Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was your Eurpoean GP driver of the race?
M Schumacher 23 36.51%
Barrichello 1 1.59%
Button 5 7.94%
Fisichella 10 15.87%
Webber 2 3.17%
Sato 18 28.57%
Coulthard 1 1.59%
Raikkonen 3 4.76%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 May 2004, 13:52 (Ref:988200)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
European Grand Prix : Driver of the race

OK here we are again. We will start with a quick reminder of what this competition is about.
Quote:
After every race, I will run a poll "Driver of the race". You can vote however you like, but for this to work members need to vote for the best race weekend performance, regardless if its your favorite driver or not. It will become pointless if Montoya fans vote for Juan or Webber fans vote for Mark (unless they deserve it of course ).

The polls will run for 10 days, and then the votes will show a winner, 2nd and 3rd.

Winner - 5 points
2nd - 3 points
3rd - 1 point

We will continue to do this every race and at the end, the points will be added and a Ten-Tenths Driver of the Year will be crowned.

Our champion could drive a Ferrari, Williams, Sauber or even a Minardi, as the race results are unimportant, but what the driver acheived on a race by race basis over the season.
First nominations (others can be added).

Michael Schumacher. Bosch! A win.
Rubens. A different strategy.
Jenson. Another podium.
Fisi. Would he ever pit! A good sixth.
Webber. Penalty, a little heavy. Points.
Kimi. Second early on. Bang.
DC. Heavy again, good first lap. Bang.
Sato. The quickest Michelin guy. The quickest other than TGF. Daft move? Bang.

Anymore, just say.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:00 (Ref:988209)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agree with all the above Adam. MS was a (Mickey the) shoe-in. RB did well but was hardly spectacular especially leaving the door open for "kamikaze". He was lucky to finish after that.

Kimi was good but he made the whole thing tedious. DC made a great run but it was never going anywhere.

Fisi? Yep he's starting to show a bit of grit but............ nope.

Webber? Best race of his season so far but I'm getting a bit disolussioned with him.

Has to be Jenson just because he made a brilliant move on DC(both kept it clean) and kept out of trouble to score another podium. BAR and Button, the very best of the rest.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:03 (Ref:988211)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sato for me.....his best qualifying yet, followed by his best race yet.

The move can be classed as daft I suppose....but it's one of those that could have gone right and made him look a star. Kudos to him for having a go!
Old 30 May 2004, 14:07 (Ref:988216)   #4
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato - despite his faux pas with Barrichello.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:10 (Ref:988219)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i will go for MS... too good again no mistakes.... I could give it to Sato for driving well but he showed that one thoughtless moment can cost and MS did extreamly well to stay out of trouble with Webber and Panis
Old 30 May 2004, 14:16 (Ref:988226)   #6
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ms.....pole, race win, and a great opening stint....sato a close second....it goes from bad to worse for both mclaren and williams....
Old 30 May 2004, 14:20 (Ref:988232)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Michael. Would have been Taku, had it not been for the brain fart trying to overtake Rubens. Another fantastic drive from Fisi

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 30 May 2004 at 14:22.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:27 (Ref:988245)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Ferrari will ever let Ruben's run Michael's strategy or is he always going to get the 2nd place one.
If he had the opportunity I am pretty sure he could bring home the win, in what is so obviously a dominant car.
Button gets my vote. Good move on DC when he needed to, and was solidly consistent.
Sato really needs to take some deep-breathing exercises. Not even close to try that move.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 May 2004, 14:29 (Ref:988248)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael...

I almost was willing Sato on..he was soooo impressive until he made that silly over ambitious move..and that really ruined a great posititon and result (honestly, i think he'd get 2nd if he's more patient.

So Michael nicks it again. Awesome pace, flawless race..another MS-style victory. The pace at which he raced at is simply mind-blowing.. and once again silence his critics.

Oh..and while at it, i'd say good Fisi/Sauber ran another 2 stopper race to grab useful points, while Klien did a great job in a far inferior and struggling car to defend against JPM.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:33 (Ref:988254)   #10
Pirtek Racing
Racer

Pirtek Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm finding it hard to determine a best driver, mainly because the last 10 laps were so boring and i forgot who drove well

my best:
MS
Sato
Fisi

quiet achievers:
button
trulli
alonso
Old 30 May 2004, 15:09 (Ref:988321)   #11
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael. Sato would have run him close.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:20 (Ref:988338)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I was going to go for Fisi, but dispite his "mistake" trying to take Rubens, i feel that Sato was still the man of the race, had it not have been for yet another Honda blow up, i'm confident that he still could have come home in 4th or 5th.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:24 (Ref:988341)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato. His move on Rubens may have been over-aggressive, but here is a guy who is willing to have a go. Dave Richards has told both drivers not to be afraid of going for the gap. Sato was taking that advice. I say good on him for having the cajones to go for that gap.

Add to that his race pace - the only one on Michelins doing ANYTHING all race - and his weekend pace previously and it was almost the perfect weekend. Almost...
Old 30 May 2004, 15:25 (Ref:988343)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without the Honda blowing up AND without that poorly judged move on RB, Sato could have scored his best result of 2nd!

He's impressive this race, and that blow up and mistake just looked more disappointing. But for once, he cleanly out-performed his respectable teammate.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:26 (Ref:988345)   #15
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi, 6th from back of grid in a Sauber is a good effort. MS is just predictably great from start to finish, no surprise there.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:53 (Ref:988380)   #16
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MS here .. .

Ciao Marco
Old 30 May 2004, 15:56 (Ref:988384)   #17
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher because of the way he controlled the race from start to finish.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:57 (Ref:988387)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really wished I could give it to Sato. Was his daft move enough to erase everything else? Hmmm.
Old 30 May 2004, 16:54 (Ref:988424)   #19
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Fisichella, Michael was brilliant, without a doubt, but starting from the back and finishing 6th, great race!
Old 30 May 2004, 17:17 (Ref:988440)   #20
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's gotta be Michael, followed by Fisi, followed by Jenson.
Old 30 May 2004, 17:24 (Ref:988442)   #21
bulldogspirit
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
bulldogspirit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF again, 14 secs clear in 6 laps, ok Raikkonen was holding the queue, but yet again he sealed the race before the 1st ad break!
Old 31 May 2004, 11:24 (Ref:989125)   #22
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Sato even though he stuffed it up in the end.
Thankfully he didn't put Rubens out. Schumacher was...well...Schumacher, but Sato by a wisker.
Old 31 May 2004, 11:28 (Ref:989130)   #23
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari is expected to win and place. The next best gets the award. Button.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 31 May 2004, 12:34 (Ref:989192)   #24
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Accepting once again that MS cannot win, my vote to Fisichella, I mean, starting from the last positions and get to the points grace to a flawless and intelligent racing.
After all is not driving a top car, and made it very well. Bravo.
Old 31 May 2004, 15:04 (Ref:989314)   #25
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to say Fisi. 19th to 6th scoring 3 points. Well done.

Sato was a close second though.