Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Sep 2002, 03:52 (Ref:376042)   #1
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TEGA Introduce Parity System

check out http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/l...y.asp?gid=4091

Can they make the formula any more complicated.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 05:00 (Ref:376053)   #2
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course - thats what AVESCO are all about - Australian Very Easy Sports Confusion Organisation
Old 9 Sep 2002, 05:09 (Ref:376057)   #3
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or will this not be a very smart way to measure performance parity?

HRT (for example) usually have the advantage of making up time in the pit stops, sometimes by two or three even four seconds over the slower teams.

Does this not then mean that with a two second pit stop advantage, that their drivers can afford to drop one tenth of a second a lap for 20 laps before they lose the advantage they gain in the pits. How does this then reflect in the performance review?

I don't mean to sound negative about this, as it is aparent that a lot of people are not happy with the way things are going at the moment, but computer analysis done in this way is not the answer in my opinion.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 05:13 (Ref:376060)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To me it seems like a crock- is parity a question of who wins every race for 12 months, or if 19th and 20th in the field are running the same laps time. It's a shame the old guidelines aren't adhered to... When you had a car that run well on a certain tyre and won a few races in a row- snipola! There goes your undertray! HRT would have been nobbled long ago, and we wouldn't all have the couldn't-care-less attitude we've all got at the moment.

Go on, flame away
Old 10 Sep 2002, 00:48 (Ref:377026)   #5
Dazz
Veteran

I think the whole parity thing is a joke anyway. As I mentioned in another thread, total parity of the cars will still mean that the best driver/team will win almost all the time. It's a bit like Animal Farm really, "all cars are equal, but some cars are more equal than others".

If we want different winners for entertainments sake then lets bring back the Peter J&*ckson Dash For Cash style of drawing grid spots out of a hat for the whole field. Or how about gridding the cars in reverse order of their cumulative points totals after each race/round?

It just worries me a little that we no longer seem to want to have the championship reflect who did the best job, but rather who was the most average and penalised the least and therefore won by default.

Think I might need to borrow that flame suit now Crash
Old 10 Sep 2002, 04:50 (Ref:377071)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a problem

Last time I checked, Jackson made it past the autocensor
Old 10 Sep 2002, 05:03 (Ref:377072)   #7
Dazz
Veteran

Well you can't be too careful these days, you know with Big Brother watching and all that. Not that I'm paranoid or anything