be there!!