Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1545837)   #1
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Result's from the RSS English Masters?

What are the Results from yesterday? And possibly photos from the event, if its not too much to ask?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1546914)   #2
Fast man
Rookie

Belgium
Fast man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please!
Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1546941)   #3
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Winners went like this..

div1:Jacek Ptaszek
s2000: Paul Wakeling
supernat: Kevin Procter
stock:Tony Lynch
mini: Andy Knowles (i think?)
junior: Ben Rennison
revival: Brian Thornton

Rallyxpics was there yesterday, but i didn't take any photo's due to the conditions.

si
Old 13 Mar 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1546967)   #4
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RSS ..Farce!

Bit of a joke this RSS me thinks, terrible entry. All the bells and whistles yet none of the talent? Why would you travel all the way from Poland to an event with a handful of supercars, when Lydden, a shorter trip with bigger crowd and more competition is only a month away. Despite winning the event ( by default really ), I am sure our polish friend is thinking what was that all about?? Can't see it lasting, as mentioned before..why doesn't everyone club all talents together to create one decent championship?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1546996)   #5
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhh
Bit of a joke this RSS me thinks, terrible entry. All the bells and whistles yet none of the talent? Why would you travel all the way from Poland to an event with a handful of supercars, when Lydden, a shorter trip with bigger crowd and more competition is only a month away. Despite winning the event ( by default really ), I am sure our polish friend is thinking what was that all about?? Can't see it lasting, as mentioned before..why doesn't everyone club all talents together to create one decent championship?
Bit of a joke you can't even post under a recognisable name, if you have criticism stand up for it!
Anyway, I think that Polish guy got his trip refunded, same as the Norwegian? Otherwise he is rather stupid as he could have raced in Belgium last week and saved the costworthy ferry. Or in Valkenswaard in three weeks, or, or, or, basicly everywhere else.

General question: how many entries did show up eventually? Was there good value for money and how will it look on tv you think?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1547013)   #6
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What surprised me was the pace of Jacek Ptaszek, was very fast and apapted to the track and conditions very well
Old 13 Mar 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1547028)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I don't think this entry was any worse than some of the recent British championship events (e.g. Knockhill). RSS did a decent job in bringing in overseas drivers - and getting a TV contract for it!

The event was well promoted with big ads in the motorsport press and on the website. Not sure what else they're supposed to do...
Old 13 Mar 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1547029)   #8
SRH
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
SRH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Friendly
What are the Results from yesterday? And possibly photos from the event, if its not too much to ask?
Some pictures from the event can be found here :-

http://www.srh-motorsport-photograph...rs06/index.htm

Conditions were awful. Hats off to the marshalls who were out in it all day. Got to feel sorry for the grid girls who were out in their short skirts and t-shirts for every final in the middle of a blizzard!

Cheers,

Simon.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1547050)   #9
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhh
Ptaszek travelled from Poland to be part of an event which he clearly wanted to be part of and can clearly see the future potential in. Indeed the only event which the promoters have actively and successfully attracted foreign drivers.
Statements from people like you have clealry not got the best interests of the sport at heart.

Last edited by BertMk2; 13 Mar 2006 at 15:21.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1547179)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's be honest, the conditions and forecast dodn't do them ant favours.

Maybe the event was held too early in the year.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1547195)   #11
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks SRH

From a previous thread, what did happen to Evans?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1547201)   #12
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic pictures - yes, but that's real rallycross weather - should make for good TV!

Of course what we'd really love to see is a high profile 'Daytona-style' season opener at a BIG venue like Brands where track and spectator facilities are better and there's some shelter. If only...
Old 13 Mar 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1547310)   #13
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there and it was baltic but respect to the Marshalls who breved the conditions and spectators at that.

No doubt there will be people slagging off the event for entry wise but like what has been said previous Knockhill last year didnt do too good either.

At least RSS have got a TV contract and I will be looking forward to watching the event after not staying all day but I dont moan because it still cost me a tenner to get in and the weather was crap.

I remember Adrian Horsley saying when interviwed by Arthur D last year that the RSS are in it for the Sport whereas the British Championiship where just out to make money.
His words not mine

Good luck to the rest of the series I say beacuse if the BRC had listened to drivers and organisers then the RSS wouldnt of come about.

I would still like to see a British Championship but this is no different to what rallycross used to be like years ago when there was the BRC and the TVS Sealink challenge and the Northern championships so theres room for a few different Rallycross series
Old 13 Mar 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1547320)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really dont think its a good idea to start quoting people without their permission, is a a little dangerous isnt it!!
have been through all this before as many of you know and frankly if you have managed to get tv coverage, mightn't it be a good idea to try and get as many people there as possible to put on a bit of a show, watching some guy no one has heard of might make the series seem international but wouldnt look that good on tv in Britain which is the market! And putting grid girls on there jusu because you have paid them looks cruel in my view!!
Everyone goes on about tv as the holy grail! It really isnt unless the package is right, if there are no crowds there and the grids are thin it just looks like a lower league football match!
I am sure this will change but nothing so far apart from bluff and bluster has convinced me two series are entirly necessary.
If it's that great why weren't Doran, Carnegie, Jordan etc there to support it. I am sure they were sent entry forms werent they?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1547343)   #15
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see that some peoples bias's keep coming back to try and destroy something.
The crowd did not come to much, but who in their right mind would stand about in those conditions and yes we all know that Marshals are a rare breed and without thier dedication events would not happen.
As for the "Grid Girls" they were there promoting the company they work for who were an assosiate sponser of the event and not just there because the organisers paid them!
As for the missing percieved "stars" if they don't want to take part then that is entirly upto them just like every one in a democracy can make thier own mind's up.
Oh especially for "Shhh" It would be a good idea to keep your comments to yourself as i think you would find there was some talent there yesterday and am quite sure a lot of them will take great offence to be called Tallentless!!! And might just find out who you are.
Stop the back biting Promote Rallycross and the sport may prosper.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1547375)   #16
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really think the promoters of the RSS big it up too much, I know it is very early on in the season but for all the hype and an intro to their website of drivers that weren't there you have to question it. Surely the Sky Sports coverage would do a lot better at promoting 'Rallycross' at Lydden on Easter Monday, when all the big boys will be out. Why weren't they there when they have been in the Irish Championship already this year? One has to ask.

