Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3237482)   #851
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
migliacars has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadboy View Post
It's one of the friendliest championships if you're in the clique.

Some people can't see the wood for the trees. The DDMC are actually doing a very good job against some ridiculous opposition to change. Evolve or die, its the way its always been.

Dan

Daniel I have to 100% agree with Bigandy. Please stop trying to make mountains out of mole hills. The issue is in hand and no amount of childish bickering will change this. If you want bigger grids in class A buy a sports racing car and race it, but this will mean entering the championship.

please lets leave this alone now.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3237507)   #852
roadboy
Racer

roadboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by migliacars View Post
Daniel I have to 100% agree with Bigandy. Please stop trying to make mountains out of mole hills. The issue is in hand and no amount of childish bickering will change this. If you want bigger grids in class A buy a sports racing car and race it, but this will mean entering the championship.

please lets leave this alone now.
No logic then, just a "please let's leave this alone now".

I'm pretty sure that I just made a simple logical suggestion earlier in the thread and you and Andy have done a great job of making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'll just sit back and watch the championship continue to decline because of people like you and enjoy my racing elsewhere. I may race with the NSSCC this year, I may not. We'll see. The way things currently are I would never consider doing a full season in the championship. I know a lot of people who feel the same which is sad as I think the DDMC have done a great job with the championship only for others with the wrong attitude to ruin their hard work.

/2p

Dan
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3237558)   #853
frazbomb
Rookie

frazbomb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So split grids are confirmed for the 11th/12th? Hopefully we'll have the MX5 back together for that round, entry should be in very soon.

Also just to confirm the allcomers races, they will be making sure any timeattack drivers do have race licences? As I believe only the Pro-Class in time attack require race licences.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3239247)   #854
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Westysprinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi---this is my thread LOL so stop the bickering
Old 26 Apr 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3239625)   #855
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Looking forward to the first home round, stay safe everyone
Old 28 Apr 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3240300)   #856
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
ChrisG99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results for rounds 3 and 4 are now available on the DDMC web site. Points table will follow soon.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3240797)   #857
roadboy
Racer

Great weekend. Some really close battles.

Just to disprove all that nonsense about Class H being "too slow" to race with A&E, below are the fastest laps from all Class A, E & H runners from the second races where the conditions were comparable.

Class E - 1.31.5
Class A - 1.32.2
Class E - 1.35.6
Class H - 1.35.7
Class A - 1.36.0
Class H - 1.36.3
Class E - 1.38.0
Class H - 1.38.4
Class E - 1.40.7
Class H - 1.41.3
Class H - 1.43.6
Class A - 1.46.8

Looks to me like there's be some great racing if you put them all together and you wouldn't be running races for 7 cars!

Dan
Old 30 Apr 2013, 07:08 (Ref:3240886)   #858
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan I have a old saying ...
Those who steer the sh.t should lick the spoon ..

Please keep your unhelpful thoughts to yourself as no one is interested .!!!!
Old 30 Apr 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3240915)   #859
roadboy
Racer

In what way is that unhelpful Andy? What's wrong with discussing different options which may help the championship flourish in tough times.

Surely the only unhelpful thing to do is to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend there isn't a problem!

Dan
Old 30 Apr 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3240948)   #860
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
If you were at the presentations on Sunday, Lesley asked for such ideas to be presented to her and not discussed through this forum, which is completely unofficial. So in a nut shell if you have a valid justifiable point - Contact Lesley
Old 30 Apr 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3240949)   #861
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
just looking at the results again, I cant find times for Stu Car on the Saturday...
Old 30 Apr 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3241027)   #862
mpbenson
Rookie

United Kingdom
Richmond, N. Yorks.
mpbenson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're not planning to be out this year for several reason, first and foremost because we're both too busy and the car needs us to spend a bit of time on it, we've had one day in the workshop with it since last year and no time in the driving seat.

But there are 2 things that we'll be looking at when we're ready to come back;

Tin Tops vs Open Cars - when we were punted off by a certain fellow competitor at Snett, in addition to costing us both in time and money it gave us both cause for concern for our safety. I don't know if he didn't see Rich or he deliberately 'nudged' us, but if Rich was in the Clio it would probably just have meant bent panels and trip over the grass, in the Ginetta it was a smashed clam, broken wishbones, spring, damper and driveshaft and a lot of time spent putting it straight. The car also flew quite a long way and was in danger of rolling if it had dug in on the way down - the evidence is there in Pete Cook's on-board and it's made me reassess who I want to share a grid with.
I like big grids but I'm simply not prepared to risk darting in and out of tin tops in the bends if that's the level of care they give to us. And as Mark says above, it's not an isolated coming together for a tin top and an open car - and we always come off worse and it's never simply a case of buying new panels from the scrapper.

Class structure - where does the cost-conscious competitor race in A or E? Both classes favour chequebook racing. E is unlimited so the most powerful engine wins, A2 is under 2500cc so the man with the most expensive 2.3 Duratec wins - those of us on a budget who don't have a spare £10k for an engine have no hope of competing for a class win.

