Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jun 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3086308)   #2001
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
He has a contract for 2013, though, but I bet he could have whatever clauses he just wanted.

Google translation of that cover is: "close to the exit? / why he could leave the rally at the end of the year / how citroen manages his possible [eventual?] departure"

Sounds like pure speculation.
I guess even winning gets boring sometime. Would love to see Loeb back in a LMP and as a fultime entry, maybe he can go with the rumored Honda program. Would be a nice high level signing...
Old 6 Jun 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3086311)   #2002
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
AutoHebdo are speculating that Sebastien Loeb will retire from the WRC at the end of this season.

http://twitpic.com/9teyxs

I think it's time for him to move on. His running at the test day last weekend may have been the final push that he needed. Immediately he was back on the pace and in the top five or so LMP2 runners.

Would be good to see his team go full season WEC next year before moving up to P1 in 2014. Maybe part of a two-car team with Pescarolo?
Interesting. I thought he would stick around 1 more year to have a go at Ogier in the Volkswagen...Well Ogier is looking good for a first title then...
Old 6 Jun 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3086315)   #2003
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I guess even winning gets boring sometime. Would love to see Loeb back in a LMP and as a fultime entry, maybe he can go with the rumored Honda program. Would be a nice high level signing...
Exactly this. Nine consecutive championships is just ridiculous. He's said he isn't happy particularly with the way the rules are going. He has the opportunity to bow out the undisputed greatest that there will ever be. Like deggis says he will have plenty of clauses in place. He's the one calling the shots there.

I think the Honda concept is a bit left-field to be honest. Unless they approach his own team which he has clearly set up to step into. I really have high hopes for Loeb Racing and hope they can grow into something more than a Oreca-Nissan LMP2clone.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3086323)   #2004
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
A little more info on PURE can be found here, but yes they are developing a 2014 regs F1 engine.
Why? We have already seen from IndyCar that new engine manufacturers struggle to survive. Lotus is on the verge of being teamless..

Also in F1. With Cosworths return.They field 1 team.a backmarker. The Manufacturers are supposedly going to be made to provide cheap engines to a smaller team that wants one. Who would pass up a Renault/Mercedes/Ferrari engine for Pure or Cosworth is beyond me..
Old 6 Jun 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3086324)   #2005
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be honest, I'm a Rallyfan before a Sportscar fan, but I'm a realist, and not blind to what is happening.
Loeb signed a contract last year for 1 year, with an option on another year - I actually thought he'd go to VW, and maybe test an Audi R18. However, that didn't happen.
I think he's enjoyed his Sportscars outings, and after his 2nd in 2006 in the Pescarolo-Judd, Le Mans is an itch he can't get rid of. Setting up his own team is another string to his bow, and his performance in Pau was pretty good, as was the Le Mans test on Sunday; with more seat time I expect him to get quicker. I can't imagine him in a non-French LMP car.....but who knows?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3086335)   #2006
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
I'll be honest, I'm a Rallyfan before a Sportscar fan, but I'm a realist, and not blind to what is happening.
Loeb signed a contract last year for 1 year, with an option on another year - I actually thought he'd go to VW, and maybe test an Audi R18. However, that didn't happen.
I think he's enjoyed his Sportscars outings, and after his 2nd in 2006 in the Pescarolo-Judd, Le Mans is an itch he can't get rid of. Setting up his own team is another string to his bow, and his performance in Pau was pretty good, as was the Le Mans test on Sunday; with more seat time I expect him to get quicker. I can't imagine him in a non-French LMP car.....but who knows?
judging by the fact that total actually is a sponsor of toyota i guess that an audi r18 test will be almost impossible.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3086338)   #2007
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
judging by the fact that total actually is a sponsor of toyota i guess that an audi r18 test will be almost impossible.
Read carefully, he was talking about the potential of a test in the R18 in the context of a hypothetical move to Volkswagen in rallying.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3086371)   #2008
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Same as you I was a rally fan before endurance but even a couple of years ago I was saying Loeb needs to go. It will benefit both sports greatly.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3086378)   #2009
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now i've read well, but it will depend if total will keep on sponsor loeb even in a WV car... loeb will be in a crossed fire between audi that wants him for a test and total that suggest him to don't do it because total is a toyota sponsor...
valentino rossi is in a similiar situation, he more than once ran in a ferrari gt3, but now that ducati is owned by audi will be still able to do it? or for "coincidence" will drive an r8lms in some race?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3086389)   #2010
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It will benefit both sports greatly.
2013-201x rally titles will get "he won just because Loeb left" stamp.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3086407)   #2011
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Same as you I was a rally fan before endurance but even a couple of years ago I was saying Loeb needs to go. It will benefit both sports greatly.
Yeah, I remember you from a few forums Of which people are living in cloud cuckoo land regards to the WRC.

