Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3448105)   #201
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, seeing as I seem to be far more informed than you guys when it comes to the single-seaters, BF3 isn't worth you're time unless you enjoy seeing mediocre drivers with big budgets (and Dan Wells, a good driver with a small budget) driving around Brands Hatch. There are likely to be 5 cars. Five. That's 2 full grid rows and a spare!

As for BRDC F4, the racing is generally really good. Last time out at Silverstone, all 3 races were decided by around 0.5s, with so many drivers in the mix. There are going to be 24 cars I think, and you should enjoy it.

As for the entry lists, I agree about the BGT website, and that it isn't that good when it comes to entry lists. I use the MSVR website (go into the Car Calendar section, you'll find the race meeting lower down) but the entry list for the weekend doesn't seem to be on there yet.

The end.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3448108)   #202
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The timetable:

http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/361...ssue_three.pdf
Old 27 Aug 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3448140)   #203
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Okay, seeing as I seem to be far more informed than you guys when it comes to the single-seaters, BF3 isn't worth you're time unless you enjoy seeing mediocre drivers with big budgets (and Dan Wells, a good driver with a small budget) driving around Brands Hatch. There are likely to be 5 cars. Five. That's 2 full grid rows and a spare!
Oh dear. I knew the numbers were low but I thought they had crept up from the start of the season. I guess not. Oh well, I'll grab a snooze during the F3 then!

Quote:
As for BRDC F4, the racing is generally really good. Last time out at Silverstone, all 3 races were decided by around 0.5s, with so many drivers in the mix. There are going to be 24 cars I think, and you should enjoy it.
At least the grid is a decent size for the F4 - not sure how interesting it'll be though. The cars are just a bit 'meh' though aren't they? Not really big and shouty enough to hold the interest for long. I also don't think they've got the comedy value of the Palmer Audi stuff either - there were some fantastically inept drivers in that.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3448148)   #204
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
At least the grid is a decent size for the F4 - not sure how interesting it'll be though. The cars are just a bit 'meh' though aren't they? Not really big and shouty enough to hold the interest for long. I also don't think they've got the comedy value of the Palmer Audi stuff either - there were some fantastically inept drivers in that.
From what I've seen 2 years ago (on tellie, unfortunately not in real life...) the races were really entertaining (and you get to watch 3 of them!), lots of battles and close racing all race long, definitely worth a recommendation!

Btw, what is CoB?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3448150)   #205
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Btw, what is CoB?
I think it's 'Champion of Brands' which had always been Formula Ford as far as I'm aware.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3448160)   #206
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Thx.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3448294)   #207
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there an entrylist online anywhere for this? I had a look on the British GT website but couldn't find one for Brands.
Ask and you shall receive...

Full list for all races
Old 27 Aug 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3448296)   #208
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Is there an entrylist online anywhere for this? I had a look on the British GT website but couldn't find one for Brands.
Entrylist still doesn't seem to be on the official site, but DSC now have it up:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...h-entry-2.html

Biscuits covered the main changes in the entry for this one, but there are a few more- The Generation Bentley seems to be AWOL, and apart from running a third car for Hughes/Firth, Triple Eight have had a bit of a switcharound of drivers in their other two - Joe Osbourne swaps from #88 to partner Derek Johnstone in #888, while Ryan Ratcliffe steps up from the absent Optimum Ginetta in GT4 to share #88 with Lee Mowle.

In addition, Richard Abra/Mark Poole are obviously absent as White/Sharp are using their MP Motorsport Aston

The GPRM Toyota is back again as well, still as an 'Invitation' entry, so presumably the GT4 homologation isn't completed.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3448313)   #209
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
And an ex champion returns in 2015 with a new team for the GTC class - Tommy Erdos and Euospares Racing - Both cars should be on display this weekend at Brand Hatch

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...p-in-2015.html
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3448322)   #210
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I fail to see how an oversubscribed series like British GT needs a new class, but maybe that's just me.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3448325)   #211
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Because if you can attract a sensibly size GTC class you get a standalone race for GT4 - and therefore a support package with more depth and relevance.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3448419)   #212
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not sure you're doing GT4 any favors with that, though... They'd presumably not be part of the announced live broadcasts for next year and don't have too much in the way of strength in numbers as it stands.

Do 10 GT4s really make for an attractive support race?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3448421)   #213
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Ask and you shall receive...

Full list for all races
Thanks!

