Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Apr 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3396974)   #2976
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
As I said a few weeks ago - they really can afford to pass on TUSCC as they have a 3-4 car presence in PWC and are fully competitive unlike in TUSCC where the Audis seem to be last in the lunch line. The only surprise would be that the would miss the California event.
I think you mean "the second California event" as they did not compete in the TUSC race at LBGP, either, which is about 20 minutes from their shop. As you stated, GMG has no reason to compete in TUSC. They do have a very good presence in PWC with customer cars, and the "shop" car.

Last edited by Breitling24; 22 Apr 2014 at 22:49.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 23 Apr 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3397026)   #2977
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
I think you mean "the second California event" as they did not compete in the TUSC race at LBGP, either, which is about 20 minutes from their shop. As you stated, GMG has no reason to compete in TUSC. They do have a very good presence in PWC with customer cars, and the "shop" car.
Long beach was not a GTD event so it doesn't really count as “the second California event” for all gtd and PC teams.their presence is better served in pwc with full gt3 audis and all cars being bop'd by the fia already and not constantly being losing bop from Imsa to please Porsche,maybe Cadillac but pwc is much better at it as it seems so far.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3397275)   #2978
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah, forgot that. Didn't really pay attention to LB.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 7 May 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3403188)   #2979
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Some of us will have to get used to referring to the SRT Vipers as Dodges again: SRT has been absorbed as a sub-brand of Dodge (like BMW's M-Division, Mercedes-Benz AMG, etc), and all SRT cars will now be known as Dodge X SRTs.
Old 7 May 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3403386)   #2980
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More on the split races format:

Quote:
“But for some of the other events and at venues that we know we have limitations on pit lane, as that’s usually the deciding factor, [this format would be a consideration].”
Quote:
No changes, however, are expected to be made to this year’s schedule, with consideration being made for 2015, should car counts and pit space be a limiting factor.
From http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/im...t-race-events/

Left on the schedule:
- Detroit: P + GTD, no split
- Kansas: not relevant
- Watkins Glen: NAEC, no split, track long enough anyway
- Mosport*: P + GTLM + GTD, no PC, track just under 2,5 miles, hmmm
- Indy: track just over 2,5 miles (roadcourse) but plenty of pitlane space, expect no split
- Road America: no split, track long enough
- VIR: split, GTLM + GTD and PC + Lites
- COTA: no split, track long enough
- Road Atlanta: NAEC, no split, 2 pitlanes available if necesssary

* Does anybody know how many cars can be accommodated in Mosport's pitlane? Still almost 50 cars without PC (8 cars took the start at Laguna last weekend), surely that's too many there?
Old 7 May 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3403440)   #2981
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well split races could depend on the overall car counts in the future which we all hope will remain high. I think one thing IMSA can do for 2015 that will help big time is to allow GTD to bring back some more GT3'ish elements. I would say get rid of that stupid narrow spec rear wing and allow ABS/TC. I think you can even do that on the Porsche GT America. So that would bring lots of attention. Could even bring back the likes of Dyson and some PWC and Euro GT teams.
Old 7 May 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3403442)   #2982
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

* Does anybody know how many cars can be accommodated in Mosport's pitlane? Still almost 50 cars without PC (8 cars took the start at Laguna last weekend), surely that's too many there?
I don't know, but in alms history there was always a team or two that didn't make the trip north of the border for one reason or another. Don't know if that will happen this year, but it could drag the entry list down a few more.
Old 7 May 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3403523)   #2983
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CTMP has about 52-54 stalls depending on size. Not that it matters, as the track is too small for a combined race.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 7 May 2014 at 21:13.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 7 May 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3403539)   #2984
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
split races at lime rock pls
Old 7 May 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3403552)   #2985
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
CTMP has about 52-54 stalls depending on size. Not that it matters, as the track is too small for a combined race.
It's the same length as Indy and Road Atlanta, both of which hold combined events.
Old 8 May 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3403585)   #2986
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
split races at lime rock pls
I like that idea.
Old 8 May 2014, 03:10 (Ref:3403600)   #2987
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's the same length as Indy and Road Atlanta, both of which hold combined events.
And Laguna isn't but a tickle shorter...I guess a few hundred feet makes a difference eh?
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 May 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3403727)   #2988
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've heard that pit facilities make as much of a difference as track length. Parking five dozen cars and their transporters and crew rigs takes a lot of paddock space, and setting up pit facilities for that many cars is not possible at some tracks.
Old 8 May 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3403742)   #2989
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is value to having the split class format beyond pit space though. The coverage for each individual race is better for sure. I would say for 2015 you can make Mosport and Indy split races. Also can Detroit, bring back Lime Rock and have that a split class event.
Old 8 May 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3403764)   #2990
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I think there is value to having the split class format beyond pit space though. The coverage for each individual race is better for sure. I would say for 2015 you can make Mosport and Indy split races. Also can Detroit, bring back Lime Rock and have that a split class event.

