Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3297577)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wow how much money does Enzo have access to? That's a big commitment right there.

For next year I really hope we don't lose some stellar teams such as Turner. I really like those guys.
The article did mention that this is a bit dependent on Venezuela money coming through, so keep your fingers crossed.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3297594)   #52
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The article did mention that this is a bit dependent on Venezuela money coming through, so keep your fingers crossed.
go by citgo gas lol
Old 2 Sep 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3297596)   #53
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
MV66, from ticket renewal reports we've read here, Long Beach is on for 2014. And I'm not going to be terribly happy seeing VIR drop from the calendar, assuming it does.

Beetle, Long Beach is 1.968 miles, and Baltimore is 2.04 miles, without the chicane. Also, the Fountain Complex and the entry to the Hairpin at Long Beach are both narrower than any place on the Baltimore circuit.

The tie to Detroit is the American manufacturers. Chevy sponsors the event. The long course on Belle Isle isn't bad. Without Yacaman making a mess on the first lap of the Grand-Am race, I think that event would have been seen to have gone pretty smoothly.

Mosport isn't actually confirmed yet; so, we don't exactly know which venues are at the front of the line in the middle of the continent. Also, it makes sense to have more races in an area where you have a lot of population, like the Northeast and Upper Midwest.

Myself, I just about expect that Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, VIR, and Barber are gone. If all three rovals return, and all three temporary circuits are locked in by contracts, you then have Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, and Sebring for sure on top of those. If we're down to 11 rounds (just half of what we have this year!), then I suspect it will be Road America and Austin, with Laguna Seca and Mosport both out of luck.

So, I already KNOW that I'm NOT going to be happy about next year's calendar, and I suspect that may be the case for much of the coming decade.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3297599)   #54
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
MV66, from ticket renewal reports we've read here, Long Beach is on for 2014. And I'm not going to be terribly happy seeing VIR drop from the calendar, assuming it does.

Beetle, Long Beach is 1.968 miles, and Baltimore is 2.04 miles, without the chicane. Also, the Fountain Complex and the entry to the Hairpin at Long Beach are both narrower than any place on the Baltimore circuit.

The tie to Detroit is the American manufacturers. Chevy sponsors the event. The long course on Belle Isle isn't bad. Without Yacaman making a mess on the first lap of the Grand-Am race, I think that event would have been seen to have gone pretty smoothly.

Mosport isn't actually confirmed yet; so, we don't exactly know which venues are at the front of the line in the middle of the continent. Also, it makes sense to have more races in an area where you have a lot of population, like the Northeast and Upper Midwest.

Myself, I just about expect that Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, VIR, and Barber are gone. If all three rovals return, and all three temporary circuits are locked in by contracts, you then have Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, and Sebring for sure on top of those. If we're down to 11 rounds (just half of what we have this year!), then I suspect it will be Road America and Austin, with Laguna Seca and Mosport both out of luck.

So, I already KNOW that I'm NOT going to be happy about next year's calendar, and I suspect that may be the case for much of the coming decade.
I can't argue with that... oddly enough it seems like the density of tracks seems to directly correlate with the density of population within the United States!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3297624)   #55
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

F**K this sh*t if tracks like mosport and laguna are sacrafised for Micky mouse rovals and street circuits,or laguna doesn't return than neither will I!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3297711)   #56
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
F**K this sh*t if tracks like mosport and laguna are sacrafised for Micky mouse rovals and street circuits,or laguna doesn't return than neither will I!
If you're not going to sit through the WEC any more and you're not going to bother with the USCR you might need to find a new hobby...
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3297780)   #57
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no400.html
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3297782)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
That is a little sad. Lime Rock is a great little track.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3297790)   #59
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Mosport isn't actually confirmed yet;
Not confirmed, but Mosport was given a contract by USCR to run a race next year, we know that much.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3297798)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A race at Kansas and Indy, but not a Lime Rock. Travesty, but I am not really surprised.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3297826)   #61
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought i would try and put together a little update including any new news on entry and schedule we have.

Would be really helpful if people could post links to articles relating to any entry list schedule stuff, even teams confirming they wont be there, then it makes updating the list easier.

