Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Apr 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2864010)   #1
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50th Anniversary Events at Lakeside

With the following events scheduled for Lakeside this year,
May 27-29 Festival of Formula Cars
July 22-24 Festival of Sports Cars and
August 12 - 14 50 Yrs of Touring Cars Inc Shannons Nationals
Web Page here; http://www.qldraceways.com.au/main.php?menu=qrl01
what cars are we likely to see.
I know this is a broad question and I am familiar with the usual historic Touring Cars courtesy of the Bowden and Champion Families but know little about the rest that may pop up for an event like these.
Are there many Single seaters here compared to the large numbers in NZ and are there many Can Am cars still in running order here in Aus?
I believe there is a Matich SR4? somewhere. Any Elfins left?

Just noticed in the expressions of interest bit that entries are limited to 120. Thats a bit disappointing especially for the Touring car event and the numbers that could possibly attend. Hope they just select the true classics then and not too many newer cars.

Last edited by fordo; 15 Apr 2011 at 22:37. Reason: Details on entry numbers
Old 16 Apr 2011, 13:32 (Ref:2864284)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The August Touring Car Festival is expected to have a field of up to 20 genuine Group C & Group A cars plus two fields of Group N cars plus a field of Classic Transam cars plus regularity & sprints.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2864874)   #3
fordo
Racer

Thanks David. Appreciated. I really want to get to all 3 of them especially if there are a few 60s/70s cars there as they are more the stuff I grew up with and remember fondly.
Cheers
Tony
Old 18 Apr 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2865521)   #4
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my friend sent me these pics:
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0012.JPG   DSC_0010.JPG   DSC_0021.JPG  

DSC_0169.JPG   DSC_0170.JPG   DSC_0001.JPG  

Old 20 Apr 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2867228)   #5
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordo View Post
With the following events scheduled for Lakeside this year,
May 27-29 Festival of Formula Cars
July 22-24 Festival of Sports Cars and
August 12 - 14 50 Yrs of Touring Cars Inc Shannons Nationals
Web Page here; http://www.qldraceways.com.au/main.php?menu=qrl01
what cars are we likely to see.
I know this is a broad question and I am familiar with the usual historic Touring Cars courtesy of the Bowden and Champion Families but know little about the rest that may pop up for an event like these.
Are there many Single seaters here compared to the large numbers in NZ and are there many Can Am cars still in running order here in Aus?
I believe there is a Matich SR4? somewhere. Any Elfins left?

Just noticed in the expressions of interest bit that entries are limited to 120. Thats a bit disappointing especially for the Touring car event and the numbers that could possibly attend. Hope they just select the true classics then and not too many newer cars.
The reason for the 120 entry limit is because that is all Lakeside can and is allowed to hold. The grid density at Lakeside is 20 and only six categories are allowed. There are a few reasons for this, one is there are no speakers (hence no method of announcing the teams when to be ready for races for example) near where the old garages are because of limits on the number and placement of speakers, so teams need to be garaged where possible in the pits.

Many of these conditions came about as conditions imposed by the former Pine Rivers Shire Council for the circuit to be re-opened.

Secondly it should be noted that the Shannons Nationals will not be visiting Lakeside in August. The Shannons Nationals series are strongly aligned to CAMS, indeed was formed originally by CAMS as the CAMS Nationals as a replacement for the AMRS, and do not race at circuits without CAMS accreditation. Shannon's are sponsoring the Festival of Touring Cars.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2867234)   #6
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Matich SR4 does go to historic events, as does a SR3. Elfin 360 has race in Queensland recently. Elfin MS7 has raced here, although the car is for sale at the moment. I've shot a Can-Am Elfin MR8A-C. MRC Mk.II (Rennmax), Auscam 600M, Centaur GT, Elfin Mallala, Cooper T39, Ferrari 750, Lister-Jaguar, Gladiator Sports, JWF Milano, Lotus XV, Lotus 23, Lola T70, Porsche 956, Porsche 962, Rennmax Panther, Bella Fury, Ruea C Type, Jolus, Vulcan, Sabrina, Mistral and a strongly resurgent Clubman scene (Mallock, Hooper, Prosport, Minetti, Radical, Nota, Saidor, Galloway, JMW) and a batch of Sports 2000s (Swift, Lola, Royale, Tiga) which seem to increase with every meeting.

Not suggesting in anyway that most or even some of these might come. But these cars have raced in Queensland in the last decade. I suppose decade is a long time, I was just going off a Facebook gallery I posted recently...
Old 28 Apr 2011, 00:28 (Ref:2870974)   #7
fordo
Racer

Thanks Falcadore. Much appreciated. Makes sense and sounds good.