If the RSS 'brains' and business acumen could assist with the running of the British Championship then surely more Europeans would want to come over and there would be a better quality and professionalism of Rallycross.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1547406)   #17
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Firstly let me say a huge congratulations to the RSS and DDMC team for a great event at Croft despite the bad weather.

Can I also point out a few things and make a "few" people aware of a few things!
Firstly european competitors cannot race in the BRC because the BRDA do not apply for an NAFP permit for this to happen. So only british and Irish can compete.
Why would a european driver want to come and compete in a class with so many different cars, spaceframes, group b cars, no restrictors on some cars, some with weight, some without.
No tv coverage confirmed for the BRC this year.
The BRC is part of championship and it is not possible for a driver to do a full seaosn from Europe so whats the point in the odd event. With the RSS it is stand alone events and can race when and where they want.
The RSS has prize money, good reason to race.

At least with the RSS they can compete on a level playing field an on Sky Sports and in a series which is internationally recognised by nearly every Eueopean country and the FIA. Winning an international event like the English Masters or Superprix is much more important than and event as part of the BRC.

Oh and certain drivers were not at Croft because they fully support the BRC and NOTHING else, instead of supporting the sport as a whole and doing everything they can to raise the profile of it. If I was the sponsors of Jordan, Doran etc I would be asking myself why were they not promoting my company at Croft and on Sky Sports TV.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1547412)   #18
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Because the RSS is not the British Rallycross Championship and doesn't carry the GB1
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1547439)   #19
M.Lowe
Veteran

I was only saying what Adrian said Chunder, Next time I will phone him just to confirm what I put and you are one to talk with previous comments in the past from you regarding Rallycross.

RSS / Darlington & DMC done and excellent job in getting that day running like it did without the ****ty conditions and like Steve said they cannot force people to enter.

I will say this though Steve as you say stop the back biting and promote Rallycross but if there wasnt as much back biting behind the scenes do you think RSS would of come about? and we would of just had the BRC to go and watch.

Not a go just a view
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1547440)   #20
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and John Rook would just like to say a big thank you to all of the people who were marshalls at yesterdays English Rallycross Masters event at Croft and the Darlington & District Motor Club. The event ran superbly despite the worst conditions we could have possibly had.

As for the other comments on this forum then all i can say in reference to the "big boys" comment is that we had the best driver in England and Ireland racing in the event, who cleaned up in the Rallycross Superprix, beating the 13 times European Rallycross Champion, multiple Belgian and Dutch Champion in addition to the 1999 European Rallycross Champion. The Division 1 category in the Super Series in run to FIA regulations, unlike other events in this country which run using a mish mash of regulations. The Super Series events are the only place were drivers can compete on a level playing field, offering prize money and high quality television, something which every driver has been asking for, over the last three years.

Perhaps it is a case of those drivers that have been mentioned else where just shying away from the opposition.

Regarding the thread mentioned two above then i only have to point back to the events of Croft last year asking if the title went to the right driver. If i was the other driver spending all of that money throughout the year then i certainly wouldnt be happy.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1547442)   #21
M.Lowe
Veteran

If I was a sponsor I know what Series I would want my driver to compete with TV coverage
Old 13 Mar 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1547444)   #22
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
Because the RSS is not the British Rallycross Championship and doesn't carry the GB1
What eaxactly is your point the above doesn't even relate to anything written!
Old 13 Mar 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1547464)   #23
M.Lowe
Veteran

Spot on Peter.

It was certainly confusing to See Pat allowed back out to win a title even though the BRC rules where a little crazyfied but I wonder how much persuasion the others drivers took to giving up their runs but again if I was a sponsor I wouldnt of been happy to not give my company coverage it deserved if they are paying for advertising on cars
Old 13 Mar 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1547484)   #24
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
The BRC is far more prestigious I think to sponsors and isn't just one off event luck, it's about being consistent and winning that GB1 plate at a variety of events against quality competition throughout the year (maybe the cars dont conform to exact rules that I would like to see but the racing is what people go to see). I would like to see people like Evans & Bell race in the BRC (I believe Evans is doing so this year)...

... however you still have to wonder why McCluskey, Carnegie, Tracey, Mundy, Grant, Holfeld, Doran, Briggs, Jordan etc weren't there and why they are doing the BRC with all the 'plus' points of the RSS?

Why did these guys not come to Croft? Why did no more Europeans come to Croft? Did they see the lack of opposition so not bother? I don't think the RSS stands a credible chance throughout the European season in attracting the guys to come over when the best of the Brits and Irish don't even compete on home soil (I refer to the Superprix being after the conclusion of the European Championship when they drivers want a last run out before the winter).
Old 13 Mar 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1547491)   #25
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Briggs couldnt enter as the car isnt legal under the RSS rules last time i checked. But im sure ill be corrected if im wrong