Entry List

Premier Class (DP, LMP2, Deltawing)
x1 Ganassi BMW/Riley
x2 Starworks BMW/Riley (http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20170.html)
x2 Eight Star Corvette/x1 Eight Star ?LMP2? http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...-dpp2-program/
x2 Action Express Corvette
x2 MSR Ford/Riley
x1 WTR Corvette
x2 Sahlen BMW/Riley
x1 Spirit of Daytona Corvette
x1 GAINSCO Corvette
x2 Extreeme Speed HPD
x2 Level 5 HPD
x1 Deltawing Elan/Deltawing

LMPC
x2 BAR1 Motorsports
RSR Racing (Starworks)(http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20170.html)
x1 Performance Tech Motorsports
x1 PR1 Mathiasen
x1 DragonSpeed
x1 CORE Autosports

LMGT
x2 Corvette Racing Corvette
x1 Team Falken Tire Porsche
x1 Team West/AJR Ferrari
x1 Paul Miller Racing Porsche
x2 BMW Team RLL BMW
x1 Risi Competition Ferrari
x2 SRT Motorsports Dodge
x1 CORE Autosports Porsche
x1/2 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin
(Daytona & Sebring) http://www.racer.com/thiim-to-replac...rticle/307311/

DGT
x2 Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche
x1 Marsh Racing Corvette
x1 Magnus Racing Porsche
x1 Fall-Line Motorsports Audi
x1 Stevenson Camaro
x2 AIM Autosport Ferrari
x2 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari
x1 Park Place Porsche
x2 Turner BMW
x1 JDX Racing Porsche
x1 AJR Porsche
x1 Dempsey Racing Porsche
x1 NGT Motorsport Porsche
x2 Flying Lizard Porsche
x2 TRG Porsche
x2 Speedsource Mazda
x1 Napleton Porsche

Schedule
Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Detroit
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Lime Rock http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no400.html
Long Beach
VIR
Barber
Kansas
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3297832)   #62
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Thought i would try and put together a little update including any new news on entry and schedule we have.

Would be really helpful if people could post links to articles relating to any entry list schedule stuff, even teams confirming they wont be there, then it makes updating the list easier.

Entry List

(DP, LMP2, Deltawing)
x1 Ganassi BMW/Riley
x2 Starworks BMW/Riley (http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20170.html)
x2 Eight Star Corvette/x1 Eight Star ?LMP2? http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...-dpp2-program/
x2 Action Express Corvette
x2 MSR Ford/Riley
x1 WTR Corvette
x2 Sahlen BMW/Riley
x1 Spirit of Daytona Corvette
x1 GAINSCO Corvette
x2 Extreeme Speed HPD
x2 Level 5 HPD
x1 Deltawing Elan/Deltawing

LMPC
x2 BAR1 Motorsports
RSR Racing (Starworks)(http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20170.html)
x1 Performance Tech Motorsports
x1 PR1 Mathiasen
x1 DragonSpeed
x1 CORE Autosports

Premier Class. LMGT

x2 Corvette Racing Corvette
x1 Team Falken Tire Porsche
x1 Team West/AJR Ferrari
x1 Paul Miller Racing Porsche
x2 BMW Team RLL BMW
x1 Risi Competition Ferrari
x2 SRT Motorsports Dodge
x1 CORE Autosports Porsche
x1/2 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin
(Daytona & Sebring) http://www.racer.com/thiim-to-replac...rticle/307311/

DGT
x2 Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche
x1 Marsh Racing Corvette
x1 Magnus Racing Porsche
x1 Stevenson Camaro
x2 AIM Autosport Ferrari
x2 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari
x1 Park Place Porsche
x2 Turner BMW
x1 JDX Racing Porsche
x1 AJR Porsche
x2 Flying Lizard Porsche
x2 TRG Porsche
x2 Speedsource Mazda
x1 Napleton Porsche

Schedule
Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Detroit
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Lime Rock http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no400.html
Long Beach
VIR
Barber
Kansas
Fixed it!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3297840)   #63
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
But that's not what you said.

NASCAR tries to inject some kind of history into racing at Indy when nobody cares about anything but the Indy 500 there. F1 drivers never liked the road course and neither do the MotoGP guys. I saw an article about the proposed IndyCar race on the roval and the guy making all of these decisions said they would be changing the circuit if the IndyCars actually raced on it. Good. They couldn't make it any worse, unless they put railroad tracks on it.
I saw the same report.

Of course, IndyCar continues to race on some of the most Mickey Mouse temporary (street) circuits ever devised. Remember the train tracks at San Jose?

After racing there and at Baltimore, the current Indy road course would be an improvement.

Indy was good enough for Bernie and F1 but it's not good enough for IndyCar? Give me a break.

