Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 21 Nov 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1466993)   #76
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There certainly was a massive visible difference in car behaviour - you could see Robbie working very hard to keep the car from oversteering too much while Switzerland were right up his backside and their car wasn't twitching at all (forgive my ignorant terminology, am no expert).

Damn shame about the pitstop, they've been superb until that race

How do you know there's a 3rd manager? Or that they're sharing info with Canada?

A quick glance at Robbie's Web site was interesting as he said something like "we know what we need to do to improve" - sounds promising?
Old 22 Nov 2005, 06:42 (Ref:1467111)   #77
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GB is alreadly effectively best of the rest behind the DAMS-run FRA and SUI cars, so it's not as if it's a crisis.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1467757)   #78
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was Robbie, I'd be asking my newly-signed-up pals to stop bad-mouthing Arden. That won't help anyone. The car is good; Robbie's got up to speed now; if the pit stop didn't work, you can be fairly confident there is an inherent problem with the wheel nuts (which I thought they'd cured) as opposed to the team work.

GBR is at the sharp end now, and France aren't quite so dominant as they look. When the other drivers have settled in to racing these cars in the same way that Piquet, Lapierre, Premat, Jani etc have already done (through a year's solid experience in GP2)... and I think we're at that point now ... there should be several teams/drivers at that sharp end, and that should make for even better racing.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1467778)   #79
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Very fair post, Mr Jinxx, but what happens if every team has a second car in Dubai? Surely they can't run them on the track at the same time? If they arrange separate sessions, then I think it would be only fair to give Alex a run then, even if Robbie does the main part of the meeting.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1467830)   #80
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I recall, you can run both cars in any of the practice sessions, as long as both are not physically on circuit at the same time.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1467938)   #81
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
I don't know, foxy, is the short answer.

I initially understood that it would be as K-B said ... both cars can run in every session, but only one on track at any one time. That would be fantastic in one sense, for every team, as it should effectively double each team's feedback, and give both drivers a shot at getting on the pace/getting the car set up for that circuit. It gives a second driver a good chance to get acclimatised for the rest of the season, without penalising the "established" driver. And it gives both drivers extra feedback and support. So one driver goes out, does 5 laps, comes in to make a change, meanwhile the other driver goes out for his 5 laps, etc. No time wasted, and all the teams (especially the less-experienced ones) would benefit. Great idea.

The only downside I can see to that, is that it would effectively mean that all 25 cars would be on track all the time, and I could see that getting pretty crowded, and rather tricky for the drivers to negotiate past the drivers on their out-laps or slowing down laps. It also increases costs for the teams, of course, in terms of engine mileage, tyres, etc, and cost is a major factor for some teams (except bloody France, of course, after all their prize money!!)

For those reasons, as I last understood matters, I don't think they'll be going for this, which would be a shame, although we can but hope. It would help to close the gap between top teams and the others, I'm sure.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 04:32 (Ref:1468021)   #82
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I saw at Sepang, pretty much every team already has two cars. I was told the issue was just one of spare parts. Costs therefore should not increase much.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:30 (Ref:1468868)   #83
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Running costs, Kiwi. And the fact that they would have to take 2 drivers to each venue, which some teams do but some don't.