3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Mar 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3219999)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Australian GP

Rate The Race, pleaase...
Old 17 Mar 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3220016)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gave it a seven, the low temps really mixed it up.

Bit worried about the return of a tyre lottery now though, it really messed things up for Sutil.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3220020)   #3
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9, probably because I enjoyed it so much , being the first race of the season . Did think it was a good race though , expecting a Red Bull walkover , the mixed conditions over the weekend and now I can catch up on some sleep !
Old 17 Mar 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3220038)   #4
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
5, more racing and less tyre changes PLEASE!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3220054)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7 leaders (were any lead changes on track?), a decent first couple of laps, several DRS/tyre wear related passes.

I'll be generous and vote a 4.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3220056)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The tyres are getting in the way, but I will give it a 7..
Old 17 Mar 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3220057)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some good bits but not a vintage GP gave it 5
Old 17 Mar 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3220062)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching the BBC highlights and knowing the result is never like watching the race live but it couldn't be helped this time.

I have to agree with the other posts about the tyres dominating. I hope this isn't the trend for the season. Having said that, it's good to see the season get under way. 6.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3220080)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not bad. A few good overtakes. Vettel not winning takes it from a 6 to a 7. Didn't keep me awake throughout through......
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3220102)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Hate to sound like a broken record here, but same for everyone, guys..

Whoever can work out how to switch these tyres on and use them correctly will be rewarded (Lotus).

Give me that over 'who can spend the most money and throw it at aero' ANY day of the week.

Not sure I understand all the gripes and whinging.

Sutil was unfortunate, but the bottom line is, things may have been different if he'd pitted 5/6 laps later, perhaps.

Everyone's still learning. Plus, people are forgetting it was changeable conditions!

Selby
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3220107)   #11
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not bad. A few good overtakes. Vettel not winning takes it from a 6 to a 7. Didn't keep me awake throughout through......
Ditto. Lost track of what was happening so it can't have been really great. At least this year we haven't had the usual 9s and 10s from over-excited types who think every race is the greatest thing ever.

Best thing was KR winning though. Anybody but SV or LH please......
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3220110)   #12
Spritle
Veteran

For those who like coincidences, are inclined to be superstitious, have a fascination for numerology or are leaning toward Papal influence...

With three WDC's on the podium it was kind of interesting that the 3rd place finisher was a three time WDC, the 2nd place winner is a 2 time WDC and the winner a 1 time WDC.

What does it all mean...
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3220127)   #13
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a popular win but not exactly edge of the seat stuff

gave it a 6
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3220132)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
For those who like coincidences, are inclined to be superstitious, have a fascination for numerology or are leaning toward Papal influence...

With three WDC's on the podium it was kind of interesting that the 3rd place finisher was a three time WDC, the 2nd place winner is a 2 time WDC and the winner a 1 time WDC.

What does it all mean...
Is that the first time that has happened?
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3220141)   #15
Spritle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is that the first time that has happened?
Well if it is, make sure I get the credit for making the discovery, not Martin Brundle.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3220152)   #16
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I actually liked this race. Gave it an 8.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3220164)   #17
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it 7.

I agree with the previous comments about tyres. I expected another boring Red Bull white-wash so was pleasantly surprised by the result.

Bet Lewis is smiling big-time; especially not having to drive that dog of a McLaren. Shame the Williams was not up to it. Happy to see Force India do quite well.

Love to see Kimi win the WDC this year, in fact anyone not driving a Red Bull !!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3220167)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 6, tyres spoilt the race for a lot of drivers and flattered others. A good drive from Sutil yes, but only because he started on the hard compound, really felt sorry for Di Resta having to start on the soft tyre. Still, at least the red bulls didnt dominate.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3220197)   #19
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
A good drive from Sutil yes, but only because he started on the hard compound, really felt sorry for Di Resta having to start on the soft tyre.
'A good drive from Sutil yes, great decision to start on the hard compound". There, fixed that for you.

Interesting they finished so close together on completely different strategies.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3220256)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
'A good drive from Sutil yes, great decision to start on the hard compound". There, fixed that for you.

Interesting they finished so close together on completely different strategies.
Yes, but had Di Resta and the rest of the top 10 been allowed to choose their tyres I doubt Sutil would have finished as high as he did. Di Resta and everyone else who made it into Q3 were effectively penalised for being quick. Sutil was fortunate.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3220260)   #21
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
5, more racing and less tyre changes PLEASE!
This exactly. I'll give it a 6.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3220275)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Good start to the season with variable conditions through Q and potential for more during the race leading to some compromised setups - tyres definitely a factor but they will be till the teams get their heads around the 2013 versions - no bad thing & we should enjoy the unpredictability it brings while we can.

Not a great or genuinely thrilling race but interesting - gave it a 6.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3220281)   #23
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another 6.

It kept me amused, but I struggled to keep track of who was where and how many stops they had made. That dropped my rating by at least 1 point.

Quite a few good overtakes. And in continuation of last season, all the overtakers and overtaken exhibited an exemplary ability to get the manoeuvre done without hitting each other.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3220301)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Another 6.

It kept me amused, but I struggled to keep track of who was where and how many stops they had made. That dropped my rating by at least 1 point.

Quite a few good overtakes. And in continuation of last season, all the overtakers and overtaken exhibited an exemplary ability to get the manoeuvre done without hitting each other.
I found it hard to follow as well. Admittedly, I watched the BBC highlights and highlights do miss out content but still, it was quite disjointed.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3220317)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7 here, not bad for a season start, but some old problems remain... can't be bothered to highlight them.