Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1043802)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst things youve seen people do whilst Driving

Whilst driving today , i past a women who was obviously steering the car with her knees as she had 2 hands on her mobile phone as she was texting ...???

then , i past a coach ...(who had a coach full of people ) and the driver just lifted both hands off the wheel and started combing his hair !!!

Whats the worst things youve seen people do whilst Driving ?..

Last edited by Sato san; 22 Jul 2004 at 19:49.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1043803)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Re: Worst things youve seen poeple do whilst Driving

Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Whilst driving today , i past a women who was obviously steering the car with her knees as she had 2 hands on her mobile phone as she was texting ...???

then , i past a coach ...(who had a coach full of people ) and the driver just lifted both hands off the wheel and started combing his hair !!!

What's wrong with those people? I find it most annoying when I spill coffee while I try and pour it from my flask as I go round a roundabout, i did it today and ended up putting the rear wheels of my truck on the kerb.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1043804)   #3
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
a BMW overtake a line of 30mph traffic at about 70mph, only to find out why the cars were sticking to the limit...a BIG white, yellow and orange mobile police speed trap. good ol' Big Balls Beemer man was certainly the tame creature when they pulled him over a few hundred yards later

ive been in a car where my so-called friend was driving well over the speed limit (to my disdain) and suddenly the phone rings and he says "steer the car while i try to find my phone"

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 22 Jul 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1043858)   #4
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Usually texting or women doing their make up
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1043920)   #5
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a woman driving in the fast lane at 70mph which was slower than we were doing, she wouldnt move over so we passed up the inside. As we passed I noticed her tyre was flat so we slowed down and tried to tell her and she just stuck two's up at us. So we just carried on.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1043933)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
70 is the speed limit
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1043937)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
70 is the speed limit
Only when the police are watching
If my dad did 155mph on the M20, and nobody saw it, did it happen?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1043943)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It did if his tyre exploded and he crashed heavily!
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1043945)   #9
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats what my uncle said as we were doing 140mph down the A14...until i reminded him; "if they find a lump of twisted metal and splattered flesh they bloody-well will"

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 22 Jul 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1043959)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, but I'd be dead so I wouldn't care...
I should mention though that this car is supposed to be able to do 155, I should think the tyres would hold (famous last words).
155mph is rather excessive though, 90 is more my speed
(70mph is too slow IMO)

Seriously though, the funniest thing I've ever seen on the road was in Italy. We were overtaken whilst en route from Pisa to Monaco by a hot hatch with a sofa and a dishwasher or washing machice (something of that shape and size) tied to its roof.
We were doing 80mph
Old 22 Jul 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1043990)   #11
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A man in front of us suddenly left the road for no apparent reason. After he traveled approximately 50 feet through the trees to a stop we noticed his girlfreind hitting him wildly. Funny, she wasn't there before he left the road.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1044029)   #12
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Resurrected from a thread last December time

A Cheshire Police patrol this morning saw a driver going round a roundabout apparently using a hand held mobile phone. They pulled him over - when they pointed out to him that it is now illegal to use a hand held phone while driving he replied 'I wasn't using a phone, I was having a shave.

####################

This morning I saw something that I really couldn't believe. This BMW (had to be a woman) lurched across the lane towards me, but just in time swerved back! To my astonishment, when I pulled alongside I saw the woman driver driving with her knees while she attempted to apply full make up!

I was so astonished, I dropped my shaver into my coffee, which splashed my thighs and made such a bang when it shorted out that I bit my other hand instead of the slice of toast I was holding! And what with all the commotion, I inadvertently cut off AN IMPORTANT PHONE CALL!

Sheesh! Women drivers!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 00:48 (Ref:1044043)   #13
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

*Note-may not be appropriate for all ages
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 23 Jul 2004, 04:04 (Ref:1044108)   #14
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually watched a couple switch driver and passenger on the highway i'm guessing cruise control because they didn't slow a bit
Old 23 Jul 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1044427)   #15
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The worst thing I've seen someone do when I've been out on my bike is drive into my leg, but hey, it's all relative.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 11:09 (Ref:1044444)   #16
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Worst things youve seen people do whilst Driving

Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san

I know a truck driver that could type out an SMS while driving.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1044460)   #17
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to sit behind cars at the traffic lights and when they started to read the newspaper I would blow the air horn (I was diving a truck) When they hear the horn they take off and then they put the newspaper down ... it is then they realise that they have driven through a red light! (don't do it unless the intersection is clear or you will be stuck behind an accident!)
Old 23 Jul 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1044500)   #18
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The craziest thing I ever saw was a man riding a small motorcycle, with his wife and four kids as passengers. They also carried a big axe and a gun.

And this was in a part of bolivia where there were no helmets, and roads were strips of semi-compacted sand. They did amazing things with those little 120cc bike's. I've seen 'em transport two-person beds and other bits of large furniture on their motorbike's.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1044528)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Re: Re: Worst things youve seen people do whilst Driving

Quote:
Originally posted by retro
I know a truck driver that could type out an SMS while driving.
You don't know me. Anyway, I dropped the phone
Old 23 Jul 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1044533)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know of a truck driver who thought he could type out an SMS while driving. He's now serving time for causing death by dangerous driving. The incredible thing was, he took the time to type " got to go - had an accident" and sent the text!!

Hopefully as a way of nudging people towards less 'busy' parts of ten-tenths, I'm going to move this to the Road Car forum ... if it disappears I got it wrong (again) .

Last edited by garcon; 23 Jul 2004 at 12:30.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1044614)   #21
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, that seemed to work!

Been thinking of other examples.

I was on a coach years ago travelling in Europe when the drivers swapped places at 50mph on the motorway...

I've lost count of the number of BMWs (it's always BMWs) that I've had to take some sort of action to avoid because the driver was on the phone. Surely if you or your company can afford a BMW, you can afford a hands-free kit? There really isn't any excuse anymore. (reminds self - must get round to having handsfree kit fitted!! ). Introducing the law has made very little difference it seems - of course, seeing as our traffic police patrols have been replaced by speed cameras, there's no-one to catch them.

I think I've seen the full range of make-up, shaving, eating, drinking, map reading etc etc. It pays to take notice of what every road user is doing and expect the worst.

I was once followed by Mr Beckham on his way to training in the Bentley, eating a slice of toast and drinking from a mug of coffee as he drove! Does a Bentley have cupholders?!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1044703)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Before using mobile phones whilst driving was illegal i was once texting Sato san that i could see all the F1 transporters heading the other direction on the M25, i looked up and all the traffic in front of me had stopped, i was doing about 70 mph!

Needless to say, i didn't finish the text message and i don't do it anymore!

Last edited by Mr V; 23 Jul 2004 at 14:29.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1044802)   #23
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A particularly bad bit of driving was what i saw the other day in central London, where a white van used at least 50 yards of the pavement to overtake traffic, forcing pedestrians onto the road!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1045173)   #24
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope you yelled at Craig to smarten up!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 05:21 (Ref:1045313)   #25
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
I used to sit behind cars at the traffic lights and when they started to read the newspaper I would blow the air horn (I was diving a truck) When they hear the horn they take off and then they put the newspaper down ... it is then they realise that they have driven through a red light! (don't do it unless the intersection is clear or you will be stuck behind an accident!)
Its also fun to do when there is a car in front of them and watch them run up the back of the car in front

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either