Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Apr 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3397451)   #26
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jinx, you owe each other a coke. If they didn't have such massive sand traps there, I think the FCY's would be more minimal.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3397456)   #27
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My early predictions for victory will be the 42 Morgan Nissan for Proto and the 91 SRT Viper in GTLM.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 00:52 (Ref:3397518)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
My early predictions for victory will be the 42 Morgan Nissan for Proto and the 91 SRT Viper in GTLM.
You can always see how those predictions stack up by entering the FRC:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141376
Old 24 Apr 2014, 01:39 (Ref:3397530)   #29
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I wish the guy from americanlemansfans.com came over here and continued his prediction pool. It was very nicely run and easier to compare than posting on a forum (linked to live t/s).
Old 24 Apr 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3397539)   #30
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
I wish the guy from americanlemansfans.com came over here and continued his prediction pool. It was very nicely run and easier to compare than posting on a forum (linked to live t/s).
Joeb does a great job with the Ten-Tenths one, too.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3397541)   #31
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Still does just via emails!

http://www.daronhume.com/picks/
Old 24 Apr 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3397542)   #32
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Wtr and corvette racing will take it.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3397544)   #33
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Still does just via emails!

http://www.daronhume.com/picks/
Thanks! Now to get on that mailing list...
Old 24 Apr 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3397824)   #34
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkNaked View Post
Our regular crew will also be up in Corkscrew View. Just a few spaces down from Erik. Space #573 I think.... (and space #90 on Wednesday night, and maybe also on Sunday night.) Hi Erik!!
I can vouch for the hospitality of this camping crew!

Great group of guys. Sorry I won't be there this year. Losing interest, plus vacation time for trip to Le Mans = No Laguna Seca. Tell everyone hi from me. At least I won't have to worry about Manic Mechanic hitting on my wife!
Old 24 Apr 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3397874)   #35
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Looking forward to it, even with the **** poor coverage I've come to expect from FOX Sports 1. Luckily, the races themselves don't interfere... FIA WEC is on Saturday and both TUSC races are on Sunday. I'll probably watch it live and live through the ads. Oh how bad can it be?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3398100)   #36
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Joeb does a great job with the Ten-Tenths one, too.
Yes, he does. I still enjoy daron's also. I do a split strategy and participate in both!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3398194)   #37
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
DP's given a ~1mm smaller restrictor, and the Ford has had it's boost turned down .79 psi.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3398210)   #38
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's hope that balances things and we no longer need to wonder if the winner earned the victory.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3398214)   #39
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Viper needs a weight break to be competitive. No reason Porsche should be 1225, 1235kg. That V10 is breathing through straws as is but no reason it should be 25 or 30kg heavier than the Vette. I too think tusc is playing favorites.
It is there to counter balance the fact that the 8 liter engine should have baseline (before BoPping) restrictor in the area of 26.X or 27.X, but for some reason they managed to get lobby themselves 28.X baseline restrictor + BoP break in 2012. Which is absolutely not what the displacement vs restrictor rules say. Again, not the BoP restrictor value, but the original baseline size.

And just for the same reason there is absolutely no reason (again apart from the politics) for them to have bigger air restrictor for 8 liter V10 than Corvette has for 5,5 liter V8. In both non-BoPped and BoPed restrictor sizes!!

Having 20 kg (used to be 30kg originally) more than Corvette is pretty damn irrelevant in that sight. Plus they have larger fuel tank than anyone else - 7 liters more than C7.R - so you know

Wasn't complaining of Viper one of the reasons why I left this place the last time? Maybe I should keep more quiet

edit - fixed values

Last edited by Deleted; 25 Apr 2014 at 18:40.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3398218)   #40
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is 0.9 or 1 mm enough? I still bet on the straights it will be advantage to Ford. I hope to see a Corvette win the prototype division at Laguna Seca this time around.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3398221)   #41
Ken_T
Rookie

United States
Texas
Ken_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quoted as dropping the horsepower 10-14. May help at Laguna but Road America? Belle Isle?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3398243)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_T View Post
Quoted as dropping the horsepower 10-14. May help at Laguna but Road America? Belle Isle?
I wonder if that is enough?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3398259)   #43
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all wonder if it is enough--including Scot Elkins. You know, this is TUSC---they don't actually Test important technical changes. Why bother?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3398283)   #44
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have done SOMETHING, therefore we complainers can't say they are doing NOTHING, but it really is bupkus.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3398287)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It is there to counter balance the fact that the 8 liter engine should have baseline (before BoPping) restrictor in the area of 26.X or 27.X, but for some reason they managed to get lobby themselves 28.X baseline restrictor + BoP break in 2012. Which is absolutely not what the displacement vs restrictor rules say. Again, not the BoP restrictor value, but the original baseline size.