As was pointed out by another poster regarding the Audi R18; it was depending on him joining VW - which was strongly rumoured at the time, especially with Sainz there. However, it went to executive board level of Citroen/PSA, that's how desperate they were to keep him on board. However, look what happened earlier this year - he went out of RallyPortugal, and a few days later was a the ELMS race at Le Castellet - while the Rally was still taking place.
I fully expected him to carry on next year - now I'm not so sure. I've read/heard he has quite big plans for the team for the future...every outing in a LMP/GT cars seems to whet his appetite further.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3086439)   #2012
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I feel as thought Loeb has managed to tick off Ogier in absolutely everyone which way possible...First when he was with the team..Then we he leaves..Then when Loeb leaves and he cant take down loeb in a fair fight..Loeb the devil hehe.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3086459)   #2013
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Can't argue with this. But at least we don't know which driver will receive this dubious title. For once it could be any one of six men!

Similarly you get a sportcar team with potential P1 aspirations, guaranteed sponsorship and the PR boost from Loeb's involvement.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3087405)   #2014
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You have to wonder whether Forza will have some kind of answer to what GT have done with the Academy. What better advert can you have for your 'real driving simulator' that to have your game producing bona-fide racing drivers.

Think Forza have also sponsored a chicane at LM this year.
Forza is a sponsor of the American Le Mans Series. You can tune ESPN3 on Xbox 360, I think.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3087416)   #2015
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Not much substance though:
Quote:
Nissan is dropping heavy hints that it, Renault or Infiniti could take a close look at Le Mans, Renault having just launched a new Alpine sports car at the Monaco Grand Prix. Porsche is committed, as is Audi. Toyota is too busy working on this year to think about 2014 for the time being but if another manufacturer stepped up, the LMP1 grid could be interesting.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/b...es-at-le-mans/
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3087488)   #2016
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The Alpine launched at Monaco was only a concept car, and Renault says it's only 50/50 whether it will go into production.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3091162)   #2017
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11206144...CarFans.com%29
Maserati is apparently planning a mid-engine sports car for 2015 based off the Alfa Romeo 4C. Perhaps we could see this at Le mans in GT?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3091227)   #2018
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Diesel engines in LMP2 will be allowed a year earlier than planned, in 2013. At 'least one manufacturer' is about to make an announcement about supplying such engines next year.

Sounds like Skyactiv-D.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3091229)   #2019
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dempsey Racing Diesel P2?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3091331)   #2020
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lotus LMP1? Motorsport-total.com
Old 15 Jun 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3091350)   #2021
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
I hope it's not gonna be another failure since Lotus is in a crisis at the moment.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3091375)   #2022
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
do you know what is the name of that design firm in Munich?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3091379)   #2023
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is that real? an actual lotus lmp2? sounds bloody awesome. and its a coupe.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3091388)   #2024
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
which is tonight at Le Mans officially presented.
http://translate.google.com/translat..._12061507.html

If this is the manufacturer announcement that has been rumoured, then a bit disappointed that it's not Honda. At least not yet.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3091396)   #2025
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Diesel engines in LMP2 will be allowed a year earlier than planned, in 2013. At 'least one manufacturer' is about to make an announcement about supplying such engines next year.

Sounds like Skyactiv-D.
I'm against this for two reasons.

Firstly, the ACO STILL haven't hit the right balance in equality between petrol and diesel cars, something they've been trying to do since...ohh...2007? On the basis LMP2 probably has its most competitive field EVER this year, I don't want that to change next season because someone has a diesel.

Also - whilst diesels LMPs are incredibly technical and interesting from that side of things, you have to say that the engine note is really boring. Fans like engine noise. It is part of racing. Having 4 silent Audis this year is already overkill...no more!

No but seriously, I think the ACO should listen to F1 fans on this. Remember the whole fuss over what the new engines in F1 would sound like? It is the same here. I don't want noise at motorsport to become something of the past.