I liked the split races too, but I would be interested to see what the PC and gtd teams thought. I'd imagine that as long as there is equal coverage for both races the teams would be fine with it. On the other hand, having to limit car counts in some events hurts numbers when you split the classes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I've heard that pit facilities make as much of a difference as track length. Parking five dozen cars and their transporters and crew rigs takes a lot of paddock space, and setting up pit facilities for that many cars is not possible at some tracks.
You're right Pit space is typically the limiting factor.
Old 8 May 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3403804)   #2991
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think that the double 2-hour race format should be used in Mosport, Indianapolis, Austin, Lime Rock and Mid-Ohio.

Now, I’d prefer a prototype race and a GT race, so each red class has its own race.
Old 8 May 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3403826)   #2992
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I liked the original idea, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it back.

Personally, I'd rather keep the mix of formats; these Pro races at Laguna and Long Beach were great, but also looking forward to the GTLM/GTD race and would happily watch P/PC races in future too. Especially if the format makes some classic venues such as Lime Rock possible.
Old 8 May 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3403840)   #2993
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would rather they run ALL classes at every race. That is not realistic at some of the current venues. The ALL classes racing provides more action via class interaction than the 2 class format does, which I enjoy. The 2 class format is not bad, but...

L.P.
Old 8 May 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3403845)   #2994
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like why Level 5 closed their doors and will not race anymore.

He probably looking for a place to hide at the moment!

Scott Tucker told the GOV'T that he doesn't own the Pay-Day Businesses but the Miami Indian Tribe does so they can't sue him or file charges against him.But the NY DA got hold of the Pay-Day bank info and guess who transferred a ton of money(100 of million) to Level 5....two Tuckers(one is dead now).

So he is in more trouble than overcharging customers,there going to get him for all the good ones now(pretty much all the bad things you can do with money
to keep it secret from the State and Feds)!
Old 8 May 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3403885)   #2995
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Looks like why Level 5 closed their doors and will not race anymore.

Scott Tucker told the GOV'T that he doesn't own the Pay-Day Businesses but the Miami Indian Tribe does so they can't sue him or file charges against him.But the NY DA got hold of the Pay-Day bank info and guess who transferred a ton of money(100 of million) to Level 5....two Tuckers(one is dead now).

So he is in more trouble than overcharging customers,there going to get him for all the good ones now(pretty much all the bad things you can do with money
to keep it secret from the State and Feds)!
Well hopefully it will be finished soon,I can say that I think level 5 has been done since sebring.i believe Jeff Braun resigned a while back.and at long beach I recognized several ex level 5 crew members and mechanics around the paddock including a few mechanics now working for Mazda.i asked but they wouldn't answer,at laguna I ran across one walking back to the transporter and asked him about level 5,all he said was it doesn't exist and he's been with Mazda since sebring......
Old 8 May 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3403888)   #2996
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
CotA WEC race? Nobody would notice it even happened.

Okay okay bad joke

Hopefully he's put back where he belongs,
Old 8 May 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3403896)   #2997
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No matter what the circumstances, it's always tragic to loose a brother - certainly at that age (Scott is 51) and especially the way it happened...
Old 8 May 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3403901)   #2998
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
No matter what the circumstances, it's always tragic to loose a brother - certainly at that age (Scott is 51) and especially the way it happened...
This, for sure.
Old 8 May 2014, 23:17 (Ref:3403943)   #2999
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would rather they run ALL classes at every race. That is not realistic at some of the current venues. The ALL classes racing provides more action via class interaction than the 2 class format does, which I enjoy. The 2 class format is not bad, but...

L.P.
+1
Old 8 May 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3403944)   #3000
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Very sad situation.