Andy Flinn
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3297843)   #64
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
Gotta go to Kansas, man. It's the greatest, most historic track in the world.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3297846)   #65
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
DGT
x2 Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche -->Probably only one full-time car, if at all, esp. if they stick with the 997.
x1 Marsh Racing Corvette --> moving up to DP
x1 Magnus Racing Porsche
x1 Stevenson Camaro --> gone, due to no more GM factory money.
x2 AIM Autosport Ferrari --> Might be down to 1, with Papis/Segal being an all-pro line-up.
x2 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari -->probably just one car fulltime.
x1 Park Place Porsche
x2 Turner BMW --> Team is not sure if they will be back
x1 JDX Racing Porsche
x1 AJR Porsche
x2 Flying Lizard Porsche
x2 TRG Porsche --> or Astons
x2 Speedsource Mazda
x1 Napleton Porsche --> GX-Porsche not elegible for GTD
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3297850)   #66
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If you're not going to sit through the WEC any more and you're not going to bother with the USCR you might need to find a new hobby...
Don't worry I got plenty, maybe ill have time now to restore my old camaro.plus ditching this sport will save me some vacation time and money.i also have two NFL and two MLB teams within an hours drive , plus sears point isn't too far away and I have no issue with Indy cars.so ill have a few things to do, but all hope is not lost just yet.ill be at laguna this weekend and I hope I can get conformation from some one there.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3297862)   #67
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Don't worry I got plenty, maybe ill have time now to restore my old camaro.plus ditching this sport will save me some vacation time and money.i also have two NFL and two MLB teams within an hours drive , plus sears point isn't too far away and I have no issue with Indy cars.so ill have a few things to do, but all hope is not lost just yet.ill be at laguna this weekend and I hope I can get conformation from some one there.
Just curious. What makes you think Laguna Seca won't be on the schedule next year?

Do you have any evidence?

Andy Flinn
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3297865)   #68
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
DGT
x2 AIM Autosport Ferrari --> Might be down to 1, with Papis/Segal being an all-pro line-up.
Can't have an all-pro line-up in GTD. Also, they may buy a GTE Ferrari, but this is only a rumour.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3297875)   #69
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Gotta go to Kansas, man. It's the greatest, most historic track in the world.
Kansas won't be on the schedule next year. This keeps being repeated by the anti-NASCAR people who love to grind that axe.

Devil's advocate: Lime Rock is a bit of a bullring. The USCR might have trouble fitting all the cars on the track for one race - which would require two separate races (LMP/DP/LMPC and GTLM/GTD). This would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Back in the '80s, the IMSA Camel GT usually split the classes (GTX/GTO and GTU, GTP/GTPLights and GTO/GTU) at Lime Rock into two - sometimes three - races. However, IMSA usually didn't have broadcast restrictions to consider.

Come to think of it, this could be an issue for Laguna Seca as well.

I hope both circuits get dates.

Andy Flinn

Last edited by ACFlinn; 2 Sep 2013 at 16:22.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3297890)   #70
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Not confirmed, but Mosport was given a contract by USCR to run a race next year, we know that much.
And that's something to about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
A race at Kansas and Indy, but not a Lime Rock. Travesty, but I am not really surprised.
I think the main reason they dropped it was because they now don't have to deal with running split races. The fact is, Lime Rock is just too small to host a 40-50 car grid. 30 cars in the ALMS is severely pushing the envelope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Just curious. What makes you think Laguna Seca won't be on the schedule next year?

Do you have any evidence?

Andy Flinn
I agree with you, Andy... I don't think there is any doubt that Laguna Seca will be back.

Look here, according to sources, there are 11 spots allotted for the 2014 USCR schedule. We already know that Daytona will be the first race, a 2014 12 Hours of Sebring is confirmed, and Indy, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Mosport both have contracts, as far as I know. And by the looks of things, Lime Rock will NOT be included in the schedule.

