Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2739484)   #1
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f3

hi i am thinking of coming up for the f3 on the saturday as a marshal or watching but can we park in the car park by the cafe as normal or do we need to park on the camp site thanks
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2739486)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you're talking about Silverstone, then yes, you will be able to park in the paddock car park.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2739504)   #3
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskench View Post
hi i am thinking of coming up for the f3 on the saturday as a marshal or watching but can we park in the car park by the cafe as normal or do we need to park on the camp site thanks
I hope you have not made yourself available to marshal, got the passes and hope to just spectate-that is a big no no!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 5 Aug 2010, 06:23 (Ref:2739667)   #4
crazychix
Rookie

England
Clevedon Nr Bristol
crazychix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 is on at Thruxton this weekend I have volounteered to Marshall but car is poorly and can't get up there I live in South Bristol if anyone is passing j20 M5
Old 5 Aug 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2739683)   #5
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To answer the question, then, as long as you have a ticket (of any kind, but hopefully not abusing a Marshals ticket) then you will be allowed to park in the *Public* car park with everyone else (excluding those Marshals who have been given a Track Pass). I doubt with all the trucks and other vehicles in the paddock that there will be enough room for marshals private vehicles inside the circuit.

Last year's event had a big truck display behind the restaurant so that removed any ability to park there at all.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2739914)   #6
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was thinking of coming over to marshal this one, whats the camping and breakfast like?
Old 5 Aug 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2739931)   #7
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystacks View Post
Was thinking of coming over to marshal this one, whats the camping and breakfast like?
Being close to home, I've never camped at thruxton, but the breakfasts are not bad. They do cost (as opposed to the usual MSVR freebies at their events/circuits) so dont say we didnt warn you.

From others, I have heard that the truck meet is quite a good fun event, with lots of the 'promotional tents' staying open for marshals to enjoy.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2739973)   #8
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
I hope you have not made yourself available to marshal, got the passes and hope to just spectate-that is a big no no!
no i have a marshals pass as i marshal there but havnt put name down to marshal it yet not sure if i like to or not
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2740007)   #9
focuszetec
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
focuszetec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Camping is OK having only having to camp there once (and that was BTCC weekend) and the breakfasts are quite nice. Never had any issues.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2740051)   #10
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskench View Post
If you mean Silverstone. The car park by the Paddock Diner is only used by marshals for sign on then we move our cars and go to our posts. Or if you are up for the weekend then leave your car in the campsite. There is NO parking for the day and wandering round watching the racing if your just one of the public. In fact if you are you should not be in there with your car.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2740058)   #11
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's this weekend, then it's Thruxton

If it's not this weekend, then It's Silverstone.

I suspect when Chris says he has a marshals pass then he's talking about Silverstone as to my knowledge Thruxton don't issue them? Happy to be proved otherwise on that. Chris... when you say you're doing something on Saturday, it is useful if you specify which Saturday you're talking about otherwise none of us have got a clue!

However, I find it rather interesting that someone would consider using a Marshals pass of some description (and benefits attached) to spectate. I'm sure that it is clear what effect this could cause if the practice becomes widespread?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2740252)   #12
Pompey Greg
Rookie

England
Portsmouth
Pompey Greg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ill be there with my bro m8 camping from friday night, will be happy to knock you up a bacon buttie in the morn, dont know what time the bar is open till tho m8
Old 6 Aug 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2740484)   #13
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will probably arrive Sat morning. See you there Greg.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2746151)   #14
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
i was going to marshal saturday and watch on sunday thats what i ment but a freind died so i didnt do it not just to watch so if some people thought i was going to do that ur so worng