Should be some good racing (apart from the F3 and Formula Fords). Hope it stays dry on Sunday now
Old 28 Aug 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3448433)   #214
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
GT4 combined with the Aston V8 field should mean a decent grid and the majority of them in good looking cars

But yes, it would likely mean less coverage for GT4. But the GT3s are the main attraction to the sport and SRO know that. It's a compromise that they are willing to make - a larger GT3 field at the expense (coverage wise) of the GT4s, but coverage is the only downside I can see for the GT4s...
Old 28 Aug 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3448444)   #215
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
GT4 combined with the Aston V8 field should mean a decent grid and the majority of them in good looking cars

But yes, it would likely mean less coverage for GT4. But the GT3s are the main attraction to the sport and SRO know that. It's a compromise that they are willing to make - a larger GT3 field at the expense (coverage wise) of the GT4s, but coverage is the only downside I can see for the GT4s...
The GT4 boys already feel like the poor relation, the current TV coverage only gives them a fleeting mention usually.
If a separate GT4 series was created and SRO made it attractive to entrants such that it had a full grid, it would probably warrant its own TV slot.
Win Win...
Old 28 Aug 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3448445)   #216
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Maybe it could at least a mention in the main event coverage. They can show brief highlights or something. I've always thought that, when the BBC show an F1 event live, they give a brief overview of the 2 GP2 races in that pointless 1 hour build-up rather than desperately interview a clueless celebrity on the grid!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3448446)   #217
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 308GTB View Post
The GT4 boys already feel like the poor relation, the current TV coverage only gives them a fleeting mention usually.
If a separate GT4 series was created and SRO made it attractive to entrants such that it had a full grid, it would probably warrant its own TV slot.
Win Win...
It also means that F3 can be jettisoned completely from the package and you've got something decent to slot into the timetable instead.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3448472)   #218
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Is that a firm plan or just speculation?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3448499)   #219
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
From what I've seen 2 years ago (on tellie, unfortunately not in real life...) the races were really entertaining (and you get to watch 3 of them!), lots of battles and close racing all race long, definitely worth a recommendation!

Btw, what is CoB?
My sentiments exactly, I think the series is a real gem in terms of the racing it seems to produce. Well worth watching. I'll watch this anyday over a lot of single seater racing irrespective of formulae.

Anyway, I was hoping to be at Brands this weekend but prior commitments means I can't. I'll aim for Donington.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3448508)   #220
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It also means that F3 can be jettisoned completely from the package and you've got something decent to slot into the timetable instead.
I'd like to think that British F3 could be revived - it was a good series up until 2 or 3 years ago (happy to be corrected on the number of years) with full grids for the International and National sub series. However, it's demise is discussed elsewhere & as it stands it looks like a lost cause.

No big Mercedes this weekend? The one I'm thinking of was run by one of the F3 teams (Carlin/Fortec?)
Old 29 Aug 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3448764)   #221
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
I'd like to think that British F3 could be revived - it was a good series up until 2 or 3 years ago (happy to be corrected on the number of years) with full grids for the International and National sub series. However, it's demise is discussed elsewhere & as it stands it looks like a lost cause.
Have to admit I'm not a huge single seater fan anyway so the loss of F3 is no big deal to me (F3 or F4 - one is plenty on the package thanks).

Quote:
No big Mercedes this weekend? The one I'm thinking of was run by one of the F3 teams (Carlin/Fortec?)
I think it's Fortec - and I believe they're running in the Blancpain championship this year. Whilst the Merc was good for a bit more variety on the grid it wasn't the best sounding car (although I seem to be in the minority with that view!). I'm looking forward to seeing / hearing the Bentley in the flesh.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3448780)   #222
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Generation Bentley have pulled out of the Championship

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...programme.html
Old 29 Aug 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3448781)   #223
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes, BF3 was very good in 2011 and still a credible series in 2012, but since has faded, and is hardly being helped by Gerhard Berger's and his vision. Fortec did run the Mercs and they are in the Blancpain series.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3448789)   #224
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Generation Bentley have pulled out of the Championship

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...programme.html

Wow that's a sudden change of heart. And for the first Bentley customer team too. When I first saw the headline I just assumed it was about money-as it normally is
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3448791)   #225
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wow that's a sudden change of heart. And for the first Bentley customer team too. When I first saw the headline I just assumed it was about money-as it normally is
It's toys out of pram - much like United Autosports and their McLarens.