And just for the same reason there is absolutely no reason (again apart from the politics) for them to have bigger air restrictor for 8 liter V10 than Corvette has for 5,5 liter V8. In both non-BoPped and BoPed restrictor sizes!!

Having 20 kg (used to be 30kg originally) more than Corvette is pretty damn irrelevant in that sight. Plus they have larger fuel tank than anyone else - 7 liters more than C7.R - so you know

Wasn't complaining of Viper one of the reasons why I left this place the last time? Maybe I should keep more quiet

edit - fixed values
Looking at the big picture, size of the engine does not make it the same as say, size of power. But a bigger size of engine can mean a bigger size of fuel usage. And a bigger weight of the engine. Then you see the tank size is a tradeoff, bigger fuel weight on top of thirstier heavier engine with not much more power vs newer lighter engine(s) with better consumption. Its ballance of performance but its not perfect. What it really is though, is confusing
Old 25 Apr 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3398299)   #46
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
We all wonder if it is enough--including Scot Elkins. You know, this is TUSC---they don't actually Test important technical changes. Why bother?

They have data from the engine BoP tests they did earlier in the year when they ran several restrictors on each engine. They can also interpolate and extrapolate easily enough given the relatively small adjustments they want.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3398300)   #47
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Spratt View Post
They have data from the engine BoP tests they did earlier in the year when they ran several restrictors on each engine. They can also interpolate and extrapolate easily enough given the relatively small adjustments they want.
TRACK TEST
Old 25 Apr 2014, 23:19 (Ref:3398309)   #48
Maelochs
Veteran

People might respond to the one post I just made ... but I am considering the entire history of TUSC's laughable BoP attempts, going back to when they dithered around so much a Private Team (SDR) had to make its own parts and say, "See, this is how it's done."

Even that wasn't enough. Relying on their Data and Interpolating and Extrapolating from their recorded statistics, they... completely screwed up.

They did no testing, made no effort to do testing, counted on private teams to do the testing for them, when of course those private teams were testing completely other things, completely skewing the data.

Still they relied on their recorded statistics, and extrapolated the DPs into three race wins.

Wow, you mean simulations and calculations aren't the same as reality? No!!!!!!!

TUSC has yet to actually take a car of each type, set them up identically, and have neutral drivers do laps to actually Test (not extrapolate, not calculate, not imagine) what their proposed changes would do.

Think about it. These cars are going to Test these changes During a Race. If the changes are incorrect, half the P-class field gets screwed—again.

TUSC is too cheap to buy an old P2 and an old DP—or rent one that is or is not running in the series now—and actually TEST their proposed changes.

If it works, pats on their own backs for all. If not—still, pats on their own backs for trying so hard.

B ... S.

They could hit-or-miss their way through this entire season, without ever getting it right.

On the other hand ... how many hours do Audi or Porsche spend just to test one car? When BES or FIA want to BoP GT3s, do they rely on simulations and calculations?

Hmmm ... wonder why not?

(For the record, I think that at Laguna Seca 15 bhp Might be enough to even the two types of P-cars. But thinking a thing isn't anything even vaguely related to Knowing that thing ... )

I have a lot of respect for Scot Elkins and I know he has a hard job to do, but I am not such a complete fanboi that I am not going to call BS when I am wading through it. I am sure he will say he doesn't have the budget for it ... which is then an indictment of management higher up.

How many times did Ed Bennett and Scott Atherton say, "We know we only have one chance to get this right"?

When do you suppose they will actually take that chance?
Old 26 Apr 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3398323)   #49
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
People might respond to the one post I just made ...

snip

When do you suppose they will actually take that chance?

I didn't say that they were correct...

And believe me, I have much more to lose from them getting this wrong than you do.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3398448)   #50
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
Actually, they got it right, just a little too right and the DPs are a little too superior. They are only supposed to win most of the races, not all. Now all will be fixed as 15 hp out of 600 is supposed to do that. Remember the DPs are promised to be the top class, P2s are only allowed. The fans are supposed to believe it's even and the DP owners and manufacturers stay happy. They seem to believe that the fan base they bought is dumb enough to believe their PR.