Here's a list of all the tracks run by Grand-Am and ALMS this year:

1. Daytona
2. COTA
3. Barber
4. Road Atlanta
5. Belle Isle
6. Mid-Ohio
7. Watkins Glen
8. Indy
9. Road America
10. Kansas
11. Laguna Seca
12. Lime Rock
13. Sebring
14. Long Beach
15. Baltimore
16. VIR

That means we only have to cut five. Daytona, Sebring, Mosport, Watkins Glen, Indy, and Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta) are "for sure", and COTA, Road America, Kansas, Laguna Seca, Long Beach, and Belle Isle have been labeled "highly likely". That knocks out Barber, Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, Baltimore, and VIR. But we still need to cut one more off the list. If it was me, I'd obviously cut Kansas. I think the most likely to be cut are Long Beach and Kansas - Laguna Seca is a much easier event to put on (permanent facilities, more space, more grid spots, longer circuit, etc), so I don't see it taking the plunge anytime soon. Of course, there's a distinct possibility that there could be a track including that hasn't been mentioned/wasn't included in 2013 ALMS or Grand Am, like Mexico City, Miller, Portland, Sonoma, Toronto, Houston, St. Pete, New Jersey, etc.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3297899)   #71
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Kansas won't be on the schedule next year. This keeps being repeated by the anti-NASCAR people who love to grind that axe.

Devil's advocate: Lime Rock is a bit of a bullring. The USCR might have trouble fitting all the cars on the track for one race - which would require two separate races (LMP/DP/LMPC and GTLM/GTD). This would not necessarily be a bad thing.

Back in the '80s, the IMSA Camel GT usually split the classes (GTX/GTO and GTU, GTP/GTPLights and GTO/GTU) at Lime Rock into two - sometimes three - races. However, IMSA usually didn't have broadcast restrictions to consider.

Come to think of it, this could be an issue for Laguna Seca as well.

I hope both circuits get dates.

Andy Flinn
According to Skip Barber, the track owner, he doesn't beleuve USCR is coming to Lime Rock next year. He said LR is going to beef up their World Challenge event to compensate.

Liime Rock is being dropped for reasons unrelated to the QUALITY of the venue. racing, atmosphere or history. We're going to get Kansas instead, because NASCAR signed a contract with the track. Of course it has to be honored, but Kansas does nothing to mprove the series to anyone outside of NASCAR. I'll look at Kasas' web site again, but I don't believe there's infield camping during roval events. I'd rather have Mid- Ohio than Baltimore (and I WALK to Baltimore), VIR instead of Indy, etc. however, it's going to be politics over quality in Grand-Am 2.0/USCR.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3297901)   #72
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
DGT
x2 Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche -->Probably only one full-time car, if at all, esp. if they stick with the 997.
x1 Marsh Racing Corvette --> moving up to DP
x1 Magnus Racing Porsche
x1 Stevenson Camaro --> gone, due to no more GM factory money.
x2 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari -->probably just one car fulltime.
x1 Park Place Porsche
x2 Turner BMW --> Team is not sure if they will be back
x1 JDX Racing Porsche
x1 AJR Porsche
x2 Flying Lizard Porsche
x2 TRG Porsche --> or Astons
x2 Speedsource Mazda
x1 Napleton Porsche --> GX-Porsche not elegible for GTD
The only Porsche eligible for GTD next year is the 991 America. So any of the existing ALMS GTC teams and additional teams will all have to buy the new car. The only 997 that is eligible to run is the RSR in GTLM. According to sources at Porsche Motorsport NA there will only be approx 15 Americas built for GTD next year!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3297902)   #73
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Swinger View Post
According to Skip Barber, the track owner, he doesn't beleuve USCR is coming to Lime Rock next year. He said LR is going to beef up their World Challenge event to compensate.

Liime Rock is being dropped for reasons unrelated to the QUALITY of the venue. racing, atmosphere or history. We're going to get Kansas instead, because NASCAR signed a contract with the track. Of course it has to be honored, but Kansas does nothing to mprove the series to anyone outside of NASCAR. I'll look at Kasas' web site again, but I don't believe there's infield camping during roval events. I'd rather have Mid- Ohio than Baltimore (and I WALK to Baltimore), VIR instead of Indy, etc. however, it's going to be politics over quality in Grand-Am 2.0/USCR.
NASCAR owns the track. NASCAR owns the series. If they think they can use the contract excuse, that won't work. I would give them more credit if they just came out and told the truth, that this is just a cash-grab.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3297956)   #74
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You need to add a Viper GT3 to GTD
Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3297982)   #75
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
The only Porsche eligible for GTD next year is the 991 America. So any of the existing ALMS GTC teams and additional teams will all have to buy the new car. The only 997 that is eligible to run is the RSR in GTLM. According to sources at Porsche Motorsport NA there will only be approx 15 Americas built for GTD next year!
What? Where was it said that the only eligible porsche is the 991 America?