It's not sour grapes (probably comes across that way), but we'd like to think we were in with a chance of winning something and I suspect it's what stops a lot of others looking at NSSCC, the classes for sports and kit cars don't encourage racing on a budget or allow competitive racing in the cars people already have in their garage.

I should probably direct this to Lesley, and I will if I see her - but as I said, I'm not out this year so there we are....just my thoughts on it.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3241113)   #863
roadboy
Racer

Hey Mark,

Good to hear from you. Totally understand your point of view.

To be honest, with you and Rich sharing the car you'd probably be better off in one of the 40/60 minute, 2 driver race series like MSVR Team Trophy or 750MC Roadsports (if you're eligible).

I think Classes A & E are in real trouble at the minute. How long are the people who currently running in it going to put up with 7 car, strung out races where they're all circulating 5-10 seconds away from each other and nobody is actually racing. Sure, nobody likes contact but surely people actually want to race other cars. If there's noone to race why will anyone bother entering.

I certainly think you're right about the class structure but to be honest, any class racing championship will always be susceptible to dominance by chequebook racing. If you want to avoid that then tightly controlled single make series are the only way to go. Success in classes B & D are out of reach for those without a large budget too so its definitely not just A & E where the problem is. That's Motorsport unfortunately.

Hope to catch up with you at Croft at the end of May.

Cheers

Dan
Old 1 May 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3241408)   #864
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sundays race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJkNsz8W_Q
Old 2 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3241852)   #865
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a scary start to the video !
Nice view of your roll cage big boy,
I now need a sequenal box after watch that
Old 2 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3241909)   #866
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
migliacars has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice smooth driving all the way through. The bmw is so much quicker through the bends.
Sh t there good cars.
Old 3 May 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3242338)   #867
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
think that vid should come with a warning Andy LOL...
Old 4 May 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3242515)   #868
Peter Dixon
Racer

Peter Dixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbenson View Post
We're not planning to be out this year for several reason, first and foremost because we're both too busy and the car needs us to spend a bit of time on it, we've had one day in the workshop with it since last year and no time in the driving seat.

But there are 2 things that we'll be looking at when we're ready to come back;

Tin Tops vs Open Cars - when we were punted off by a certain fellow competitor at Snett, in addition to costing us both in time and money it gave us both cause for concern for our safety. I don't know if he didn't see Rich or he deliberately 'nudged' us, but if Rich was in the Clio it would probably just have meant bent panels and trip over the grass, in the Ginetta it was a smashed clam, broken wishbones, spring, damper and driveshaft and a lot of time spent putting it straight. The car also flew quite a long way and was in danger of rolling if it had dug in on the way down - the evidence is there in Pete Cook's on-board and it's made me reassess who I want to share a grid with.
I like big grids but I'm simply not prepared to risk darting in and out of tin tops in the bends if that's the level of care they give to us. And as Mark says above, it's not an isolated coming together for a tin top and an open car - and we always come off worse and it's never simply a case of buying new panels from the scrapper.

Class structure - where does the cost-conscious competitor race in A or E? Both classes favour chequebook racing. E is unlimited so the most powerful engine wins, A2 is under 2500cc so the man with the most expensive 2.3 Duratec wins - those of us on a budget who don't have a spare £10k for an engine have no hope of competing for a class win.

It's not sour grapes (probably comes across that way), but we'd like to think we were in with a chance of winning something and I suspect it's what stops a lot of others looking at NSSCC, the classes for sports and kit cars don't encourage racing on a budget or allow competitive racing in the cars people already have in their garage.

I should probably direct this to Lesley, and I will if I see her - but as I said, I'm not out this year so there we are....just my thoughts on it.
Mark, buy the clio back, Class C is making a come back! Probs because they finally got rid of you and Rich!
Old 4 May 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3242868)   #869
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG99 View Post
Results for rounds 3 and 4 are now available on the DDMC web site. Points table will follow soon.
when is soon?
Old 5 May 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3243041)   #870
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
http://www.darlington-motor-club.org..._Round_4_1.pdf
Ah found it
Old 5 May 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3243102)   #871
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westysprinter View Post
Mark,

As I found an error in the calculations I emailed back to Phil to have them checked and corrected. When Phil returned them they were published as soon as possible.
The meaning of soon= when Phil (who is busy working on a building site) as well as his proper occupation, and for me also when I have time from my full time paid job. If I do not get paid I cannot do recreational things just like most people.
Old 5 May 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3243229)   #872
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG99 View Post
Mark,

As I found an error in the calculations I emailed back to Phil to have them checked and corrected. When Phil returned them they were published as soon as possible.
The meaning of soon= when Phil (who is busy working on a building site) as well as his proper occupation, and for me also when I have time from my full time paid job. If I do not get paid I cannot do recreational things just like most people.
Yep all in the same boat as im sat here in my 13th and a 1/2 hour at work managing a 10 minute break on a bank holiday sunday
Old 15 May 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3247801)   #873
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Points after rounds 5 & 6

http://www.darlington-motor-club.org..._Round_6_1.pdf
Old 23 May 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3252275)   #874
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
25 entries now received for Cadwell Park. update on DDMC web site.
Old 24 May 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3252758)   #875
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
any truth in the rumor ddmc might be running 2 grids at this meeting?